Ticket Delivery

Ayrshire Chris

5 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Just to clear up some of the other guesses about how they post them. I don't think it can be by region as I've had mine since last week but have friends who have tickets still not yet posted who live close to me. Really do think it must be random.

They do a background check on ticket holders and send to the people with the best karma first. I got mine on the first day of deliveries. Tell your friends to stop kicking cats Dibble. 

6 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Anyone who changed their address in the last couple of years got theirs? I’m wondering if changing mine has put me further back in their database. 

Looking for any logical method to the distribution 

I changed my address 2 weeks before balance week, had my tickets since Tuesday last week.

13 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Anyone who changed their address in the last couple of years got theirs? I’m wondering if changing mine has put me further back in their database. 

Looking for any logical method to the distribution 

i'm saying no as i changed my address at the beginning of May as we're getting an extension built and aren't living in the house at the minute and mine have been dispatched. so  you should be ok. i think the only pattern to this is there is no pattern 

8 hours ago, Smeble said:

I changed my address 2 weeks before balance week, had my tickets since Tuesday last week.

I changed mine the day after ( was old works address) , not even an email yet 😧

10 hours ago, blutarsky said:

They do a background check on ticket holders and send to the people with the best karma first. I got mine on the first day of deliveries. Tell your friends to stop kicking cats Dibble. 

As someone that received theirs when they were on about 10%, I sign up to this way of thinking.

Maybe not my Kurt Zouma friends mind you.

If tickets aren't recieved, what's the process?

Since Brexit, buying UK to Ireland is a right pain. VAT calculations, customs duties, etc., etc. I've a slight fear now that the tickets - which need to be signed for - will also have a declared value against them, as is standard process with the post/courier services.

If See Tickets declare the value of a ticket - or multiple tickets - against the envelope, I'm a little worried they may get caught up in Irish customs. With 3 weeks to go and counting, it's starting to feel like it might get tight.

Edited by TheDayman

19 hours ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Account said dispatched Wednesday, email with tracking number came on Saturday, not tracking yet…

Saw my postman wander up to the door then wander off again, so thought "can't be here today", then spotted the special delivery letter on the doormat.  Mine have turned up.  Hopefully that means yours won't be far behind!!

Double posting this here in case any of the Irish Contigent miss it in the International Contingent thread... If anyone based in Ireland (ROI) has had their tickets dispatched, I think the rest of us would be keen to hear the updates 🥴

----

Right so, who wants the bad news?

Curiosity got the better of me so I rang customs... No Irish duty is due on the tickets so they should be sent through to peoples addresses. HOWEVER, An Post moved to an automated system for checking customs duties which they told me may flag the envelope depending on how See Tickets have declared them. An incorrect declaration might mean tickets get automatically sent back to See Tickets or they could end up stuck in customs for a few weeks.

Tbf to the chap on the phone, he was very helpful but I think we all need to collectively pray to the ticket Gods now.

Fingers & toes crossed people...

Edited by TheDayman

21 minutes ago, the_arsonist said:

So I've had an email from See saying they were despatched today, does this mean they're coming tomorrow...?

Was planning to go into the office but I may have to sit by the window waiting for the postman if it's tomorrow!

Check the Royal Mail tracking number on the see tickets email. That allows you to monitor the progress of the ticket from Nottingham to your door. 

1 minute ago, panasonic2011 said:

So more than likely not tomorrow then?

If it is despatched today on a guaranteed next day 1pm then it could be tomorrow. mine was despatched on Saturday but is only due for delivery today. So it could be Wed or Thur with the complication being the Bank holiday. 

1 hour ago, Greenelk said:

Saw my postman wander up to the door then wander off again, so thought "can't be here today", then spotted the special delivery letter on the doormat.  Mine have turned up.  Hopefully that means yours won't be far behind!!

I had something else due by special delivery this morning so sat by the front door and lo and behold, it was in his hand too! Phew…

• Upvote 1