Competitions 2022

blutarsky

2 hours ago, andronnicus said:

Had the same, if you know about modifying web pages (right click, inspect) you can change the css

#RegisterForm #foundAddressForm, #addressPickerContainer, #check-address-error, #selectedAddress, #address-sumary {

display: none;

}

delete the "none" and you can enter address manually (did email but didn't hear anything)

"CONGRATULATIONS!

Your answer was correct! You have been entered in to this prize draw to win this amazing prize. Remember you can enter this prize draw once each day so enter again tomorrow to increase your chances of claiming this prize!"

Is there a straightforward step-by-step to do this (without wanting to ask to too much of your time!)?  It seems that getting past this entry barrier would mean a decent chance of success...

32 minutes ago, prestonmanc said:

Is there a straightforward step-by-step to do this (without wanting to ask to too much of your time!)?  It seems that getting past this entry barrier would mean a decent chance of success...

This should work with Desktop versions of both Firefox and Chrome, though the exact names may vary. Mobile will be a lot more problematic as Mobile browsers don't tend to have dev tools built in.

- On the Register form, Right Click in the Postcode box.
- From the Context Menu that comes up, choose Inspect.
- The Dev Tools window should appear, with a couple panes - one of the panes should have a load of stuff that looks like <div id=etc> in it.
- Find the bit that says <div id="foundAddressForm"> and click on it.
- Once you've done this, in the other pane, find both places where it says display: none; and untick them.

The manual address entry form should appear on the main part of the page (below the regular form)

image.thumb.png.301a7b567d7e3c83e33109090a8b6e7a.png

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, mario man said:

Nothing. Even had a few bottles where some scamp had already used the code. I now avoid the bottles at the front of the shelves 

Out of interest I’ve not found any bottles with codes yet …. I’ve only brought it direct …. Where did you get these ? 

15 minutes ago, incident said:

This should work with Desktop versions of both Firefox and Chrome, though the exact names may vary. Mobile will be a lot more problematic as Mobile browsers don't tend to have dev tools built in.

- The Dev Tools window should appear, with a couple panes - one of the panes should have a load of stuff that looks like <div id=etc> in it.
- Once you've done this, in the other pane, find both places where it says display: none; and untick them.

The manual address entry form should appear on the main part of the page (below the regular form)

Quality instrucciones.  Looks like I've just helped The Glasto Thingy with their efforts as well

"You and your friend have also received one extra correct entry each from you using their referral link!

8 minutes ago, czuk said:

Quality instrucciones.  Looks like I've just helped The Glasto Thingy with their efforts as well

"You and your friend have also received one extra correct entry each from you using their referral link!

That's not bad considering I've not entered. You've possibly helped out whoever the person was I saw post it on Twitter.

They'll be made up.

56 minutes ago, incident said:

Awesome, thank you for doing this.  I managed to enter after following these instructions, so much obliged!

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Out of interest I’ve not found any bottles with codes yet …. I’ve only brought it direct …. Where did you get these ? 

Tesco. Weirdly seemed to be mixed in amongst non-competition bottles in both stores I’ve found them in. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, incident said:

Many thanks for this! 

3 minutes ago, CurlyPutz said:

My daughter has made a tictok thing, not sure if anyone here would have that app to be fair but figured I'd share her link anyway just incase any one does and fancies giving her a like pretty please? 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLWX85ap/

done .... might as well get some use from the app 🙂 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CurlyPutz said:

My daughter has made a tictok thing, not sure if anyone here would have that app to be fair but figured I'd share her link anyway just incase any one does and fancies giving her a like pretty please? 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLWX85ap/

21 minutes ago, barney_bobs said:

Realised I screwed up the rules (didnt duet properly) so i’ve tried again.

Any likes on my low-ish effort skit would be great 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLWtPvc5/

Both done.

If anyone needs a ticket enter this there are 5 pairs of tickets and currently 3 entries with enough likes to be shortlisted.

Shuts at 9am tomorrow

https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/help-pdfs/terms-and-conditions/Glastonbury Competition TCs.pdf

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, gfa said:

there are 5 pairs of tickets and currently 3 entries with enough likes to be shortlisted.

Shuts at 9am tomorrow

Wow, they really misread the room on this one. From what I can tell, it looks like there's 24 entries total which sounds astonishingly low - I couldn't bring myself to enter something structured like this, but I've heard that TikTok is a big deal and so assumed they'd have more than that.

Does that mean that if they don't get 5 people crossing the 100 like threshold, they just automatically declare winners and not award any remaining tickets, or do they additionally shortlist some of the entries that didn't reach the target?

Edited by incident

1 minute ago, incident said:

Wow, they really misread the room on this one. From what I can tell, it looks like there's 24 entries total which sounds astonishingly low - I couldn't bring myself to enter something structured like this, but I've heard that TikTok is a big deal and so assumed they'd have more than that.

Does that mean that if they don't get 5 people crossing the 100 like threshold, they just automatically declare winners and not award any remaining tickets, or do they additionally shortlist some of the entries that didn't reach the target?

I read the rules and it sounds like they will just leave the tickets. None of the rest are particularly close to hitting 100 either, highest are like 50-60 likes.

I think its under-entered as its a pain to make and tiktok is quite young, most users are well below the age of an average glasto-goer i guess

I just don’t think there’s much of an overlap between Glastonbury goers and tiktokkers? They’ve also not really promoted the competition much… only entered when i realised that 100 likes is a win by default! Thanks to everyone who has got me up to a mighty 12 likes so far…

3 minutes ago, barney_bobs said:

I just don’t think there’s much of an overlap between Glastonbury goers and tiktokkers? They’ve also not really promoted the competition much… only entered when i realised that 100 likes is a win by default! Thanks to everyone who has got me up to a mighty 12 likes so far…

It’s gonna be hard maybe they will drop down if not enough people have 100 likes 

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s gonna be hard maybe they will drop down if not enough people have 100 likes 

Where is that original post with the guy saying"it's a strange request..." I can't find it