Competitions 2022

blutarsky

2 minutes ago, prestonmanc said:

Has anyone attempted the Co-op / Worth cheddar comp yet?  I'v bought 3 packs but haven't been able to get a code off any of them, as the sticker on the front seems to be glued shut on all of them.  I've 'examined' a few in the shop and they all seem to be the same too.

I'm pretty sure that the code and details are on the underside of the sticker (as there's nothing in the pack), but I've not managed to peel it apart yet.

Anyone had any joy?

This has been a problem for me recently - it feels like the stickers were all printed ages ago and have degraded significantly. At the start of the comp it never happened. 

I'd have a moan at them on SM. 

16 minutes ago, prestonmanc said:

Has anyone attempted the Co-op / Worth cheddar comp yet?  I'v bought 3 packs but haven't been able to get a code off any of them, as the sticker on the front seems to be glued shut on all of them.  I've 'examined' a few in the shop and they all seem to be the same too.

I'm pretty sure that the code and details are on the underside of the sticker (as there's nothing in the pack), but I've not managed to peel it apart yet.

Anyone had any joy?

To be clear (if i'm remembering corrrectly) the code is located within the sticker - not on the other side ofd it. i.e. it opens like a book with a hinge. Co-op teams up with Glastonbury to give away free tickets to the next  festival - Proper Manchester

6 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

To be clear (if i'm remembering corrrectly) the code is located within the sticker - not on the other side ofd it. i.e. it opens like a book with a hinge. Co-op teams up with Glastonbury to give away free tickets to the next  festival - Proper Manchester

Thanks for confirming.  This is what I thought should happen, but I can't find a pack with a sticker that peels.  Will have a moan at them and see what comes of it...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, prestonmanc said:

Thanks for confirming.  This is what I thought should happen, but I can't find a pack with a sticker that peels.  Will have a moan at them and see what comes of it...

Last one I bought I had to use a knife to peel it apart. You should be able to see the perforated lines down the sides of the bit that comes off. Don't worry about damaging the QR code (that just takes you to the website, it doesn't have your entry code on it), but be careful not to damage the code (at the bottom of the peeled bit).

10 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Last one I bought I had to use a knife to peel it apart. You should be able to see the perforated lines down the sides of the bit that comes off. Don't worry about damaging the QR code (that just takes you to the website, it doesn't have your entry code on it), but be careful not to damage the code (at the bottom of the peeled bit).

Thanks.  I've tried everything with two different packs now and there's been no way of peeling the sticker apart.  Getting an entry code seems as difficult as getting through to the See Tickets order page for the resale!

Update on the Co-op cheese / sticker issue:

I emailed Co-op and got this response from the customer service team - 

"We have had an email back from the team running the competition. They have advised that they are aware of the issue and have changed the roundels on the next batch of cheese to make sure this doesn't happen again."

...so hopefully some usable stickers on the way soon!

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, crazyfool1 said:

The brothers one is absolutely worth a go …. Let me know if anyone wants any codes from it for when I next buy some …. 2 entries and 2 second prizes so far … a couple of brothers tents on the way 

I still have some friends who are trying in competitions if possible please mate?

3 minutes ago, prestonmanc said:

My Brothers record so far is:

8 x entries

3 x T shirts

4 x Festival Hat

1 x No win

Waiting for more to arrive in my local supermarket, but will be watching Glasto on TV dressed head to toe in Brothers gear all weekend at this rate!

It’s amazing this comp … has done me proud in the past … Tshirts , bar tokens … not yet won the big one though 🙂