Radio 1 Big Weekend 2022 (Coventry)

stanh

33 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

Obviously it’s in a different place, but based on previous years, how long do people reckon it will take to get through the gates, we’re getting to the park at 12, and music starts at 12:30

I've been a couple times, on average would say about 45 mins, mind you, we have gotten there earlier - we are planning on arriving around an hour before the music starts on both days

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Done a mock setlist for Harry's set next weekend, I quite like it myself, assume we will get a decent handful of tracks from Harry's House. Comes up to 48 minutes on Spotfiy, so would definitely work - especially if he's given around an hour set.

1292330302_harryr1bwmocksetlist.thumb.png.19cf61caba44fc90a154360f1edc6042.png

Edited by stanh

13 minutes ago, stanh said:

Done a mock setlist for Harry's set next weekend, I quite like it myself, assume we will get a decent handful of tracks from Harry's House. Comes up to 48 minutes on Spotfiy, so would definitely work - especially if he's given around an hour set.

1292330302_harryr1bwmocksetlist.thumb.png.19cf61caba44fc90a154360f1edc6042.png

The Radio 1 schedule indicates he’s gonna play for about 55 minutes https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p00fzl86/2022/05/29

This has just been added to R1 twitter, and looks like a special guest could be Bad Boy Chiller Crew - Scott Mills just said they were playing next weekend before he played their song in the charts.

image.thumb.jpeg.dca7a1eb8792cf9f5102dc0f814856e2.jpeg

Surely that friday schedule that was posted and put on the clashfinder is incorrect? Very strange running order, tiny slots and considering gates open at 3PM i'd be very surprised if there's no acts on for 3 hours and they cram 8 acts into 5 hours

10 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Surely that friday schedule that was posted and put on the clashfinder is incorrect? Very strange running order, tiny slots and considering gates open at 3PM i'd be very surprised if there's no acts on for 3 hours and they cram 8 acts into 5 hours

The running order was from a bbc article that appeared to give the running orders for the other days. I agree its probably wrong but it's the only info we possibly have.  

The times for Friday are just based on previous years

23 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah there hasn't really been much to base times of this year really other than some leaks and broadcast info - trying my best though to keep it as up-to-date as I can - just still take most of it as a pinch of salt at the moment

seen on one of the facebook groups an email reply saying Harry is on at 9pm, so looking at a 1hr25 min set

Wedding tomorrow

Killers sat

big weekend sun

not sure my body is ready! 

Edited by pryce

Would really love to know when the music starts tomorrow. Wouldn’t mind getting in early and seeing a lot of acts but if gates open at 3 and i get there not long after and there’s nothing till 6 i’ll feel properly mugged off.

I really don’t think that’ll be the case, on sat and sunday there’s music half an hour after gates opening. i think the friday “schedule” found is just when they’ll play the sets that were recorded i dont think they’ll be live like the sat and sun

1 hour ago, pryce said:

seen on one of the facebook groups an email reply saying Harry is on at 9pm, so looking at a 1hr25 min set

Wedding tomorrow

Killers sat

big weekend sun

not sure my body is ready! 

A Coventry paper was saying harry and calvin on around 9:15

26 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Yeah they’ll defo become available at some point, it just might not be before punters arrive on site and start buying programmes etc 

We got a leak Friday last year.  We can pray

5 hours ago, TheWaters said:

on sat and sunday there’s music half an hour after gates opening.

On the Saturday music starts 2 hours after gates, Sunday 90 mins after gates. 

2 hours ago, falter said:

https://clashfinder.com/s/bigweekend22/

not sure how accurate this will be at this stage, but hopefully will improve tomorrow?

Nah, not very accurate at the moment, I am trying to keep it as up-to-date as I possibly can, but there just really isn't that much out there yet - hoping a programme leaks onto Twitter or Facebook tomorrow so I can give it a final update... Fingers crossed at least!