Bar Prices predictions 2022

Jimmyjam1

All this talk of doubles has brought back an awful memory from 2016. 😬

The precise details are, ummm, a little hazy, but I was at the bar in Beat Hotel & queued for ages. When I finally got served some guy further back asked if I’d get him a double & mixer - can’t remember what booze it was - and shoved a note my way. 

What happened next is all a bit of a blur but I think I somehow managed to take the money, order the drink but then spilled it completely when handing it back? 🤦‍♂️

I possibly didn’t even give the poor guy his change back… I do remember saying “sorry” about 100 times. 

Cringe to think of it, I’d managed to forget all about that until now! 

Anyway, bringing things somewhat back on topic, if ordering doubles at £10-£15 a pop then definitely don’t trust some glazed-eyed, slightly swaying stranger to get them for you. 

1 hour ago, danmarks said:

10quid for a double surely cant be 15? That is insane pricing. Tho i guess wine is 7 quid q large glass so maybe. Dunno. Just 3 doubles almost 50quid seems absolutely criminal 😳 

Spirits are always an absolute scam alcohol/£ wise compared to pints. A double is usually at least 50% more than a pint at the same place - in fabric a few months back it was £14 for doubles (they did do absinthe though so it was more like £8 value wise)

5 hours ago, clarkete said:

Paging @glasto-workerwho presumably has the bar prices tatoo'd on his chest

sorry but because of the Covid gap I would not have a Clue but will have a better idea After Friday 10th June { Kenwood House } - first event they do.

but look at Cheltenham Festival

A pint of Guinness was £7  -  A pint of Carling was £6.90

## although I suspect they run a ' cashless bar ' ##

in a cash bar ' Carling would be £7 as its not worth the hassle at £6.90 '  take 3 pints - that would be either £20.70 or £21 and the time to sort out the change ' another Customer could be served '

In London I have seen £7+ for Lager this year 

but like every year ' You can never be certain until the price list is made up.'

porices.thumb.jpg.993341e52ea1b54ed1589e82679a958c.jpg

• Thanks 1

Agree with £5.50 to £6 depending on what you have and where from

its not going to be £7 a pint yet, no chance

Cider is usually the cheapest thing on a bar aside from cask ale so i reckon ciders around £5.50 and lagers maybe pushing £6

Glastonbury have never properly taken the piss on bar prices in the past so dont think they will start now

edit: found a thread from 2019 on here and standard lager (carlsberg) and standard cider (mallets) were £5 a pint each.

if you could find it, carlsberg export was £5.50

Edited by Memory Man

Can't remember what bar I was in but this was their piece list, sorry it's a bit blurred . They had some of my favourite beer aswell, proper job and Tribute which were £5 so I expect they'll now be £6 .

IMG_20220321_080354.jpg

IMG_20220321_080459.jpg

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Agree with £5.50 to £6 depending on what you have and where from

its not going to be £7 a pint yet, no chance

Cider is usually the cheapest thing on a bar aside from cask ale so i reckon ciders around £5.50 and lagers maybe pushing £6

Glastonbury have never properly taken the piss on bar prices in the past so dont think they will start now

edit: found a thread from 2019 on here and standard lager (carlsberg) and standard cider (mallets) were £5 a pint each.

Yep  pretty much agree with this. I think £5/5.50 in the non MainStage bars. £6 in Avalon and the likes of the Mandela bar. Hopefully the Cider Bus keeps its great value £5 a pint policy, the best drink to be had anywhere on site.

2 hours ago, gazzared said:

Can't remember what bar I was in but this was their piece list, sorry it's a bit blurred . They had some of my favourite beer aswell, proper job and Tribute which were £5 so I expect they'll now be £6 .

IMG_20220321_080354.jpg

IMG_20220321_080459.jpg

Cornish Arms isn't it? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Yep  pretty much agree with this. I think £5/5.50 in the non MainStage bars. £6 in Avalon and the likes of the Mandela bar. Hopefully the Cider Bus keeps its great value £5 a pint policy, the best drink to be had anywhere on site.

If cider is the best drink on site then that’s concerning 

Last year Wilderness and mini- Download were £6 for a can of 440ml San Miguel, 6.50 for a pint, 7 for a mini bottle of wine, 6.50 for a 330ml can of craft beer from what I recall.  They tend to be at the higher end of prices, so I reckon 5.50-6.00 a pint at most bars, 5 for a can at the smaller bars in i.e. SE corner and maybe for a cheap bitter at Bimble or Cornish, 6 to 6.50 at Avalon and for a decent beer at Acoustic. 

