Sneaking in story

waynewdk

to anyone who still doesn't believe my story on the first page of this thread, I now have extra proof it's real.

I also posted the tale on Reddit and the other day, to my shock, one of the scousers in the story popped up in the comments. He was one of the guys we bumped into near the campervan field and who climbed in with us. So crazy that he came across the story on reddit three years on!

1 hour ago, downtherabbithole said:

to anyone who still doesn't believe my story on the first page of this thread, I now have extra proof it's real.

I also posted the tale on Reddit and the other day, to my shock, one of the scousers in the story popped up in the comments. He was one of the guys we bumped into near the campervan field and who climbed in with us. So crazy that he came across the story on reddit three years on!

No Arcadia in 2019.... 

...and again no mention of the Castle Cary bus dumping folks at Bath & West first. 

Getting wristbands the right colours ahead of opening day is a stretch too. 

Edited by parsonjack

27 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

No Arcadia in 2019.... 

...and again no mention of the Castle Cary bus dumping folks at Bath & West first. 

I wrote this two years after it happened. When breaking in we could hear loud music and see lasers, we assumed it was Arcadia at the time of being outside the festival. Obviously it wasn't in the end. Also maybe the bus did stop off there, maybe it didn't. Like I said, two years and a detail which wasn't relevant to the story. And yes, pretty sure the festival wristband was posted online at the start the week of the festival. We managed to get one a similar colour to it ordered off eBay and delivered to my mate by Thursday morning.... Not sure why I'm even trying to prove this, the fact that some people don't believe it just makes it sweeter that it actually happened. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

I wrote this two years after it happened. When breaking in we could hear loud music and see lasers, we assumed it was Arcadia at the time of being outside the festival. Obviously it wasn't in the end. Also maybe the bus did stop off there, maybe it didn't. Like I said, two years and a detail which wasn't relevant to the story. And yes, pretty sure the festival wristband was posted online at the start the week of the festival. We managed to get one a similar colour to it ordered off eBay and delivered to my mate by Thursday morning.... Not sure why I'm even trying to prove this, the fact that some people don't believe it just makes it sweeter that it actually happened. 

Apols for the cross examination....when it comes to tales such as this its most definitely the detail that gives credence or otherwise so thanks for clearing those bits up. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, downtherabbithole said:

I really enjoyed that. Sat here with a dastardly case of sunburn and your story made a great distraction from it.

I’ve never had to go through anything like that. The closest story I have is from the early 2000s. My mate and I, out of simple careless curiosity, wandered into a crew-only area on the way back from the bank ( when it used to be right up the hill behind the pyramid.)

It turns out that crew only area happened to be Worthy Farmhouse itself. And despite meandering in with ease, we suddenly found ourselves trapped in the Eavis’s back yard - with some reluctant security at each refusing to let us back out through either gate. At one end the guy didn’t recognize the (genuine) punter wristbands we had on. The jerk at the other end just flat out refused to let us free. Within 10-15 minutes of walking back and forth, trying to explain what we’d done and getting nowhere - I’d just resigned to the fact we could be stuck in this state of Worthy purgatory for the rest of the weekend…as a last resort we agreed we’d knock on the door, get a right rollicking and face our consequence.

Fortunately after a while of drunken pacing back and forth around the yard, we noticed the gate we stumbled through no longer had the security guy there..so we dashed back out like the pair of rats we are.

6 hours ago, parsonjack said:

He talks of getting the Castle Cary shuttle and alighting at Gate A.  Don't the Castle Cary buses stop at Bath & West where you then change onto a shuttle to Gate A?  Odd that detail is missed....

I nevertheless really want this to be true though.....

I didn't when I took it.

4 hours ago, parsonjack said:

No Arcadia in 2019.... 

To be fair to the guy, it's referred to as Arcadia's Pangia on the 2019 map. Plus if he'd been before he would probably still refer to it as Arcadia, much like I still refer to Jazz World.

2 hours ago, dogeggs said:

I really enjoyed that. Sat here with a dastardly case of sunburn and your story made a great distraction from it.

I’ve never had to go through anything like that. The closest story I have is from the early 2000s. My mate and I, out of simple careless curiosity, wandered into a crew-only area on the way back from the bank ( when it used to be right up the hill behind the pyramid.)

It turns out that crew only area happened to be Worthy Farmhouse itself. And despite meandering in with ease, we suddenly found ourselves trapped in the Eavis’s back yard - with some reluctant security at each refusing to let us back out through either gate. At one end the guy didn’t recognize the (genuine) punter wristbands we had on. The jerk at the other end just flat out refused to let us free. Within 10-15 minutes of walking back and forth, trying to explain what we’d done and getting nowhere - I’d just resigned to the fact we could be stuck in this state of Worthy purgatory for the rest of the weekend…as a last resort we agreed we’d knock on the door, get a right rollicking and face our consequence.

Fortunately after a while of drunken pacing back and forth around the yard, we noticed the gate we stumbled through no longer had the security guy there..so we dashed back out like the pair of rats we are.

In 1998 in the pissing rain and in a state of inhebriation, me and my mate somehow ended up in the interstage compound. It was dark, nobody was around and we couldn't find the way out. We ended up using a random bit of farm equipment to climb over the fence to get out and back into the main festival!

Edited by Johnnyseven

11 hours ago, downtherabbithole said:

Not to doubt it instantly but the scouser looks like a burner account - this is his only comment despite his account being a few years old. Bit weird to say the least

In 2019 my friend got a number through a friend and arranged to pay for a lift from a pub. 

when he turned up at the agreed location (a pub), it was rammed full of people with all their stuff and hoping to do the same. Occasionally a Land Rover would come and it would be a bit of a scramble to get in. 

He was there about 7 hours and people were starting to get frustrated so arguing and fighting started and the pub called the police.

One more Land Rover turned up and had one space so my mate managed to pounce and jump in…

As they drove off the police were arriving in the background and the lucky sod got in and had a great weekend

• 3 weeks later...

After many years of being very lucky on the ticket front, me and one of my mates have finally hit a brick wall this year. Some great tales in this thread but short of carrying my body weight in Twix's and hopping over a fence does anyone have any advice on any other means of entry (if one were to be indeed considering such a thing of course...)

6 minutes ago, robsthell said:

does anyone have any advice on any other means of entry

If it was possible to gain entry illegally no one will be publicly telling you how to. Not only does it risk the festival license the festival organisers will know what to expect from people attempting it. 

Im sure there were some volunteering spaces still available. Check those threads for details. 

26 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

If it was possible to gain entry illegally no one will be publicly telling you how to. Not only does it risk the festival license the festival organisers will know what to expect from people attempting it. 

Im sure there were some volunteering spaces still available. Check those threads for details. 

I'm only asking publicly 😉

On 4/17/2022 at 12:46 PM, downtherabbithole said:

Its a cute story but isn't the superfence high solid steel on both layers? 🤔