Bar Prices predictions 2022

Jimmyjam1

1 minute ago, gfa said:

When do we generally find out the answer to the pint price? It will be before tuesday night right so if its £7 or something crazy I can load up on spirits + cans

I would expect Tuesday afternoon or evening, when someone on site snaps a photo of the signage and posts it on here.

1 hour ago, grayfitz said:

Worked in Camden for 6+ years and I reckon the three best value pubs are Quinns, The Good Mixer and Tapping The Admiral. All three places have pints that hover around £5-5.50.

I had a pint in the good mixer on Saturday just gone, I can't remember being stung TBH. 

11 minutes ago, Barneym said:

There are lots of pubs in London where it’s £7 a pint now, especially if you are on anything that considered craft, and I mean basic stuff like neck oil. I had a quick pint in spoons in Victoria yesterday (not my choice) and a San Mig in there was £5.35 and spoons are way cheaper than most pubs

But Neck oil isn’t really that basic, I don’t think the majority of places in London are charging £7 for Carlsberg and I don’t think it will be £7 at Glastonbury. 

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

But Neck oil isn’t really that basic, I don’t think the majority of places in London are charging £7 for Carlsberg and I don’t think it will be £7 at Glastonbury. 

Yeah I do agree I don’t think it will be £7 and you are probably right, wouldn’t think of touching the stuff unless I’m in a field with no option so I don’t actually know what the average price of Carlsberg would be but probably £5.50-£6 I’d guess

57 minutes ago, incident said:

I would expect Tuesday afternoon or evening, when someone on site snaps a photo of the signage and posts it on here.

Cheers

52 minutes ago, eiepete said:

Royal blood at the O2 £7.50 a pint..

Nothing new here, its been this much since pre-covid i think.

17 hours ago, gfa said:

When do we generally find out the answer to the pint price? It will be before tuesday night right so if its £7 or something crazy I can load up on spirits + cans

17 hours ago, incident said:

The Bread And Roses should be displaying the prices Monday 20th of June - its the only main bar that opens days before the Gates open - shot from 2011 ' the day before the ticket holders could enter.' The prices will be the same in all the main bars.

2011-wbc-20.thumb.jpg.65f6b4084c15c72a32403857f17f8e27.jpg

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

The Bread And Roses should be displaying the prices Monday 20th of June - its the only main bar that opens days before the Gates open - shot from 2011 ' the day before the ticket holders could enter.' The prices will be the same in all the main bars.

2011-wbc-20.thumb.jpg.65f6b4084c15c72a32403857f17f8e27.jpg

I will have to go for a pint on site on the Monday then for a photo  , taking one for the team 😁

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2022 at 6:47 AM, westholtschic said:

I will have to go for a pint on site on the Monday then for a photo  , taking one for the team 😁

well done - After which also check out The Tow and Hitch (Arcadia Crew Bar) I believe was open from Thursday 20th June 2019 to all festival crews so 6 days before the Gates Opened.

May look empty but as time marches on does get busy.

+ there is various crew bars all over the place { always ' check with Bar staff ' as some issue their own bar pass which you may need once the gates open }

CREW-BAR_j4.thumb.jpg.5f977bd3b529aeb4a153a20df67815d0.jpg

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

well done - After which also check out The Tow and Hitch (Arcadia Crew Bar) I believe was open from Thursday 20th June 2019 to all festival crews so 6 days before the Gates Opened.

+ there is various crew bars all over the place { always ' check with Bar staff ' as some issue their own bar pass which you may need once the gates open }

Thank you. Have been in the Tow as well before. We always go for a wonder on the Tuesday and have a in memorial drink for our former colleague and girlfriend of one of us, by the sign. It’s my favourite day of the week.

2 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

Love the Tow! Arcadia isn't really my scene but I go out of my way to have a drink here at least once per festival. The vibes are spot on. 

19 hours ago, westholtschic said:

Thank you. Have been in the Tow as well before. We always go for a wonder on the Tuesday and have a in memorial drink for our former colleague and girlfriend of one of us, by the sign. It’s my favourite day of the week.

17 hours ago, oakdown said:

Love the Tow! Arcadia isn't really my scene but I go out of my way to have a drink here at least once per festival. The vibes are spot on. 

some year before I retire { from being a volunteer } I will wangle a place
on the WBC set up crew so will get access two weeks before the gates open

see photo { from 2009 } - most were staying in Portakabin's {at the back of the mess tent} and Campervans just so I can get some good shots of the whole build up.

The first thing they set up is the Cherry Picker { that contains the radio
equipment and wi-fi } hence how I knew that was the crew site { that was a new location that year }

I have seen bars been set up before but I have never been there weeks before.

new-camp-RIGHT.thumb.jpg.62ec2186f0c8542ebca77c4d63895f08.jpgglasto-52-1000.jpg.fe71d08185e81303caa834de881a754d.jpg

42 minutes ago, The Dawg said:

We carried out a test one year on which lager was the best when warm, Krony 1664 won. We take a backpack and mix our drinking with a warm can and a every now and again a fresh cool pint.

I’m currently running a beer World Cup and as much as I love a kronenbourg it lost out to Cobra by popular vote☹️