Ticket Delivery

Ayrshire Chris

3 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Any help & advice on this one please, if someone has experience:

A friend is getting increasingly anxious. Royal Mail confirm ticket delivered 28th, and signed for. However, he is in France, there is no ticket at his home (it's been checked) and the signature is a name that does not exist in his very small village. See tickets have basically said it's not our problem as we have a signature. I'll be trying to contact Royal Mail but they're not open until Saturday.

So, if we don't get a satisfactory response, what next? In the worse scenario, has anyone ever had a duplicate ticket issued?

An old reddit thread here....

• Upvote 1

When I lived in student halls my ticket was signed for by the security guard at the main door and didn’t bring it up to my flat. I had to beg See tickets to re-issue me another ticket, they told me it wasn’t their responsibility because it had been signed for. After speaking to about 5 different people and explaining how I couldn’t possibly have signed for my ticket because all post went to a security office they gave in and left me a ticket at the box office on site. It was very scary going to the festival without a ticket though! 

2 minutes ago, amytamsin said:

When I lived in student halls my ticket was signed for by the security guard at the main door and didn’t bring it up to my flat. I had to beg See tickets to re-issue me another ticket, they told me it wasn’t their responsibility because it had been signed for. After speaking to about 5 different people and explaining how I couldn’t possibly have signed for my ticket because all post went to a security office they gave in and left me a ticket at the box office on site. It was very scary going to the festival without a ticket though! 

Thank you

42 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Any help & advice on this one please, if someone has experience:

A friend is getting increasingly anxious. Royal Mail confirm ticket delivered 28th, and signed for. However, he is in France, there is no ticket at his home (it's been checked) and the signature is a name that does not exist in his very small village. See tickets have basically said it's not our problem as we have a signature. I'll be trying to contact Royal Mail but they're not open until Saturday.

So, if we don't get a satisfactory response, what next? In the worse scenario, has anyone ever had a duplicate ticket issued?

Since covid Royal Mail seem to have allowed the postman to confirm delivery as they post it so there is no way to confirm if it was actually posted in the correct place, postmen do make mistakes and I suspect there will be a few problems with this, having said that, the envelope this year is not obviously Glasto tickets as in the past, it could easily be mistaken for a regular letter, so when you say "there is no ticket" has all the post been opened? if so and no one else has possibly taken it for safe keeping I would be down to the post office and asking to speak to the postman.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Hope see tickets are doing overtime shifts and continuing to process tickets over this public holiday and weekend. Ok Royal Mail not collecting but it would make sense to get as many ready as possible for Mondays pick up.  They must know how nervous folk get as the days pass. 

I know somebody at ST who wasn't in today, he was in my pub. 😉 Nor, I believe, is he in for the rest of this weekend. But I don't know anybody that does this specific job there, so maybe some of them are in. 🤷‍♂️ It won't matter either way though, they have despatched over 40%, they have the capacity to despatch the rest in a day or two if they need to, they do it all the time for short notice sports finals, such as those at Wembley. But they don't need to, as they're ahead of the schedule and there's plenty of time left...

TICKET DISPATCH

It is expected that you will receive your tickets at least 7 days before the Festival starts.

I would 'guess' that by this time next Friday you'll all have your despatch confirmations. 🙂 I know it's nerve racking, but try not to worry. This isn't even 'cutting it fine' by event ticketing standards. 🙂 

1 minute ago, Alvoram said:

they have the capacity to despatch the rest in a day or two if they need to, they do it all the time for short notice sports finals

I suppose for normal tickets that don’t need a signature it’s no issue sending them out all on mass. 

If they sent out them all in one go and expected every letter to be signed for the poor posties won’t get anything done. 

Drip feeding them into the system is the best way logistically for the people having to handle the mail. Just a frustration for us waiting for our slot in the delivery chain. 

9 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I suppose for normal tickets that don’t need a signature it’s no issue sending them out all on mass. 

If they sent out them all in one go and expected every letter to be signed for the poor posties won’t get anything done. 

Drip feeding them into the system is the best way logistically for the people having to handle the mail. Just a frustration for us waiting for our slot in the delivery chain. 

I would have hated to be a postie in say 'Nottingham' when the 40'000 play off final tickets were all despatched at the same time, at short notice, mostly to the same city! At least with tickets like this they're spread out over the country / world.

