Ticket Delivery

Ayrshire Chris

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

See tickets really should have factored in the additional bank holidays and the backlog in collection and delivery it was bound to create. Ticket delivery should really be completed 3 weeks before the event and that includes car passes, accommodation info etc. 

Yeah, a minimum of 7 days before the festival seems unnecessarily tight. If they guarantee the ticket arrival by Wednesday 15th, and its taking a minimum of 3 days to get door to door, they've got 7 days left to dispatch everything... 5 excluding the weekend.

If this is to help prevent forgeries, surely a qr code to be scanned on entry would be better?

38 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

Same. Received despatch email late on 3 June too. Link not working yet either. RM tracker says check back tomorrow.

We’ve had no post today either. 100% it’s the Jubilee backlog. Am expecting tomorrow or even Wednesday.

My link never worked, it did if you copied the tracking code and went onto the post office website tho

15 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

You do have to wonder how long it will be before the tickets become digital....

Future festival goers will have wrist implants with all their details on them. Waiting for a physical piece of paper or even email will be a thing of the past. Scary thought but probably not something we’ll have to worry about.

1 hour ago, Barneym said:

My link never worked, it did if you copied the tracking code and went onto the post office website tho

Yeah, that’s what I did. RM Tracker says check back tomorrow.

EDIT: tracker’s updated and says should get delivered by 1pm tomorrow.

Edited by phillyfaddle

56 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Future festival goers will have wrist implants with all their details on them. Waiting for a physical piece of paper or even email will be a thing of the past. Scary thought but probably not something we’ll have to worry about.

Will mean no need to queue for headphones in the silent disco either. They’ll just send the music choice straight to your brain.

3 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Soon I'd say. Mobile is arguably now safer than paper tickets for touts, smart phone usage is incredibly high and costs associated with mobile will keep going down, whereas postage keeps going up. 

If they need to raise more income turning some of that £10 postage fee into ticket income could help keep any other price increase reasonable. 

5 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I quite enjoy the drama of waiting for my wristband box from Coachella every year since its got goodies in it. And they have to dispatch 250,000 of those.

It's just a bummer that them having even more time to do all of this just didnt pan out how it shouldve. Before the resale even happened they knew who had paid their deposit. You start organizing everything from that moment and start shipping things as soon as you can. 

EE9EBC34-15FD-487E-A662-32FBF4FA1543.jpeg

Edited by Suprefan

Yeah I’ve been getting anxious at <50% with two weeks to go, and if that Download tracker’s anything to go by they’re understaffed to hell and back. 

Anyone know why Glasto hasn’t gone e-ticket yet? I’m sure they have their reasons, but it seems like the system could just show your registration photo on the thing when they scan your barcode at the gate and they’re sorted. 

6 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Just back from Primavera had it was a quick scan of your qr code and you picture came up on a little screen. Thought it was going to be a pain entering everyday but was through the gates in less than 5 minutes everyday. Do think Glastonbury will go the same way soon

1 hour ago, TheDayman said:

Ive just realised Download Festival is only at 53% and that kicks off on Friday... 😳

1 hour ago, manc said:

On the ticket dispatch tracker it currently say 0% of car park passes dispatched- is that right?

With 15 days to go?

Somebody earlier in the thread said that the despatch tracker is not accurate... Seems to be some truth to that. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Somebody earlier in the thread said that the despatch tracker is not accurate... Seems to be some truth to that. 

Yes,looking at download for instance, just over half sent and it opens on Friday. I suspect the tracker Is utter bollocks  but it  certainly doesn’t inspire confidence in the see tickets operation. You have to think the festival will be voicing their concerns. 

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes,looking at download for instance, just over half sent and it opens on Friday. I suspect the tracker Is utter bollocks  but it  certainly doesn’t inspire confidence in the see tickets operation. You have to think the festival will be voicing their concerns. 

Is download not primarily ticketmaster anyway? And thus digital tickets? That's more a question than a statement of fact, as I have no idea. 

But I did see a tweet from them saying that Ticketmaster will be sending out the digital RIP tickets tomorrow. 

Edited by Alvoram