Ticket Delivery

Ayrshire Chris

17 hours ago, TheDayman said:

Ive just realised Download Festival is only at 53% and that kicks off on Friday... 😳

I wouldn’t trust these trackers at all, is Download sold out? Slam Dunk never got above 50% as far as I know and I didn’t see an outcry of people without tickets 

7 minutes ago, Barneym said:

I wouldn’t trust these trackers at all, is Download sold out? Slam Dunk never got above 50% as far as I know and I didn’t see an outcry of people without tickets 

If you search "Download Festival Tickets" on Twitter, it definitely doesn't inspire confidence... lots of people stating they still haven't received and that's on Friday. The festival also sent a tweet saying people who havent receive their car parking passes need to show ID and email confirmation. Time will tell I suppose.

15 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Complete mess with my friend's ticket. Delivered to a house in Gillingham on the 18th May. He lives in Warwickshire. And he's not the only one with the same error. And See stating tickets 'irreplaceable' today...

That's bad - surely if the ticket is lost before you / anyone receives it, it's SeeTicket issue?

2 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

If you search "Download Festival Tickets" on Twitter, it definitely doesn't inspire confidence... lots of people stating they still haven't received and that's on Friday. The festival also sent a tweet saying people who havent receive their car parking passes need to show ID and email confirmation. Time will tell I suppose.

But download is primarily ticketmaster isn't it? 

Yes it is, Ticketmaster are the main ticket seller for Download https://downloadfestival.co.uk/tickets/

Edited by Alvoram

16 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Complete mess with my friend's ticket. Delivered to a house in Gillingham on the 18th May. He lives in Warwickshire. And he's not the only one with the same error. And See stating tickets 'irreplaceable' today...

That's outrageous.

1 minute ago, Alvoram said:

But download is primarily ticketmaster isn't it? 

I'm not sure what the story is, looks like there's multiple ticket vendors. What I do see is "RIP tickets", whatever they are, appear to be physical tickets and lots of people stating they haven't been received. I'm hoping that's not See Tickets side of things...

1 minute ago, TheDayman said:

I'm not sure what the story is, looks like there's multiple ticket vendors. What I do see is "RIP tickets", whatever they are, appear to be physical tickets and lots of people stating they haven't been received. I'm hoping that's not See Tickets side of things...

I've just checked and Ticketmaster is where the problem is for download, they are the preferred agent. All of those tweets are @ ticketmaster.

See tickets won't let you down, outside a few individual problems, that you get with any event. Which obviously sucks if you're one of the unlucky ones, but the vast majority will get their tickets on time, I'm sure. They still have until the weekend to ship them to be inside the targeted 7 days. 🙂

1 minute ago, Alvoram said:

I've just checked and Ticketmaster is where the problem is for download, they are the preferred agent. All of those tweets are @ ticketmaster.

See tickets won't let you down, outside a few individual problems, that you get with any event. Which obviously sucks if you're one of the unlucky ones, but the vast majority will get their tickets on time, I'm sure. They still have until the weekend to ship them to be inside the targeted 7 days. 🙂

Yeah but 7 days isn't leaving much margin for error for tickets being sent to Ireland. If See Tickets don't declare them correctly, they could end up delayed in customs.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Yeah but 7 days isn't leaving much margin for error for tickets being sent to Ireland. If See Tickets don't declare them correctly, they could end up delayed in customs.

I'm not sure they're supposed to be shipping tickets to Ireland are they? Thought EU / International tickets were supposed to be collection?

Anyway, this is the target set by the festival, I believe. I heard it was to reduce forgery opportunities. 

4 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

I'm not sure they're supposed to be shipping tickets to Ireland are they? Thought EU / International tickets were supposed to be collection?

Anyway, this is the target set by the festival, I believe. I heard it was to reduce forgery opportunities. 

This is the first year that they defaulted delivery of International tickets to box office collection however they updated many Irish buyers to delivery as, for one of a few reasons, a lot drive so would need their car park passes to gain access to the box office.

1 minute ago, TheDayman said:

This is the first year that they defaulted delivery of International tickets to box office collection however they updated many Irish buyers to delivery as, for one of a few reasons, a lot drive so would need their car park passes to gain access to the box office.

