Your 2022 headwear

March Hare

Chances are it'll still be my ancient Nike cap I've had since 2003. It used to be black. Not so much anymore.

I'd love to extend my millinery wardrobe, but with my ears anything with a brim just makes me look like a syringe.

I've got a bit of a festival hat collection collected now. Black boonie, beige/khaki reversible bucket hat, purple patagonia trucker hat and a blue carhartt hat.

Trucker hats are great, would recommend them they help keep you cool.

different hats for different . . . needs. floppy sunhat always good for during the day, as you can screw it up and bung it in a pocket. Woolly hat for the late night. Tarp hat is a bit more of a special occasion hat, because i got my mam to stitch all my previous glastonbury wristbands to it - its a thing of beauty and i dont want it ruined. 

and then baseball caps as well, to stop the torrents of beaming daytime sunshine! 

you only need to sunburn your scalp once and then you can soon develop a keen sense of essential millinery. Some people even wear more than one hat of course! 

edit: the siren has gone out, and the twice-hatted have answered 😂

Edited by balti-pie

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Probably my Yankees baseball cap again, although whether a man now in his fifth decade should be wearing such an item is up the courts.

I used to anguish over baseball cap wearing - not cause of that Peter Doherty quote, he's in no position to criticise other's sartorial elegance - but just because i dont want to look like a holidaying US tourist in Italy.

These days i just put my hat on and bask in the shade and protection. My only criticism of your hat would be that its of the Yankees, and i would prefer a more niche baseball team -ive got a cap for the Kannapolis Cannonballers, cos its cute as fuck. baseball is a strange old sport, seemingly more of an excuse to eat lots instead of as a sporting spectacle. this is a good thing!