Bath and West camper site

bonosbaby25

2 minutes ago, Jen123m said:

Oh wow it is not going to be suitable with the kids. Still got the ashborne place, you think I shoulda stick with that. My other half thinks we should try and get there Monday and try to get on east? Are they strict with this anyone know? Otherwise going to be stuck with Campervan ticket and can’t get refund 😞 

you need an East ticket to get into East, they do check, plus it doesn't open until Tuesday

3 minutes ago, Jen123m said:

Oh wow it is not going to be suitable with the kids. Still got the ashborne place, you think I shoulda stick with that. My other half thinks we should try and get there Monday and try to get on east? Are they strict with this anyone know? Otherwise going to be stuck with Campervan ticket and can’t get refund 😞 

Absolutely no chance you'll get on East with a B&W ticket I'm afraid.

35 minutes ago, tarw said:

I would use the lockups by gate A to store the trolley. 

Take the trolley on the bus or walk with it when collecting wristbands. When you’re heading back to the van drop it off at the lockups and it’s there waiting for you when you go back on-site 

Sound like it’s not within walking distance and busy roads. Do u think the bus is accessible with a trolley ?

1 minute ago, Jen123m said:

Sound like it’s not within walking distance and busy roads. Do u think the bus is accessible with a trolley ?

So the only way from B&W to the site is on the shuttle bus (coach). Does the trolley fold up or come apart? You cannot be the only people in this circumstance and most coaches do have large luggage compartments, its really about how many people are getting on the coach at the same time as you and if there is space. 

Once you have got to the festival with the trolley the first time, as previously stated you can leave the trolley at the lockups near Gate A so you dont have to keep taking it back and forth on the coach. Then on the Sunday when you leave, try and get it back on the coach again. I dont think it will be a massive problem, but I haven't done it myself. 

Otherwise if the worry is too much, try and get hold of Seetickets to see if the CV ticket can be refunded, and go back to the Ashcombe plan. 

49 minutes ago, tarw said:

I would use the lockups by gate A to store the trolley. 

Take the trolley on the bus or walk with it when collecting wristbands. When you’re heading back to the van drop it off at the lockups and it’s there waiting for you when you go back on-site 

No it’s not foldable it’s a big wheeled thing the kind you usually hire 😌 so they can can rest there sleep in the evenings etc. thanks I’ve emailed see tickets see if we can get a refund but looks doubtable cut off was 6th May for refunds. Might have to take a loss on the chin 😞

Surely you can't be the only person wanting to go on the shuttle bus with a trolley. 

I guess it may take you waiting for a few buses that are not so busy that has the space to put the trolley in the storage section. Speak to the driver etc.

And, as said before, it'll only need to be taken in once and out once. 

Wait for the mass crowds taking the bus to the festival to die down a bit and go for it! 

1 hour ago, Jen123m said:

No it’s not foldable it’s a big wheeled thing the kind you usually hire 😌 so they can can rest there sleep in the evenings etc. thanks I’ve emailed see tickets see if we can get a refund but looks doubtable cut off was 6th May for refunds. Might have to take a loss on the chin 😞

Or you ask someone to take the trolley in their van to the CV East fields with them and take it come afterwards?  (obviously they need to be not too far away or you meet somewhere in a services car park 🙂 )

Each day you could use it and then put in lock ups.

3 hours ago, Jen123m said:

You are making you're trolley sound massive, but assuming it can fit on a bus, then it will get on the B&W shuttle bus.

I was at B&W in 2019 and it is also used as a drop off point for regular campers, there is normally a load of bags and tents in the luggage area on Weds and Thurs but its a double decker bus and it runs pretty regularly (every 15 mins or so and was never overly busy, we always got a seat). Assuming you're trolley isn't like the size of a car (your descriptions have me worried lol), then why would it not get on the bus?

3 hours ago, SouthbanKen said:

Assuming you're trolley isn't like the size of a car (your descriptions have me worried lol), then why would it not get on the bus?

On the bus info page they recently added “Please be aware that trolleys will not be permitted on this service” regarding the bus from Castle Cary.

Also on the drop off info page it says “Please do not arrive with large wheel barrows, wheelie bins or trollies as these will not be transported to the site”, though I’m not sure when this was added. I think Bath and West is the drop off location.

Hopefully they’re just trying to cut back on the trolley load a bit, not a full on ban.

7 hours ago, Jen123m said:

If you decide this is not suitable I have a friend who will purchase for what you paid as they missed out on camper van tickets 

1 minute ago, VastComparison said:

If you decide this is not suitable I have a friend who will purchase for what you paid as they missed out on camper van tickets 

Be careful buying cv tickets. They’re meant to match your General entry tickets. They don’t always check but if they do then you’re in the shite 

29 minutes ago, VastComparison said:

27 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

Be careful buying cv tickets. They’re meant to match your General entry tickets. They don’t always check but if they do then you’re in the shite 

As would be @Jen123m for selling it on which carries the risk of having your festival ticket cancelled. There are still large pitches available @VastComparison at B&W - https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/gfl/addregistrations

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First time at B&W for me, always been in East CV before.

No checks coming in, casual glance a pass and no check on interior of van or glass as we've always had before.

Buses were ok almost every time and waits were sub 5 minutes. I reckon from van to Park/Other Stage area was an hour generally, I do walk fairly fast though. 'Proper' loos and showers at B&W were always clean and reasonably quiet.

Main gripe was Sunday night when queues back to B&W were about an hour to get on the bus. Really killed the mood/vibe after PSB tbh.

I'll do everything I can in future to get back to East CV, felt too detached from the festival. I love walking up the hill of death and looking back across the site. 

• 1 year later...
4 minutes ago, Sasperella2 said:

I am considering campervan for the first time. There seem to be B&W tickets left - worth going for? Do the standard east tickets ever come back up again?

there will be returns that go onsale maybe in the time  before the resale but always just after 

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

there will be returns that go onsale maybe in the time  before the resale but always just after 

not "always"  - haven't been in recent years.

4 hours ago, Neil said:

not "always"  - haven't been in recent years.

4 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Yes there have , we’ve got them for mates just after resale of tickets last few years 💯 sure 

Just checked and I got one for mates on 16th May last year.  Someone on here posted they were available! 

14 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Yes there have , we’ve got them for mates just after resale of tickets last few years 💯 sure 

apologies i somehow missed it was about cv tickets and not entry tickets, sorry.