Taking your own food - ideas?!

Stu H

2 minutes ago, watsonjm said:

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15910238/gogas-dynasty-toaster-15910238

I use one of these, as long as you keep a close eye works well. 

Tried that - no good for me, always ended up burnt in places and not toasted at all in others. 🙁 

Very likely down to my technique rather than any fault of the product…

Also possibly ‘cos I use a lightweight gas stove that generates a narrow but hot flame ring. If you’re using a wider, gentler type of burner like the one pictured in one of the photos on that link, I can see it working much better. 

On 3/15/2022 at 11:04 AM, incident said:

Yeah - especially with the Co-Op on site now, which I think makes the need to bring things in and then worry about how long they'll last less important given that it sells most core ingredients at approximately regular (Co-Op) prices.

So my tip to add would be: make sure you camp within easy access of the Co-Op.

I didn't realise there was a Co-op now - did that come in in 2019?

Latitude had one last year and it was very handy.

2 hours ago, Stu H said:

I didn't realise there was a Co-op now - did that come in in 2019?

Latitude had one last year and it was very handy.

Yes I work at Co-op and we're confirmed for the following festivals this year. The dates below cover when colleagues will be on site including training days.

• Download Festival – 6 – 13 June
  • Isle of Wight Festival – 14 – 20 June
  • Glastonbury Festival – 21 – 27 June
  • Latitude Festival – 19 - 25 July
  • Belladrum Festival* – 27 – 31 July
  • Kendal Calling Festival* – 27 – 1 August
  • Reading Festival - 22 - 29 August
  • Leeds Festival - 22 - 29 August
  • Creamfields Festival - 23 - 29 August

We don’t sell alcohol at our stores at Glastonbury, Belladrum and Creamfields.

https://colleagues.coop.co.uk/co-op-festivals 

Edited by Kim Wrong-Un
Formatting
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

What are the queues like for the co-op? Never bothered as assume it would take ages

we bring camping stove, toaster rack as shared by a previous poster, and (middle class alert) bring some sourdough bread from off site pre sliced. We have that toasted with eggs (scrambled or fried) and chorizo, which keeps perfectly in a cool box as do eggs at room temp. Maybe some tomatoes as well.

might get a guacamole dip / spread from morrisons in lieu of avocado

it does take effort but i can cook 4 breakfasts in about 15/20 mins and save a fortune vs paying for catering bags of PG tips and cheapest quality back bacon or sausage on shit bread for £7 a head every day. 

needless to say we come by car and camp in bushy ground where the nearest decent food place is, not close.

22 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

What are the queues like for the co-op? Never bothered as assume it would take ages

we bring camping stove, toaster rack as shared by a previous poster, and (middle class alert) bring some sourdough bread from off site pre sliced. We have that toasted with eggs (scrambled or fried) and chorizo, which keeps perfectly in a cool box as do eggs at room temp. Maybe some tomatoes as well.

it does take effort but i can cook 4 breakfasts in about 15/20 mins and save a fortune vs paying for catering bags of PG tips and cheapest quality back bacon or sausage on shit bread for £7 a head every day. 

needless to say we come by car and camp in bushy ground where the nearest decent food place is, not close.

Tsk call yourself middle class but still buy avocados? Haven't you seen the pictures of the geezers with ak47s? (only kidding, I still buy them because I'm asked to and they don't yet supply alternatives where I live) 

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

If i had a ticket, id be heading to Bushy Ground for my breakfast.....

5 hours ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

Yes I work at Co-op and we're confirmed for the following festivals this year. The dates below cover when colleagues will be on site including training days.

Are you working at them all Kim? That's your summer well sorted if you are.

7 hours ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

I'm sure there were boxes of strongbow etc for sale in 2019. Is no-alcohol a new thing this year?

4 hours ago, Dontthrowstones said:

I'm sure there were boxes of strongbow etc for sale in 2019. Is no-alcohol a new thing this year?

Pretty sure they had no alcohol in 2019 either.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/glastonbury-2019-co-op-clears-2920032

5 hours ago, Dontthrowstones said:

13 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Pretty sure they had no alcohol in 2019 either.

Those festivals that allow co-op alcohol sales have the camping separate to the main arena where you’re not supposed to take your own alcohol in. 

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Quite right too, it’s more than enough to be able to bring your own alcohol anywhere you want, it wouldn’t be fair on the bars that you could stock up at a supermarket too. Every £1 spent on alcohol at co-op would be a £1 out of the bars pocket, they can make enough selling everything else.

Well said, I owe you an upvote 😊

9 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Are you working at them all Kim? That's your summer well sorted if you are.

No I'll be going to the farm and Latitude as a punter but not working at any. I don't think my manager would be that keen and he would rather have me doing my day job. So I'm saving up the request for a time I really need it i.e. if I miss out on tickets for Glasto.

4 hours ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

No I'll be going to the farm and Latitude as a punter but not working at any. I don't think my manager would be that keen and he would rather have me doing my day job. So I'm saving up the request for a time I really need it i.e. if I miss out on tickets for Glasto.

Oh that's a shame. I had thought that you'd possibly landed the best gig in town. Well, have fun on the farm, and at Latitude too. 

40 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Might be a silly question, but what did they sell? 

Did they sell sandwiches etc?  As TBH I would probably prefer something like that instead of £8.50 halloumi wraps that I usually end up going for!

Yes, they sold packed sandwich’s and the usual co op snacks, sausage rolls, pasta salads etc. Soft drinks and most groceries you could think of including bread and cakes but not the baked on site stuff. 

Edited by stuie
  • Upvote 1