Taking your own food - ideas?!

Stu H

These are pretty good. Make cracking toasties, but can also be used just to make toast (not quite right, but better than other things I've tried). Pretty good for eggs and other stuff you might do in a frying pan too. That's about my limit but there are Facebook groups dedicated to the elaborate meals people have knocked up in them. 

34 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

IF we get a ticket and IF we can get a campervan pass to go with it, we will have the luxury of a cooker and fridge, so really looking forward to breakfasts on the farm. 

I've seen these ones lots of places recently: 

7 Days Croissant with Cocoa Filling M?? 80g

I also love a pitch brioche.

Brioche Pasquier Pitch Chocolate : Amazon.co.uk: Grocery

Yes to both!

6 minutes ago, BluePaul said:

Pretty sure this is the one.

image.thumb.png.c3a4cf6817464a38ef778e34414fcbb9.png

6 minutes ago, incident said:

The Bakery that's discussed above, between the Tony Benn Tower and the Kidz Field entrance, has most recently been run by Denelas Bakery in Shepton Mallet - and they've confirmed they're back this year: https://www.facebook.com/denelasbakery/

That's the one. Thank you

Googling I also found one called Lynda's Loaf which I haven't been to but looks good and at previous festivals was in farmers market of Greenpeace field.

1 hour ago, March Hare said:

Even better, but where???

1 hour ago, dondo said:

There is a bakery place near Acoustic stage and Kids Field on the path up from the bottom of muddy lane. Don't know if they do croissants though.

Yes that’s the one… it’s a full bakery with everything you’d expect in one. Bloody lovely! 

52 minutes ago, dondo said:

That's the one. Thank you

Googling I also found one called Lynda's Loaf which I haven't been to but looks good and at previous festivals was in farmers market of Greenpeace field.

Lynda's loaf did some cracking flavoured breads.

I love the food at Glastonbury but do always think it's wise to have some snacks to make sure nobody gets hangry. I mainly go for a lot of the stuff mentioned like individually wrapped chocolate filled brioche that you can buy in Aldi, flapjacks, mixed nuts, some boiled sweets, popcorn, graze snacks.

36 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Brioche buns. Long lasting so don’t go off, pre sliced. You can have a banana roll, spreads or tomato in fact any filling without fuss. We always take them when camping.  Even at Glasto we’ve bought a bag of chips on our way back to the tent and had chip butties using them

This sounds fantastic. Imagine hippy chippy chips in a brioche bun…

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Always worries me that some of these canned ready meals cost less than a tin of dog food😊

When I was about 14, one of my cousins asked me if he should eat the dog food that he had just spooned out of a tin. He kept on saying 'Shall I', Shall I' etc And then. And then. and then he ate it. I will never forget that moment. Actually, that's a lie - I am bound to forget that moment, despite it occurring in my mind from time to time in the past, and up until now.

I used to have tins of Irish stew at Glastonbury. I think only one can got opened at any one Glastonbury in time. And the same amount of the tins was eaten too. Just enough to realise that you aren't eating dog food, you're eating dog shit.

• Upvote 1

As a CV East regular i can vouch for the bakers by the kids field... Being an early riser i have often walked down the hill to get fresh bread and rolls (for bacon butties).. they do lots of cakes but are not as good as Lynda's Loaf over in the Greenpeace Field.. Very nice with a cup of tea when i have had a dry Sunday..

Agree on the brioche rolls (or the bags of mini pain au chocolat) and a plastic jar of peanut butter is good for an energy boost..

I always find that a small can of the fruity cider (breakfast beer) works for the walk from caravan to Gate C...