Music Industry Ticket

rockandnoll

15 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Holy hell that cost more than my first house 

image.thumb.png.4cc331aacc4fdb6e82705907c3d04a44.png

You would hope wifi is free at that price

1 hour ago, rockandnoll said:

Thanks all, the tickets I am being offered seem to be the ones you are suggesting that are about double the normal price (just over).
I'm biding my time until next weekend to see if I can pick one up thanks to the resale team, but then will have to decide if the benefits (and just being on the farm) outweigh the extra cost

Can you remember if you were able to access the festival early or were those tickets just in essence general admission with a couple of small perks?

Sounds like given all the different types of special tickets, just asking them what they usully get might be the best approach 🙂  (unless they don't know themself of course)

5 minutes ago, yehbutnobut said:

the only perks for us was the cut through between The Other & The Pyramid, and the toilet facilities were nicer and more private/convenient if you needed a quick pick me up. Wouldn't pay for them again though, unless there was no other option and could afford.

This was 100% our experience too. 

2 hours ago, rockandnoll said:

I have a friend who is a music agent and he has been at his company long enough finally that he can get music industry tickets...however, there is a rather high cost associated to them.
My question is have any of you got any previous experience with these tickets and what they provide you in terms of amenities/access etc?

they normall give acess to the interstage area, betweeen pyramid and other where theres bars and toilets, also to the hospitality camping area

thats not worth paying loads for  but a ticket is a ticket. 🙂 

58 minutes ago, Yeo-vile idiot said:

The cafe in the interstage area used to be run by the folks that have the Hive Cafe on Burton Bradstock beach in Dorset and was lovely. Who ever has had the contract for the previous couple of years hasn’t been nearly as nice.

Still the same people - I worked there in 2019.

3 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I’m sure there are better informed people, but I’ve seen two types of ticket before, I think a hospitality one which is about double a normal ticket, then another type that is about £1500. I think they get you access to the hospitality campsite and the back stage bar between the pyramid and other and the cut through between the two. A friend won hospitality tickets once and that’s all he got in addition to entry.

I wouldn't do it every year obviously if I could get to a 1500 ticket this year I'd probably go for it...much prefer that than spending on a normal holiday

Edited by efcfanwirral

2 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

If anyone wants a laugh have a look at this:

https://www.cornucopia-events.co.uk/glastonbury-festival/

‘All prices subject to VAT’ hate companies that do that, the car industry us the worst, well yes of course there’s VAT, stop trying to be a conning b’stard and put the proper price on your site.

that aside, there will always be people with money to spend, just hope the festival itself profits from them and not just this events company with a terrible name.

I got given a free hospitality ticket a good few years ago via Beggars Banquet records when they had something to do with the Prodigy. Got me into the interstage bit, wasn't much to shout about but I stopped at the bar one afternoon and without immediately realising it I sat down next to John Peel, ended up having a 5min random but pleasant chat about Status Quo.

Also...when I first turned up at the festival and handed my posh ticket over some twat had given me a normal wristband. I didn't notice this for an hour or so but after realising everyone else had the same wristband I decided to go back to the gate to have a moan. Unbelievably after the supervisor asked a couple of basic questions he then handed me the correct wristband. I came away happy and also thinking why doesn't everyone try that!

Edited by Cooter

8 hours ago, rockandnoll said:

I have a friend who is a music agent and he has been at his company long enough finally that he can get music industry tickets...however, there is a rather high cost associated to them.
My question is have any of you got any previous experience with these tickets and what they provide you in terms of amenities/access etc?

For this year at this time twice the price of a regular ticket even without any perks you fancy seems like a bargain compared to any of the hospitality jokers, who I believe are mostly sold out.  Although of course that's all related to how much budget you have and how much you want to go.

https://www.woodlandsretreats.co.uk/glastonbury-festival

Thanks for all of the input everybody, definitely super useful insight into what the ticket could provide.
A few of you have made the very thought that I had which was for that price if I can't get in any other way it may be absolutely worth it to be at the farm in June.
Will have to see how Sunday goes and then work it out from there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rockandnoll said:

Thanks for all of the input everybody, definitely super useful insight into what the ticket could provide.
A few of you have made the very thought that I had which was for that price if I can't get in any other way it may be absolutely worth it to be at the farm in June.

And your sure you're able to decide after Sunday?  Just wanted to check it's not a time limited offer 😉 

18 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

If anyone wants a laugh have a look at this:

https://www.cornucopia-events.co.uk/glastonbury-festival/

I think they need to update their website;

• Safe country: You can walk around with your cameras without any issues. Locals are out enjoying life – playing chess in parks, eating in restaurants and using public spaces for concerts

https://www.cornucopia-events.co.uk/mice-in-ukraine/

I have a been a few times and camped in hospitality and in the early days when we could pitch behind the Pyramid was bloody brilliant, think that was 2007 & 8. Then they moved the camping up behind the John Peel tent and that wasn't worth the extra money as it was very, very busy, we didn't bother after that.

Obviously if you haven't got a ticket then it's a no brainer, the car parking is good as is the intersection area for moving about.

10 hours ago, rockandnoll said:

Yep I'd always prefer a regular ticket but if it comes down to a choice of that or not going then I'd take it. 

On 3/21/2022 at 7:08 AM, czuk said:

We were on T&C field tickets in 2019 and managed to get into Interstage once.  It felt a bit like a posh village fete in there with everyone in nice clothes milling about.  It was handy for getting through the crowds though, probably takes 10 minutes off the walk from Pyramid to Other

i was on T&C in 2019 too! agree completely with what you said.  

also gave access to the backstage bars in the southeast corner which was nice.