Standon Calling 2022

gregory

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Gregory, thought I'd give you some company here! I'll be going with my family on the Sunday, mainly for Primal Scream, Dry Cleaning, Self Esteem, Ezra Furman and (for my daughter!) Sigrid.

The four new artists named this morning aren't eactly earth-shattering - never heard of any of them.

More worrying are the timings - why on earth is Self Esteem on from 11.20pm-12.20am? Good job that she doesn't clash with Primal Scream, but surely she should be on from 8.45-9.45 so that attendees can then cross to see the Scream? I'm not sure my daughter and many others will be bothered enough/have the stamina on the last night for such a late getaway before work the next day (it can take ages to exit the site!).

• Upvote 1

These are the new names, as per the press release;

KAMAL / PORIJ / JESHI / CONNIE CONSTANCE  / KINGS ELLIOT / THE RILLS 

ENGLISH TEACHER / PVA / HIGHSCHOOL / JUICE MENACE / BORED AT MY GRANDMA’S HOUSE 

MOA MOA / CLEANING WOMEN / JEALOUS NOSTRIL / ACID KLAUS / GUS ROBERTSON (DJ) 

NO GO STOP / SUPER PANELA / SUNTOU SUSSO BAND / LATER YOUTH  

TOFFEES / LOUIE FORWARD / FUSED

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rivaldo said:

More worrying are the timings - why on earth is Self Esteem on from 11.20pm-12.20am? Good job that she doesn't clash with Primal Scream, but surely she should be on from 8.45-9.45 so that attendees can then cross to see the Scream? I'm not sure my daughter and many others will be bothered enough/have the stamina on the last night for such a late getaway before work the next day (it can take ages to exit the site!).

That is a little late, I agree, but it is normal for them to put the 2nd stage headliner on after the Main headliner I think.

Thurs, Sat, and Sunday have almost 0 clash between those main 2 stages, not sure how they messed up Friday though. Some of us like Sugababes and The Cribs you know...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2022 at 9:20 PM, mattiosmith said:

Anyone know how easy it is to get a taxi when you have day tickets? Nearby stations have pretty early last trains so that's not an option.

There is a temporary taxi rank at the festival, but maybe call some of the cab companies listed on the Standon Calling website and get a quote / pre book. 

Edited by gregory

2 hours ago, jump said:

So what happened with Bob Vylan, did they fuck the stage up or something and now the other acts can’t play?

Looks like there was a stage invasion (which Bobby says was approved by the festival) and it either collapsed fully or the middle struts went, and now it looks like it's out of commission for the whole weekend. I say "looks like" as there's not only nothing about it on any of the festival's social media, there's barely been any tweets referencing it bar a few acts for today and tomorrow announcing they're not playing.

16 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Looks like there was a stage invasion (which Bobby says was approved by the festival) and it either collapsed fully or the middle struts went, and now it looks like it's out of commission for the whole weekend. I say "looks like" as there's not only nothing about it on any of the festival's social media, there's barely been any tweets referencing it bar a few acts for today and tomorrow announcing they're not playing.

That sucks for the other others acts but at the same time if the stage was that weak maybe they shouldn't be playing on it.