Change display name?

TheDayman

Is there a way to change my display name? (meant to do this sooner but a recent thread has reminded me)

Coincidentally I have that same display name as one of the sites at the festival. I've used Lost Horizon as a user name for plenty of things since I was a teenager (named after a favourite album of mine by Lemon Jelly - Lost Horizons) but have zip to do with the site at the festival... Conscious that might cause confusion or may even be taking up a name for the guys if they ever wanted to join here.

I don't think there is.  It might be something that admin can do, but I think it's one of those things that's locked down to limit people buggering about.

Nice sentiment, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. There's always going to be some crossover in places like this.

Nice profile pic as well - I remember having that graphic of the band as a sticker on the side of my speakers in my room. Think it was from Kerrang.

11 minutes ago, LostHorizon said:

Is there a way to change my display name? (meant to do this sooner but a recent thread has reminded me)

Coincidentally I have that same display name as one of the sites at the festival. I've used Lost Horizon as a user name for plenty of things since I was a teenager (named after a favourite album of mine by Lemon Jelly - Lost Horizons) but have zip to do with the site at the festival... Conscious that might cause confusion or may even be taking up a name for the guys if they ever wanted to join here.

ive seen others do it the past .... dont know if its still possible but you can but ask .... 

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

I don't think there is.  It might be something that admin can do, but I think it's one of those things that's locked down to limit people buggering about.

Nice sentiment, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. There's always going to be some crossover in places like this.

Nice profile pic as well - I remember having that graphic of the band as a sticker on the side of my speakers in my room. Think it was from Kerrang.

Cheers @Quark.

Yeah, also a little tribute to himself. First album I ever bought myself - think I was 12 or 13 at the time. Definitely the reason I am who I am today!

11 minutes ago, Quark said:

Happy with the prefix though 😄

fnar! 

The actual backstory to the name is about 7 years ago, I was on a night out in London and we were in this club that looked like an igloo and had a topless man on stage with a santa hat, angle grinding a plate on his crotch, sending sparks in to the confused crowd.  I was literally speechless and tried to explain it to my friends later as some sort of "Kinky inuit" and the name stuck in my mind.

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

i can change it for you if you tell me what you'd like it changed to?

Can I change my name to BambooShanks please, Neil? 

2 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

fnar! 

The actual backstory to the name is about 7 years ago, I was on a night out in London and we were in this club that looked like an igloo and had a topless man on stage with a santa hat, angle grinding a plate on his crotch, sending sparks in to the confused crowd.  I was literally speechless and tried to explain it to my friends later as some sort of "Kinky inuit" and the name stuck in my mind.

Can I change my name to BambooShanks please, Neil? 

changed for you. 🙂 

51 minutes ago, LostHorizon said:

Those both sound like great reasons to have a name. I remember seeing lemonjelly in a tent at Glastonbury, which according to searches was 19 years ago. Some people had plastic ducks on sticks 🦆

17 minutes ago, Neil said:

i can change it for you if you tell me what you'd like it changed to?

Legend - thanks @Neil !

Took a long time to find an Always Sunny name that hadn't been taken - can I change to @TheDayman please? Mucho Gracias!

(Sorry for opening the floodgates!)

36 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Neil, sorry to be a pest but could you change my name to simply 'padje'? It's my first name and I mis-spelt it when I signed up somehow. Thank you

Rejected.  The knowledge of that keyslip always makes me laugh even though it's not in your signature anymore.

25 minutes ago, LostHorizon said:

Legend - thanks @Neil !

Took a long time to find an Always Sunny name that hadn't been taken - can I change to @TheDayman please? Mucho Gracias!

(Sorry for opening the floodgates!)

done.

I thought it crazy and foolish to change mine … it’s part of my identity now … although it’s quite weird when I hear someone using it to call me either in my workplace or randomly around the festival . I have in the past wondered who took up the name crazyfool though