Bar Prices predictions 2022

Jimmyjam1

On 5/28/2022 at 9:01 AM, moogster said:

I'm thinking those soy sauce fish thingies may be convenient for bitters. Project for the week end: see if they can be cleaned enough as not to taste like soy sauce.

Tested and confirmed, soy sauce thingies work perfectly!

Properly washed out with washing up water and no taste of soy sauce.

Had to empty some bitters into a bowl and then squash the thingy so it sucks up the liquid, took a few goes to fill it properly. Only downside is a bit of wastage of bitters, but not the end of the world!

IMG-20220618-WA0020.jpeg

Edited by Quark
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Quark said:

Had to empty some bitters into a bowl and then squash the thingy so it sucks up the liquid, took a few goes to fill it properly. Only downside is a bit of wastage of bitters, but not the end of the world!

IMG-20220618-WA0020.jpeg

Ohh thanks for reminding me. I am indeed in process of gathering beverages!

5 minutes ago, moogster said:

Ohh thanks for reminding me. I am indeed in process of gathering beverages!

I've got a 70cl bottle of rum, reckon I might need two of those to have enough for the weekend so going to buy some more sushi tomorrow 

Edited by Quark

19 minutes ago, Quark said:

IMG-20220618-WA0020.jpeg

this is absolutely genius. phenomenal work

4 minutes ago, theciderviking said:

Arcadia crew bar, gives us a bit of a steer.

4E87021F-8A66-49F2-8780-FBC90F1FB0DA.thumb.jpeg.5a2a3b2f7e71f9a291cf7b907ea48a91.jpeg

Add 50p onto bars outside of crew areas then do we reckon?

I swear I was paying a bit less in 2019 in crew areas. £3.30 for a decent ale in one.. can’t imagine I’ll find anything like that this year.

edit: it was actually Otter ale I was paying £3.30 and it’s on that as £5.50. So 100% won’t be finding anything that cheap 😂

Edited by Andy0808 v5

17 minutes ago, kraken_89 said:

Yikes, that’s a pretty rubbish Beer / Cider selection in my opinion. I can’t get on with San Miguel at all. Is that likely to be standard across the board? 

Avalon had way more choice than this I remember in '19.

Hope so anyways as couldn't stomach Beefeater.

1 minute ago, Poorside.2 said:

Always thought the UK was relatively cheaper than Ireland for beer, seeing this is an eye opener, I regularly pay €6-€7 for good craft beer here so was thinking its about £5-£6, I'll still drink it. 

We normally pay £4.50 - £6.00 per pint... But it's an event, and they're traditionally a lot more... Seems Glastonbury is actually on the lower end for events, more like normal London prices. 

2 minutes ago, Poorside.2 said:

Always thought the UK was relatively cheaper than Ireland for beer, seeing this is an eye opener, I regularly pay €6-€7 for good craft beer here so was thinking its about £5-£6, I'll still drink it. 

Nothing more disappointing than seeing something new on a menu and ordering and it's mildly cold flat real ale.

2 minutes ago, basquille said:

Nothing more disappointing than seeing something new on a menu and ordering and it's mildly cold flat real ale.

Not a lot of that over here, my local would be 1 of the best craft bars in Ireland and Cask beer is an occasion there.