Bar Prices predictions 2022

Jimmyjam1

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

So Heineken have bought Beavertown. Maybe they'll have some of it at Glasto next year as opposed to the hippos piss they've been serving up recently. 

Heineken aren't Carlsberg or at Glastonbury though, unfortunately.

Only managed to buy 6 pints the whole week.... Couldn't be bothered with the big queues and most places on Wednesday and Thursday only had shit beer 😭 don't know if they were having problems with deliveries 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Just out of an interest, as a non-drinker, how much do people spend on alcohol over the 5 days (or more if you're crew).

Even when I was a drinker I'd bring my own topped up by almost unlimited free drinks in the Truth Stage back stage bar.

I bought 6 pints the whole week but I wanted to be buying about 6/7 pints a day but either the queues were massive or the bars didn't have shipyard, hobgoblin and butcombe. 

I still had my own beers though - 72 hobgoblins and 36 brewdogs 

32 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Just out of an interest, as a non-drinker, how much do people spend on alcohol over the 5 days (or more if you're crew).

Even when I was a drinker I'd bring my own topped up by almost unlimited free drinks in the Truth Stage back stage bar.

It varies. These days I tend not to take any cans in as I can't be bothered to lug them in on coach or train. So I take a bottle of rum and one or two bottles of homemade flavoured vodka. Call that what, £40-£50?

The amount I spend there can really change. Wednesday this year ended up being more than expected, just got a taste for it. Other days can be about 4 pints over the course of the whole day.

I'd pitch it between £200 and £250 all in, but that's a back of a fag packet calculation.

24 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'd pitch it between £200 and £250 all in, but that's a back of a fag packet calculation

That's in the region of what I thought people might spend.

Add in ticket, transport, possible car parking ticket, maybe other drugs and food it's an expensive do.

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

So Heineken have bought Beavertown. Maybe they'll have some of it at Glasto next year as opposed to the hippos piss they've been serving up recently. 

1 hour ago, incident said:

Heineken aren't Carlsberg or at Glastonbury though, unfortunately.

Definitely a potential for Beavertown to pop up at other festivals though, Heineken as a company seem to have a fair few of them now

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Definitely a potential for Beavertown to pop up at other festivals though, Heineken as a company seem to have a fair few of them now

Thing is, all of the huge multinational breweries do already have perfectly decent offerings on their slate - they just (for the most part) choose not to bring them to Festivals and instead focus on whichever brand they want to promote. Hence we had Tuborg pushed on us for years.

Wouldn't be confident this changes anything.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Thing is, all of the huge multinational breweries do already have perfectly decent offerings on their slate - they just (for the most part) choose not to bring them to Festivals and instead focus on whichever brand they want to promote. Hence we had Tuborg pushed on us for years.

Wouldn't be confident this changes anything.

Captive audience innit. Why sell something for 6quid (total lets say thats what most people would spend a pint on without wincing) with a profit margin of 1.50 for a top end brand when the majority of people would still spend the same 6quid and accept carlsberg or whatever if that's all thats,avaialble. 

I did end of road - i would not normally buy a 3.8percent ipa at any cost but after finishing all of mine way too early into the weekend i did willingly at 6pound a pint 

55 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Add in ticket, transport, possible car parking ticket, maybe other drugs and food it's an expensive do.

Oh 100%. I could do it cheaper, no doubt. But I'm fortunate that I can do it this way, although it is my personal (ie non-wife) blow out for the year.

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

two pints. i like spirits + squash so i don't have to leave crowds! (and tins / spirit mixer at camp)

Edited by gfa

5 hours ago, Skip997 said:

I reckon about £200 over the week, which I don’t mind as I don’t pay for a ticket. 

I tend to drink more cold pints on Mon and Tues because it’s much easier to get served and switch to my own spirit and mixer drinks after that, with a few trips to Brothers bar. 

5 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Yeah, it worked out about £750 for the week I think. £370 ticket and transport, £200 alcohol and food in there, £100 booze, food and assorted Amazon buys before hand. 

On 9/7/2022 at 10:46 PM, eddie_corrigan said:

I’m sure someone either a few pages on this thread or somewhere else that this was the last year of their contract with carlsberg. 

First year with Melvin back though, wouldn't be shocked to see it continue