Bar Prices predictions 2022

Jimmyjam1

3 hours ago, Gacheezbo said:

Where was this from? I know my group would be more keen to get a carton of wine than pints before headliners, less likely to need a piss and lasts way longer, absolutely ideal. 

Directly opposite the other stage if I remember correctly. Almost certainly find it cheaper somewhere quieter too!

2 hours ago, aj6658 said:

Feel like since the pandemic pub prices have just rocketed. I live in Bristol and its basically London prices. They bumped them up when restrictions lifted to compensate for the extra hassle/ lost revenues and limited numbers but they stayed up since. 

What do you consider London prices now as it’s not that unusual to be at £7 a pint here if you are drinking basic craft beer such as Neck Oil, I pad £13.80 for 2 pints of some sub 5% pale ale in Camden a couple of Fridays ago in a pub, it was actually cheaper in the Electric Ballroom that night albeit for a far shitter beer in a plastic cup, but that was £6.50 I think

16 hours ago, clarkete said:

I assumed you just had a special laminated pass that let you in every year 😉 

sadly not - 2009 due to the crew Coach getting lost { its a long story - that was the year there was a huge queue though Glastonbury town that did not move for hours } the coach arrived at Red Gate but as it was 8 hours late { I kid you not } - The coach only had access up to Midnight - we arrived at 1.30 am and security would not let the coach in and I jumped off with my previous years photo id laminated pass round my neck ' and he spotted my 2008 pass and gave the word to let the coach in - it had not been my intention - I was only going to point out if they looked in the previous days book they would find it but I never got the time to explain.

Not Claiming a old pass will work but it did for us 

## that was the year they used ' Bushy Ground ' as crew camping - you can see over 1/2 of it was empty - must have made sense to someone ##

2009-overhead-fullcamp2.thumb.jpg.492c6aef73a85c68422e8548139f18df.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, David_303 said:

Isn't it just another identikit 'word' lager, brewed in, er, Yorkshire?

It was brewed near Madrid originally but brewed and distributed by Molson Coors in the UK so fresh out of Staffordshire. As are most lagers in the UK these days it’s seems.

But who cares when it tastes that good? 

45 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Prices at Aintree this week.

564655ED-8178-4A1E-9862-A44BCEFEB46B.thumb.png.275fbcc4a08fb5ccc48a5b9defc6a4f4.png

Bloody hell, I paid £3.60 for a pint of Atlantic Pale Ale in the crocodile watching Liverpool win the cup , £7.20 is taking the piss.

I'd reckon £6 a pint for this year. Based on the thin silver lining of living in London I found last time I was there (2016) that the bar prices were a delight (£4.50 -£5 iirc) compared to the £5-£6 it was in the bars here around then. Prices seem to have gone up steeply over the last couple of years so for a good pint in a reasonable pub in a decent location you are looking more £5.80-£7.50 but I balk at anything over £6.50 these days (and even that is the upper limit). It may be time for me to move back to where I came from... significantly closer to our favourite farm.

Festivals and venues here are regularly charging £6.50-£7.50 a pint for whatever highly commercial pish they are obligated to stock. Spirits were £6.80 per measure at the Roundhouse the other day and I seem to remember similar at other venues I've been to lately. £6.50-£7 festival pint too but then I seek out the drinkable stuff (All Points East does well for that if you know where to go!). Alexandra Palace was trying to charge £6+ a pint for Inches cider when I was there for Disclosure. The £1 paid to try it from the supermarket was £2 too much for that apple concentrate trash (instant drain pour). Not that I bother with the main bars at AP either mind!

So taking all that in, with the trend for Glasto not to price gouge or take the piss, I reckon £6 will be about the mark with even £5 if we are lucky and the bars are nice to us. Will of course bow to other users greater knowledge than my gut feel though!

I think it will be £6.50 a pint in the main bars, I would love anything below 6 but I don’t think it’s that realistic with inflation and 2 years of missed trade etc.

saying that I was pleasantly surprised to only pay £5.60 a pint at a London gig on Tuesday

59 minutes ago, Mrs Dubs said:

Think we paid a fiver in most places. 

Got to be at least £6 this year then. 

I've no idea how people remember things like this, I usually just look at my bank statement when I get home and find out I spent way too much!!

i'm throwing my hat in for £5.50-£5.75, i think if it went to £6 the custom you'd lose on it being too pricey is outweighed by the number of people buying (if that makes sense, i've probably described that horribly). £6 just looks a lot worse that £5.50 on a board 

Is it split at glastonbury for ciders and beer - e.g. most FR stuff its say £6 for carlsberg, £6.50 for the thatchers. I reckon if we're lucky we might see £5.50 beer, £6 cider. or just £6 across the board otherwise

1 hour ago, Obiginnaw said:

i'm throwing my hat in for £5.50-£5.75, i think if it went to £6 the custom you'd lose on it being too pricey is outweighed by the number of people buying (if that makes sense, i've probably described that horribly). £6 just looks a lot worse that £5.50 on a board 

Does it actually stop people buying though?

Can't say I've ever looked at the price of a pint and thought, "That's 50p more than I'm willing to pay".