Electric Castle 2022

offmytrolley

Yes, the festival should happen. They're active on social media (Facebook and Instagram), but they keep remaining silent regarding the future lineup announcements. I think they're going to announce 1 more headliner + lots of smaller names.

Usually the first day has smaller acts, so that's why I expect only 1 headliner to be announced. However the past edition had some interesting names on the very first day as well (Grandmaster Flash for example), but not as big in terms of popularity as the headliners.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lineup "coming soon"!

Here’s what to expect from the upcoming line-up.
The most diverse and consistent selection of artists we’ve been long waiting to see and some of the best comebacks.

For some of you, it might be the best line-up yet. But let’s be honest - no line-up will be ever ‘the line-up’ for everyone. Even between our colleagues, the opinions are divided.
But we share the same excitement level. Sky-high. 🪁

All EC8 tickets are valid for this edition.

May be an image of sky and text

But let’s be honest - no line-up will be ever ‘the line-up’ for everyone. Even between our colleagues, the opinions are divided.

This seems an unusually honest thing for a festival's marketing team to admit! I hope this isn't softening the blow for a weak lineup due to the financial impact of COVID 🤞

Ah lovely, there's plenty on there that I'm happy with. I'm glad Hospital Records will be there, and that Ben Bohmer is there even though he played at EC's city event last summer in Cluji. I was worried they wouldn't rebook him for the festival as he'd played at an event of theirs last year.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, offmytrolley said:

I've seen some pics/videos of really muddy previous years, so I'm guessing the site doesn't drain very quickly if it rains?

The problem isn't with the site, it's with heavy rain that takes hours long or even days.

They took some measures in the previous editions to avoid this as much as possible... they moved the festival to mid-July, when statistically it doesn't rain that much as at the end of June / beginning of July (however in 2018 it still rained a lot) and they also put some "alleys" to be able to move from a stage to another.

So if it will rain a lot on a day or even two consecutive days then it's still going to be very muddy. You don't have to worry, you will be able to buy wellies and ponchos in Cluj-Napoca at the supermarkets or even at the festival, on the spot (or from the locals).

Edited by #1SzigetFan

• 2 weeks later...