Can you imagine being a postie in Nottingham on delivery day of tickets for the biggest final for them in 30 odd years? With each household waiting impatiently by the door for the tickets to drop, and snatching them out your hands. 🙈😂

Edited by Alvoram

7 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

I would have hated to be a postie in say 'Nottingham' when the 40'000 play off final tickets were all despatched at the same time, at short notice, mostly to the same city! At least with tickets like this they're spread out over the country / world.

Can you imagine being a postie in Nottingham on delivery day of tickets for the biggest final for them in 30 odd years? With each household waiting impatiently by the door for the tickets to drop, and snatching them out your hands. 🙈😂

It’s all e-tickets for Wembley playoff finals now which Ticketmaster charge £1.75 to print yourself

13 minutes ago, Barneym said:

It’s all e-tickets for Wembley playoff finals now which Ticketmaster charge £1.75 to print yourself

Depends who is doing them that year... You're right though Forest was Ticketmaster this year 🙈 So bad example. Posties saved!!!

Ours (Derby) weren't a couple of years ago though, ours were proper tickets by recorded delivery (think recorded was an optional extra though) so different example, same principle. And Derby is a smaller city! Poor posties. 

See tickets must be on a decent earner here, handling festival tickets, pre erected camping, car park stickers, camper vans etc. you would think they could at least ensure everything is posted out and delivered by at least three weeks before the event. That would allow for them to sort out any problems, assist those who may be travelling early, especially the international contingent. After all it’s not as if they arnt aware of the festival and when it takes place.  it’s not a hastily arranged gig that they have to rush to issue tickets. 

5 minutes ago, gazzared said:

Iam still waiting for my campervan ticket that I bought on May 13th to be despatched, is this normal ? Thanks

According to the see tickets tracker none have been sent yet and only 41% of festival tickets posted. It’s been mid June in the past when we’ve received tickets.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

According to the see tickets tracker none have been sent yet and only 41% of festival tickets posted. It’s been mid June in the past when we’ve received tickets.

great thanks alot 👍

10 hours ago, TheDayman said:

Loving the positivity, well needed!

Not to be a debbie downer though, but aren't most events e-tickets these days?

Depends on the venue, promoter or event. Plenty of fests still do wristbands and such. Lots of single day fests do e tickets now which helps. As mentioned a lot of sporting events switched to e tickets. Theres just a way to go about it when its an event this massive and theres lots of hang ups. I would say its almost a tactical error not to have started shipping sooner. You have the platinum Jubilee and theres almost a week of no mail because of it? Its gonna be pretty backed up come next monday and things can easily get lost. 

Edited by Suprefan

13 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Depends on the venue, promoter or event. Plenty of fests still do wristbands and such. Lots of single day fests do e tickets now which helps. As mentioned a lot of sporting events switched to e tickets. Theres just a way to go about it when its an event this massive and theres lots of hang ups. I would say its almost a tactical error not to have started shipping sooner. You have the platinum Jubilee and theres almost a week of no mail because of it? Its gonna be pretty backed up come next monday and things can easily get lost. 

Only one fewer postal day. Monday would usually have been a Bank Holiday.

Have a nervous few days. It was due Tuesday but 6am Tuesdays I’m in hospital.

so my mum thought it would be nice to give it to my missus to bring to hospital for me…….she left it at her sisters house 🤦🏼‍♂️
Finally got it in hand so everyone can relax. 

I forgot how god awful my new pic was. Snazzy ticket though. 

43 minutes ago, gazzared said:

Iam still waiting for my campervan ticket that I bought on May 13th to be despatched, is this normal ? Thanks

Me too. Was told be See that it would come separately as it was in a different order to my entry tickets. Still plenty of time. 

2 hours ago, hurdy said:

Me too. Was told be See that it would come separately as it was in a different order to my entry tickets. Still plenty of time. 

sound thanks, yeah my friend is lead booker and the 4 glastonbury tickets arrived with his campervan ticket that we got in the main re-sale, was just making sure it wasnt a mistake and that my cv ticket should have arrived with the other tickets. thanks

Still waiting 😬 No change to my order tracker “Tickets are in stock…etc”. Can’t get into the excitement until my ticket is safe in my hand. Am sure despatch of the remaining 57% will ramp up over next few days 🤞 as G website states that tickets will be delivered AT LEAST 7 days before the event. Which they always have been in the past 13 festivals. 

Still think you're all wrong to be focussing on the percentage as if it means anything.

I don't know exactly how they come up with it, but I'm pretty confident it's not accurate or as least hasn't been in the past (both for Glastonbury and for other events).