Radio 1 Big Weekend 2022 (Coventry)

stanh

3 day event this year, normal ‘full’ days on the Saturday and Sunday and a dance night on the Friday. Running on 27-29 May, in Coventry!

Saturday and Sunday has 4 stages with a Main Stage, Future Sounds Stage, Dance Stage and a BBC Introducing Stage. Tickets go on sale this Friday!

Saturday Main Stage: Ed Sheeran / Calvin Harris / Aitch / Joel Corry / Anne-Marie / AJ Tracey / Yungblud / Central Cee 

BBC Introducing Stage 

Saturday: Artemas / Celina Sharma / Deyah / Jordan Mackampa / Tamera / Thomas Headon / USNA / Willow Kayne

Sunday: Alfie Indra / Crawlers / Danniella Dee / Hope Tala / Lizzie Esau / piri & tommy / Queen Millz / Sad Night Dynamite 

Calvin Harris headlining in 2022 is a bit weird.

We qualify for pot two ticket-wise and can only go on the Sunday so hoping for a bit better that day. Not expecting Adele or Beyoncé, obviously, but maybe Florence and Dave. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

Going to try for a ticket for all 3 days, be silly not to. I’m from coventry, i’ll be back there anyway as i’m heading to primavera a few days later. annoying it’s 2 tickets per person though mines a group of 3 with two technologically inept people.

13 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Going to try for a ticket for all 3 days, be silly not to. I’m from coventry, i’ll be back there anyway as i’m heading to primavera a few days later. annoying it’s 2 tickets per person though mines a group of 3 with two technologically inept people.

You have to chose 1 day, as far as I understand. 

Saturday and Sunday Tickets will cost £21.50 (+£4.50 booking fee per ticket). Refunds will only be considered if the event is cancelled or postponed. Tickets will be sold in pairs (or individually) and you can only purchase a maximum of two tickets for either Saturday or Sunday (but not for both).

1 minute ago, gregory said:

You have to chose 1 day, as far as I understand. 

Yeah just seen this. That’s fair i suppose, strange though i’m sure i went to multiple days in 2018. I think you can buy a friday ticket then a saturday or sunday so i may do that

22 minutes ago, stanh said:

More names announced for Saturday-

Future Sounds Stage: Sam Fender / Easy Life / Tom Grennan / Mimi Webb / KSI / Sigrid / Fontaines D.C.

Was hoping for slightly more alternative than this but would still watch Sam Fender, Tom Grennan, Sigrid and Fontaines D.C. Now to get tickets…

54 minutes ago, foolee said:

Was hoping for slightly more alternative than this but would still watch Sam Fender, Tom Grennan, Sigrid and Fontaines D.C. Now to get tickets…

Yeah, definitely wasn't expecting it to be as mainstream as this, but I'm definitely not complaining! Not sure if you have listened to them, or they are your vibe, but Easy Life are worth a shot, great live as well - really get the crowd going!

• Upvote 1

Fontaines, sigrid, sam fender good enough for £20 for me. Chuck in calvin harris, aj tracey and easy life and it’ll be good fun. Will wait to see what the sunday lineup is like as im really not arsed about sheeran, yungblud, etc.

I have a feeling the Calvin Harris is the headliner on the main stage on Saturday and ed Sheeran is the opening act.

Sunday I think it will be the killers opening since they are in coventry that day and artic monkeys headlining the main stage.

foals to headline furture sounds stage

Do Radio 1 still play The Killers? 

Although with the crowd Arctic Monkeys would pull in I guess that wouldn’t matter. 

All I want for the Sunday is decent acts but not any so massive that it’s impossible to get tickets. Arctics would be right up there with Taylor Swift as the worst case scenario in terms of realistic bookings who’d severely reduce the chances of success on Friday 🥲

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

36 minutes ago, stanh said:

My guess is one of these names: Harry Styles, Florence + The Machine, Dave, Billie Eilish, Stormzy, Foals, Dua Lipa or Doja Cat

Billie and Harry would be the only ones of those where it’d make sense to delay the announcement. Although I guess Live Nation could’ve requested they delay announcing Dave to shift more tickets for Wireless Birmingham. 

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

If the remaining two names are actually ‘huge’ rather than, idk Rex Orange County or something, that is definitely a bigger day than the Saturday. Don’t know why they’d delay announcing it if it was someone like Doja Cat or Dua Lipa. 

Doja cat and Dua are massive with their clientele though 

I think it could be The Killers and Dave for ticket sale reasons. 

Saturday a much better lineup for me so far as I’d watch Ed Sheeran, Yungblud, Sigrid, Sam Fender, Fontaine’s and Tom Grennan but I’m only really bothered about George Ezra on the Sunday so we’ll see what the future sounds lineup is saying. 

Does anyone think it’s strange that there aren’t many (if any) US acts on the lineup, just worrying about gigs and festivals lined up this year with American acts. 

On 3/14/2022 at 8:09 PM, stanh said:

Yeah, definitely wasn't expecting it to be as mainstream as this, but I'm definitely not complaining! Not sure if you have listened to them, or they are your vibe, but Easy Life are worth a shot, great live as well - really get the crowd going!

Heard of them but never really listened to them, I’ll have to check them out.