Radio 1 Big Weekend 2022 (Coventry)

stanh

On 4/22/2022 at 5:02 PM, Rose-Colored Boy said:

They might yet need a replacement for Tom Grennan too, although for his sake hopefully not obvs

Tom Greenan is doing Godiva anyway.

44 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Charli XCX has been moved to the Main Stage as well, presumably to replace whoever dropped out (Foos?)

Sad no Flo 😞 

Looks like these are the stage orders: https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2022/harry-styles-radio-1-big-weekend

the Wet Leg/Ezra clash is bloody annoying considering the amount of crap later on in the afternoon but whatever 

I would go to the Saturday quite happily but not Sunday. 

38 minutes ago, gregory said:

Coachella related exclusivity I guess, he came off stage practically minutes before they announced him for this

No he didn’t. Festival ended minutes before they announced this is what I meant. 

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Charli XCX has been moved to the Main Stage as well, presumably to replace whoever dropped out (Foos?)

Sad no Flo 😞 

Looks like these are the stage orders: https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2022/harry-styles-radio-1-big-weekend

the Wet Leg/Ezra clash is bloody annoying considering the amount of crap later on in the afternoon but whatever 

If this is the running order than that friday is strange with Disclosure halfway through the day.

I've updated the clashfinder as best I can although have left Friday as I'm not sure about it. Still an act short on the second stage compared to previous years so taking the bold move to guess headliners wont clash (Fingers crossed)

Clashfinder :: BBC Radio 1 Big Weekend 2022 Clashfinder

Edited by TheWaters

8 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

If this is the running order than that friday is strange with Disclosure halfway through the day.

I've updated the clashfinder as best I can although have left Friday as I'm not sure about it. Still an act short on the second stage compared to previous years so taking the bold move to guess headliners wont clash (Fingers crossed)

Clashfinder :: BBC Radio 1 Big Weekend 2022 Clashfinder

Sweet. Ezra > Wet Leg > lunch break > Rina > Joy Crookes > Koffee > Charli > Foals for me if it ends up like that. Hopefully Lorde and Foals don’t end up clashing but seeing Ella the next day anyway so wouldn’t be the end of the world. 

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Definitely the weakest overall lineup they’ve had since 2004. Not a single American act on either of the main stages all weekend..? but I guess that’s just a sign of the times (pun intended) 

The Sunday is shit!

"BBC One will also broadcast a highlights show as well as a special Harry Styles show - full details will be announced soon."

"This is going to be SO special. A full solo festival set "

Are we looking at a 90 min headline show for Harry here?

5 minutes ago, Aech said:

"BBC One will also broadcast a highlights show as well as a special Harry Styles show - full details will be announced soon."

"This is going to be SO special. A full solo festival set "

Are we looking at a 90 min headline show for Harry here?

No way Foals and Lorde clash if that’s the case, so hopefully

9 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

The Saturday is significantly worse IMO. Sigrid is the only person worth paying £20 for. But then I don’t like bland British rappers. 

I'd have Sigrid Yungbluds new single was decent...very MCR like I thought. Anne Marie and Calvin Harris I'd see considering what his day tickets for Cream cost. But they are sold out so.

I could easy see Yungblud on MSW before MCR on MSE at Reading.

MGK and Paramore is almost waiting to happen too.

For £20 odd a day there’s enough on there that’d keep me happy either day if that was the running order.

Easy Life>Sigrid>Fontaines D.C.>Pa Salieu>Sam Fender>Calvin Harris

Wet Leg>Alfie Templeman>Rina Sawayama>Charli xcx>Foals/Lorde half and half>Harry Styles

Gutted about no florence/dave/simz but ah well. Pa Salieu probably a better booking that Dave for me anyway especially being a local lad

21 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

The Saturday is significantly worse IMO. Sigrid is the only person worth paying £20 for. But then I don’t like bland British rappers. 

agree, again on Sat Sigrid is the only person i would pay for, the main stage is horrendous

Lorde, Foals, Wet Leg, Joy Crookes, Koffee, Rina, XCX and Ezra i would all pay for

plus i dont like either but Harry Styles is less bland than Ed Sheeran 

4 hours ago, pryce said:

agree, again on Sat Sigrid is the only person i would pay for, the main stage is horrendous

Lorde, Foals, Wet Leg, Joy Crookes, Koffee, Rina, XCX and Ezra i would all pay for

plus i dont like either but Harry Styles is less bland than Ed Sheeran 

That's why it's good we're all different. Lorde is the only one I would pay for, and that would be at a reduced close time like off of twickets or something.

I wouldn't pay for Sigrid. The only one I'd actually pay for is Anne Marie but at £20 I'm getting others I'd see. Plus Coventry is close.

13 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

Harry is doing an album launch gig in new york the week before. should give us a good indication for the setlist as its also for a similar price ($25)

pretty sure its just album in full - hes doing one at brixton too

Edited by gfa

1 minute ago, gfa said:

pretty sure its just album in full - hes doing one at brixton too

Yeah his one night onlys are always the album in full, wouldnt say this will give a setlist indication for R1BW

Plus we’ve no idea how long he’s playing at R1BW yet. If it’s the usual Big Weekend headline slot of 50-60 minutes that’d only allow for a setlist of about 10-11 songs. Presuming Watermelon Sugar, As It Was, Adore You, What Makes You Beautiful and Sign of the Times are all locks, then five or six newies we haven’t heard yet. 

Just now, TheWaters said:

Anyone know how the resale works tomorrow? Need to try get a mate a saturday ticket

I think the resale tickets are limited to the same pots they originally sold in. So theres a pot 1 saturday ticket up at the moment. Just keep checking the ticketmaster page.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not had much to do today, so made a poster for this years Big Weekend since I can't see an official one posted. Can't believe there is just 2 weeks to go! Hopefully we will get some set times soon, even though it'll probably happen, really keeping my fingers crossed for Sam Fender not to clash with Calvin Harris. Also, for people looking for tickets, quite a few resale tickets for Saturday and Sunday have been popping up on Ticketmaster today!2079613563_bbcradio1sbigweekend-2022coventry-poster.thumb.png.62e58c25259226171d9194014679c660.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm going to see The Killers at the CBS Arena on the Saturday, so same night as Calvin Harris & Ed Sheeran, which I believe has sold most of its tickets... so I get the feeling that on both way in and way out that I'm in for fun with traffic, even if the R1BW venue in Coventry is on the other side of town.

Edited by charlierc