Aso, special mention to the 18 quid a glass champagne me and the wife had at wilderness because it was our wedding anniversary. As I was stood at the bar, they were selling 2 or so bottles a minute at 140 a pop - that festival was an experience, not sure I could have stood it if we weren't able to sneak beer and wine in through the crew entrance..

Edited by jfaragher

10 hours ago, Memory Man said:

sorry but that is incorrect about Cider being cheaper  - would not have a clue how many I have sold in the past 34 years but as you can imagine its a lot.

in the Main Bars Cider { whatever version } has always been { well in my memory } slightly higher than Carlsberg and in some years ' was the same price as Carlsberg Export '

I know that in 2008 Carlsberg was £3.35 a pint Gaymer's Cider was £3.70 which was the same price as Carlsberg Export. 

I do not work in the public bars in recent years - here is one from Hyde park
in 2012

2012-wbc-7.thumb.jpg.5ffad45e2f5ed76878bfc9a6aa616d58.jpg

25 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

sorry but that is incorrect about Cider being cheaper  - would not have a clue how many I have sold in the past 34 years but as you can imagine its a lot.

in the Main Bars Cider { whatever version } has always been { well in my memory } slightly higher than Carlsberg and in some years ' was the same price as Carlsberg Export '

I know that in 2008 Carlsberg was £3.35 a pint Gaymer's Cider was £3.70 which was the same price as Carlsberg Export. 

in 2012

Bit of prosecco would be nice for a special occasion, always a bit tricky with the glass rules 🙂 

Was that WBC flogging the champagne to the clearly well healed?

37 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

in 2012

Often the cider is more expensive by a couple 10p, but is almost 1% stronger than the Carlsberg/other shit beer on offer. Always something to consider. Whatever they were serving at latitude and reading last year was 50p more than the carlsberg but worked out cheap £/% wise

8 hours ago, clarkete said:

Bit of prosecco would be nice for a special occasion, always a bit tricky with the glass rules 🙂 

Was that WBC flogging the champagne to the clearly well healed?

in fact there was huge demand for the Champagne - far out selling lager or Cider - so they made a wise choice on what was on offer.

it was a scorching day so it was lucky they used this type of bar so people waiting were under shade. 

photo taking 9 September 2012 just before the gates opened.

2012-wbc-1.thumb.jpg.a574e472567f81f4d087093797453125.jpg

6 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

in fact there was huge demand for the Champagne - far out selling lager or Cider - so they made a wise choice on what was on offer.

it was a scorching day so it was lucky they used this type of bar so people waiting were under shade. 

photo taking 9 September 2012 just before the gates opened.

2012-wbc-1.thumb.jpg.a574e472567f81f4d087093797453125.jpg

By 'eck youth of today etc 🍻

16 hours ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

A carton of white wine (bottle) was £20 in 2019. Didn't think that was actually all that bad, considering. Not cheap, but not absurd. 

Where was this from? I know my group would be more keen to get a carton of wine than pints before headliners, less likely to need a piss and lasts way longer, absolutely ideal

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

I remember in 2019 paying £5 for 2 cans of coke. I felt like I'd been assaulted.

The problem with some bars is if you want a coke it’s poured out of a 2l bottle into a paper cup, not cold and on its way to going flat. At least a can might be cooled. Mrs c doesn’t drink alcohol and takes those concentrated fruit juice things and adds them to her water bottle. Sadly I have to make do with lager 😉

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

May I ask, are you back for yet another year working the bars @glasto-worker?

thanks for asking - more tricky this year as because of Covid there has been no face to face meetings for a few years so its all up in the air and I will not hear for a month or I could hear tomorrow

but what is more tricky is getting the right allocation as there is bound to be tons of Teams after places - in the old days I used to get 25 places - a impossible allocation to get these days so I would think they will restrict it to 6 or 8 - will know more at a later date.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

thanks for asking - more tricky this year as because of Covid there has been no face to face meetings for a few years so its all up in the air and I will not hear for a month or I could hear tomorrow

but what is more tricky is getting the right allocation as there is bound to be tons of Teams after places - in the old days I used to get 25 places - a impossible allocation to get these days so I would think they will restrict it to 6 or 8 - will know more at a later date.

I assumed you just had a special laminated pass that let you in every year 😉