Sneaking in story

waynewdk

11 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Only if you're young, skinny and fit, which means it won't work for most of us! Your hat's not getting through that gap for a start.

I’m happy to pay 🙂 … yeah I’m none of those … but definately seems more realistic than some of the previous vids … I was hoping he inspected the culvert at the last point … as that looked like a possible when I went out that way to collect a bag from the woods 😂

6 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

He's got locations 1 and 3 reversed on his map but otherwise I'm pretty convinced with this one.

Location 1 where he goes through the tunnel and up the river is from the ford down Cockmill Lane where the Whitelake River crosses...I drove through it yesterday. 

The bit he goes in is Gate D i swear i walked past it. Could very easily be wrong though

16 minutes ago, gfa said:

The bit he goes in is Gate D i swear i walked past it. Could very easily be wrong though

I can’t work it out … the ford is by gate D where pedestrians can precariously walk over a bridge and there’s some of the posher camping out that way …gate d and turn right along the road 

12 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I'm pretty sure it's down by Orange car park, close to VG4. If you leave the bottom end to go to Gate D tou can go down that road and cross a little bridge.

Screenshot_20220817-105104_Gallery.thumb.jpg.d22b03916bce73d61815f605277ab964.jpg

Yes I would concur VG4 is where he gets in.....here's a shot from Google Maps of the bridge itself.  The fence runs along the right of the lane as you look at it so the barrier he squeezes over is on the left of the bridge in this shot.  He's then under the bridge and into Rivermead/Bushy Ground camping.

I'm not aware of another ford on the West/Sticklinch side of the site...certainly the one he shows at start of the vid looks to be the Cockmill Lane ford just south of Gate C....pic also below.

Screenshot 2022-08-17 10.55.41.png

Screenshot 2022-08-17 11.17.11.png

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, moogster said:

I kind of enjoyed that one :).  There will always be a 25 cm gap somewhere I guess. Not enough for me either though.

I do believe the chances of hurting yourself badly are high but hey, better than jumping over the fence I guess...

Someone who went over the fence 

68DAA0CE-E8E3-4BDA-87DB-5D3D3BD76C86.jpeg

1 minute ago, moogster said:

I do have very sticky rock climbing shoes 🤔. A well place quick draw... Wouldn't want that as footwear for the weekend though.

All he had I think … he kipped in my tent one night and outside it in his Bivvy bag the others … oh sorry yeah someone else needs to bring kit in I reckon 

Edited by crazyfool1

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

All he had I think … he kipped in my tent one night and outside it in his Bivvy bag the others … oh sorry yeah someone else needs to bring kit in I reckon 

Have I missed some story? (been offline for over a week as was in the States on holiday)

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

Have I missed some story? (been offline for over a week as was in the States on holiday)

Don’t think I’ve actually told it because I’m not sure of the actually detail and don’t want to elaborate with details of twix … what I do know is that after several attempts at night he was able to use a hacksaw to chop some branches which aided him in a fence up and over … his motorbike was parked in one of the posh camping areas out that way which he’d used for arrival .On my birthday the Thursday he asked me to do him a small favour when we met for the traditional birthday drink at the cider bus and retrieve his bag as I was wristbanded . He had pin located it above and with the aid of that and a video call or two and about half hours worth of searching and a few nettle stings and bramble scratches I managed to locate it . And walked the couple of miles back to the HOD gate where I met him and handed over his camouflage rucksack and Bivvy and was reunited with my hat . Whilst out that way I was asked by a group of 3 lads what I was up to … as I was climbing into the trees .. they looked like they were on a fence reccy . Security need more manpower would be my call … there were some obvious places that didn’t have any where previously they would have done . 

99BCF406-6BE3-4A98-A884-D7226171122C.jpeg

96A68BDE-E14F-49E8-BF9F-A926A1DDC032.jpeg

Edited by crazyfool1

18 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Don’t think I’ve actually told it because I’m not sure of the actually detail and don’t want to elaborate with details of twix … what I do know is that after several attempts at night he was able to use a hacksaw to chop some branches which aided him in a fence up and over … his motorbike was parked in one of the posh camping areas out that way which he’d used for arrival .On my birthday the Thursday he asked me to do him a small favour when we met for the traditional birthday drink at the cider bus and retrieve his bag as I was wristbanded . He had pin located it above and with the aid of that and a video call or two and about half hours worth of searching and a few nettle stings and bramble scratches I managed to locate it . And walked the couple of miles back to the HOD gate where I met him and handed over his camouflage rucksack and Bivvy and was reunited with my hat . Whilst out that way I was asked by a group of 3 lads what I was up to … as I was climbing into the trees .. they looked like they were on a fence reccy . Security need more manpower would be my call … there were some obvious places that didn’t have any where previously they would have done . 

99BCF406-6BE3-4A98-A884-D7226171122C.jpeg

96A68BDE-E14F-49E8-BF9F-A926A1DDC032.jpeg

Yup that's the Cockmill Lane ford seen from south side to my earlier photo.  Im guessing this might be the tree stump...?

Screenshot_20220817-170624.png