PITA that is. Probably need to rethink that for future years then, a collection point away from the festival site like viago do? As I imagine there will be other International guests who rent a car. And, technically, anybody from mainland Europe can drive here, I drive over Europe all of the time. 

On 6/6/2022 at 12:35 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

See tickets really should have factored in the additional bank holidays and the backlog in collection and delivery it was bound to create. Ticket delivery should really be completed 3 weeks before the event and that includes car passes, accommodation info etc. 

Doesn't make any real difference.

There's only one additional bank holiday, and See have worked throughout it processing the despatch.

Tickets are all sent with next day guarantee so all those processed over the bank holiday would be delivered today.

33 minutes ago, ledwards said:

If my tickets were sent to carrier on 1 June (on See Tickets) but still no update/email - should I be concerned? Anyone else in this situation 🙃

I think in your shoes I would be chasing them up if they don't arrive today. 

Try not to worry though, there's a HIGH probability that they weren't handed to Royal Mail until yesterday, bank holidays and all... 

EDIT: In fact, on second thoughts, there may have been a large backlog from the bank holiday, so maybe they won't even get handed over to RM until today. 

Edited by Alvoram
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ledwards said:

If my tickets were sent to carrier on 1 June (on See Tickets) but still no update/email - should I be concerned? Anyone else in this situation 🙃

Should have updated with the tracking code yesterday, and delivery attempted today.

Some people haven't got the tracking code email though.

21 minutes ago, briddj said:

Doesn't make any real difference.

There's only one additional bank holiday, and See have worked throughout it processing the despatch.

Tickets are all sent with next day guarantee so all those processed over the bank holiday would be delivered today.

Not according to seetickets, the email states,

"Your Tickets were despatched on Saturday 28th May 2022

They were sent by Secure Delivery postage and should be with you in the next 2-3 days UK (International will be longer dependent on location)."

Mine arrived on Tuesday 31st, I suspect See have done a deal with Royal Mail to allow them some leeway, it's not imperative they arrive the next day, just that they get there.
The email also states,
"If you are not in to sign for them a card will be left advising you to call the postal service to arrange for re-delivery."
This is clearly not happening in some cases.

1 minute ago, gizmoman said:

They were sent by Secure Delivery postage and should be with you in the next 2-3 days UK (International will be longer dependent on location)."

Mine arrived on Tuesday 31st, I suspect See have done a deal with Royal Mail to allow them some leeway, it's not imperative they arrive the next day, just that they get there.
The email also states,
"If you are not in to sign for them a card will be left advising you to call the postal service to arrange for re-delivery."

They are sent using Special Delivery  guaranteed by 1pm (next day)

https://www.royalmail.com/sending/uk/special-delivery-guaranteed-1pm

The 2 or 3 day window is because See do not hand them over to royal mail straight away, and that delivery guarantee only starts from the point that they do. 

1 minute ago, gizmoman said:

The email also states,

The 2-3 days is to factor in the letter getting from See into the postal system. Once it gets to the postal system, it is guaranteed next day.

Saturday isn't a business post day, so your tickets will have entered the postal system on Monday the 30th, and thus guaranteed for Tuesday 31st - just as you received them.

Special Delivery is next day 1pm.

image.png.f5881783ef6ad8395a11c046f8391aa6.png

2 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Surely tickets weren't being sent out then? Did he have any notification on See's tracker? As far as I know they weren't going to 'secure courier' until 19th May. Royal Mail tracking has been complete fiction on an item I posted last month, may be the case here. Fingers crossed See do the decent thing. 

38 minutes ago, briddj said:

The 2-3 days is to factor in the letter getting from See into the postal system. Once it gets to the postal system, it is guaranteed next day.

Saturday isn't a business post day, so your tickets will have entered the postal system on Monday the 30th, and thus guaranteed for Tuesday 31st - just as you received them.

Special Delivery is next day 1pm.

image.png.f5881783ef6ad8395a11c046f8391aa6.png

You are right that's how Special delivery works, It's next Working day 1pm. My point is that See state the tickets have been sent by "Secure Delivery postage" not Special Delivery, there is no such service as "Secure Delivery" so maybe they are not too concerned about the time frame and won't make claims on the Royal Mail if the tickets take longer to get through the system, with the 2 bank holidays there may well be a backlog of post so that may be why some haven't yet got tickets processed over the weekend.