Sneaking in story

waynewdk

4 minutes ago, Neville Street said:

How do you get to use Wicket instead of PGA? Is it for cyclists? Do you show something before you get to Wicket that shows you don't have to go in through a normal gate?

In the video your hear somebody asking about their ticket at the gate as he passes and being told 'so yours will be hospitality.' 

4 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

In the video your hear somebody asking about their ticket at the gate as he passes and being told 'so yours will be hospitality.' 

yes, I heard that bit. So it seems like this whole thing might be BS. Hard to know for sure. Before you get to that bit there must be a "precheck" otherwise people would Q there as well as at PGA.

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

He was there on Friday though wasn't he? Security maybe a bit more relaxed then

I 'think' he entered Thursday, as he states there was no main stages open on the day he entered. But then they're open the following day. 

I'm wondering: if you zigzag a bit at check-in, when it's a little but not too busy, pretending you are talking to one person, half-assed moving your arm around making it look you are being checked, maybe that works?

So you walk behind a person making it look you are about to be checked, wait a few secs, walk away and the other thinks you've just been vetted?

My first check ins and re-entry have always been tightly done, but then as I have nothing to hide I almost run to the first available steward, happy to get a full check in, sunglasses and hat off and all.

3 hours ago, gizmoman said:

Have you worked Wicket gate? What is the procedure there?

Not worked Wicket this year.

Apart the the gate checks (which are pretty standard across the board) my main suspicion comes from the lack of clear footage of his left arm throughout the video.

I could be wrong - doubt it though !

3 hours ago, Neville Street said:

How do you get to use Wicket instead of PGA? Is it for cyclists? Do you show something before you get to Wicket that shows you don't have to go in through a normal gate?

By having a Hospitality ticket/wristband instead of Public or Staff

• Upvote 1

In 1985 I walked through the main gate and no one stopped me or said a thing, I had a ticket in my pocket.

I stopped after about 10 metres and waited for someone to say something, no one did. At that moment I swore I'd never buy a ticket again, and never have.

Been 24 times.

My brother worked for a long time as an engineer for JCB and had a branded van for tools etc. 

One year in the 90s he blagged his way in one of the vehicle gates no less by claiming he was there on an urgent maintenance call out for some of the on site machinery 😂

Pretty sure that wouldn’t work these days!

2 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

If you rewatch the video, between 2:35 and 2:45 he pauses, rotates his whole body to the left and stops walking, obviously having his wristband checked, then carries on.

Not 100% proof but you could well be right, the whole thing seems to be iffy, the clickbait title, the fact he films himself supposedly trying to sneak in, he gets in on his first attempt, the fact he enters by a gate regular people don't use, his desire to tell anyone and everyone he has sneaked in, it's clearly BS.

3 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Not 100% proof but you could well be right, the whole thing seems to be iffy, the clickbait title, the fact he films himself supposedly trying to sneak in, he gets in on his first attempt, the fact he enters by a gate regular people don't use, his desire to tell anyone and everyone he has sneaked in, it's clearly BS.

If I was an egotistical vlogger and I’d snuck in, I would definitely have anticipated not having both my wrists in the video, and be showing them both off. Although even then you can get your wristband off with the plastic bag and string method. 

If I’d genuinely snuck in I’d be keeping the lowest possible profile, not boasting to random people. 

On 7/26/2022 at 8:44 PM, Neville Street said:

I went to meet someone at PGA on the Wednesday afternoon and waited in the shade by the fence just down from Wicket, so I saw people arriving there. The checks I saw were extremely limited, if any. If this guy is to be believed, it's down to the right gate, inattentive staff, and arriving when he did.

I can see why people have doubts but, as previously mentioned, he discusses it with someone at Stonehenge (though we don't hear the full details as the guy asks him to turn his camera off).

Whether it's legit or he's a bullshitter, I have no doubts that loads still get in without tickets every year. There'll be all sorts going on, a lot just down to having the bottle / timing / staff not been as 'on it' as they probably should.

Yes plus if you have a quick look at this other videos he does seem to enjoy that sort of challenge. Sometimes if you walk in with enough confidence it just works. Ah the good old days when I would walk in a venue early before a show.... 

But now I am annoyed that I gave him views as it seems he is quite eager to get some (reddit...)

57 minutes ago, kalifire said:

High vis on, shoulders back, walking with confidence. That’ll get you past a sizeable chunk of security. 

Confidently saying "I'll be there in two minutes to sort this out" on a radio/whatever they use. Safety shoes on etc...

1 minute ago, moogster said:

Confidently saying "I'll be there in two minutes to sort this out" on a radio/whatever they use. Safety shoes on etc...

Or if you feel really ballsy, demand to see a staff member’s wristband before they check for yours. Walk away saying ‘sorry, you can’t be too sure’. 

• Upvote 1

Dick the bookie from the barside at Layer Road, Colchester U's old ground, is a notorious blagger. Genuinely is a case of seeing him pop up at sporting events he just blags into. Been in the ring after a Mayweather fight, celebrating Hamilton winning a F1 race, led back a Cheltenham Gold Cup winner. Bloke blagged his way into Leonardo Di Caprio's birthday or something when he was out in Vegas. Legend. 

On 7/26/2022 at 12:00 AM, moogster said:

If I managed to sneak in, I'm not sure why I would share the how online. Bragging rights sure... But it makes security's job much easier for next year. "Let's google sneaking in Glastonbury 2022. Ah we need to secure that bit better!"

What gaps are there to cover. Cause wristbands arent scanned or anything at the fest so its a matter of finding security and stewards that are just not paying attention. There used to be videos like this at Coachella for a few years but theyve pretty much dried up cause its not that easy now without a wristband. One video had a person totally replicate the look of security and such. also the whole hiding your wristband thing is prevalent in those videos cause some people never pay attention to that detail when watching it. 

• 3 weeks later...