Bath and West camper site

bonosbaby25

On 3/8/2022 at 1:21 PM, bonosbaby25 said:

Hi Guys, 

could any of you kind people who have stayed at the Bath and West site give me a bit of insight, please?

It's the first time in a camper, so if there's any tip etc I would be grateful.

cheers 

Dawn 

You've saved me a job - I was going to post something similar 😀 

You know we have absolutely ZERO chance of being onsite at 10am for Power Ballad Yoga right? 🤣

Joe is coming down Thursday night and is going to camp in or around our usual spot. I'm going to bung some extra chairs in his car etc incase you need an afternoon chill ❤ I mean, it's not going to be, but it'll be a godsend I reckon if its muddy (I hate myself for even thinking it) 

23 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Been on Love Fields waiting list since getting resale tickets and subsequently not getting a CV pass.  Love Fields is my preferred choice, GFL has replied to my email stating the don't anticipate any further CV pass sales.  But then you posted this and Willow Meadows still have CV spaces!  So absolutely torn on what to do, I've emailed Love but it's a bank hol weekend so not expecting a reply for a few days and what if Willow sells out in that time!

I'm pretty loyal so I'm going to wait on a reply from Love Fields.  It's in the hands of fate.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Been on Love Fields waiting list since getting resale tickets and subsequently not getting a CV pass.  Love Fields is my preferred choice, GFL has replied to my email stating the don't anticipate any further CV pass sales.  But then you posted this and Willow Meadows still have CV spaces!  So absolutely torn on what to do, I've emailed Love but it's a bank hol weekend so not expecting a reply for a few days and what if Willow sells out in that time!

I'm pretty loyal so I'm going to wait on a reply from Love Fields.  It's in the hands of fate.

I think there will be more cv passes on sale despite what they say … there often are … unless it’s been deliberately slightly oversold this time 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think there will be more cv passes on sale despite what they say … there often are … unless it’s been deliberately slightly oversold this time 

That was kind of my feeling but my compulsive need to have everything organised is taking a battering right now, so many 'almost there' type options!  Like the main thing, the golden ticket, is in the bag, I'll be at the Farm.  And I still have the long way away campsite for CV, tent on site & commute option if all else fails.

The GFL email did seem quite sure about no returns & resales though.

5 minutes ago, mattlhull said:

Are wristbands issued in the Bath and West camper area when we arrive - or do we have to queue up on the Wednesday/Thursday?

You have to queue up as normal

for the wristbands. B&W is essentially completely off site.

37 minutes ago, t0paz said:

You have to queue up as normal

for the wristbands. B&W is essentially completely off site.

Am I right in thinking you then get a pass out - the same way you would if you were onside camping and wanted to nip back to the car? 

The panic is already setting in regarding me losing my ticket, past etc 🤣

12 minutes ago, Digi said:

Am I right in thinking you then get a pass out - the same way you would if you were onside camping and wanted to nip back to the car? 

In previous years, yes. It’s possible they’ve changed it this year though as I think Worthy View trialled special wrist bands last time. 

2 minutes ago, t0paz said:
16 minutes ago, Digi said:

losing my ticket, past etc 🤣

In previous years, yes. It’s possible they’ve changed it this year though

I doubt they’ll add this option for any other offsite including campervans. Worthy view is self contained with a separate gate. 
I’m in a campervan this year snd would love an easy pass out process with just a wrist band. 

Unfortunately I can’t see GFL doing it as it weakens security  

14 minutes ago, Digi said:

Totally get the panic!  I worry about literally everything.

So much so I took a couple of ziplock airport toiletry bags, sturdy ones, and kept ticket & pass out in, waterproof & sometimes they were able to scan/look at ticket through the bag, and had a ticket only pocket for it in my festival belt so it couldn't be taken out by accident & lost!

Haven't been since '17 and stayed in West CV where there was a dedicated gate but it was a case of queue for wristband to get onside, as usual and then they check ticket upon leaving site and give you you pass out, both are needed to return to site.

20 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

I doubt they’ll add this option for any other offsite including campervans. Worthy view is self contained with a separate gate. 
I’m in a campervan this year snd would love an easy pass out process with just a wrist band. 

Unfortunately I can’t see GFL doing it as it weakens security  

isnt there talk of the EPO wrist bands being more widely rolled out ..... its a while now since they were trialled by workers ... hopefully they are used for everyone now 

25 minutes ago, beefykoala said:

Q: We are staying in Shepton Mallet on Monday night after the festival, can regular campers get the bus to Bath and West? That would make the journey to our accommodation only a short walk. 

Anyone can get the shuttle to B&W. Be careful though, as B&W is a big site with a few different entrances so your short walk may not be as short as you expect - and depending on your route you may find that it's hugely busy or lacks pavements.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 2:36 PM, Digi said:

You've saved me a job - I was going to post something similar 😀 

You know we have absolutely ZERO chance of being onsite at 10am for Power Ballad Yoga right? 🤣

Joe is coming down Thursday night and is going to camp in or around our usual spot. I'm going to bung some extra chairs in his car etc incase you need an afternoon chill ❤ I mean, it's not going to be, but it'll be a godsend I reckon if its muddy (I hate myself for even thinking it) 

🤣🤣 yep, I realise we won't have a chance of the yoga, but the thought is there..

I'm hoping to be loads fitter by then love, but yeah, it would be good to have a base to chill. Have you got an awning with your camper? I have a spare you could use if not 🙂 

it's NOT gonna be muddy btw.. I've ordered good weather 🙂 

On 4/26/2022 at 2:06 PM, bonosbaby25 said:

🤣🤣 yep, I realise we won't have a chance of the yoga, but the thought is there..

I'm hoping to be loads fitter by then love, but yeah, it would be good to have a base to chill. Have you got an awning with your camper? I have a spare you could use if not 🙂 

it's NOT gonna be muddy btw.. I've ordered good weather 🙂 

We got one with the camper hire 🙂

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi just managed to get a Campervan ticket but it looks like it’s for bath and west, we have small children 3 and 5 so where planning on Towing them around in a truck on the site itself. Can anyone shed any light on the idea just read it’s a shuttle bus to the site? Is it doable with a truck or can you walk

thanks 

11 minutes ago, Jen123m said:

Hi just managed to get a Campervan ticket but it looks like it’s for bath and west, we have small children 3 and 5 so where planning on Towing them around in a truck on the site itself. Can anyone shed any light on the idea just read it’s a shuttle bus to the site? Is it doable with a truck or can you walk

thanks 

I would use the lockups by gate A to store the trolley. 

Take the trolley on the bus or walk with it when collecting wristbands. When you’re heading back to the van drop it off at the lockups and it’s there waiting for you when you go back on-site 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jen123m said:

Sorry and how far is the walk roughly and it’s along fields or roads is there pavements? First time taking kids and it’s casing me sleepless nights worrying about the logistics with 2 little people x

B and W is a few miles from the site on very busy A roads with no pavements.

image.thumb.png.a6838d2f9fff33f5e1e787c3541bee73.png

4 minutes ago, Jen123m said:

Sorry and how far is the walk roughly and it’s along fields or roads is there pavements? First time taking kids and it’s casing me sleepless nights worrying about the logistics with 2 little people x

dont think youll be able to walk it with a trolley, most of the roads have no pavements and its about 3 miles

Oh wow it is not going to be suitable with the kids. Still got the ashborne place, you think I shoulda stick with that. My other half thinks we should try and get there Monday and try to get on east? Are they strict with this anyone know? Otherwise going to be stuck with Campervan ticket and can’t get refund 😞