Lakefest 2022

Bennykill

We are going.

Been once before but were given a VIP upgrade so, as the booze was free, we spent most at the main stage and backstage area we had access to so never really got to do the festival properly.

It is very friendly and lovely and flat (except some of the reservable camping areas). Food and drink are average prices.

This year we will be doing it properly and spending  a fair bit of time away from the main stage as there is loads of good stuff.

12 minutes ago, John L said:

Think this Festival requires the dreaded wristbands for cash.

I went once before (in 2016). Was a pretty friendly Festival back then.

Yes, they brought this in the year I went (after I'd already bought tickets) the result was they didn't get a penny from me, it was easy enough to get our own drinks in and was in a campervan so took our own food. Wouldn't go again for this reason though the festival otherwise was pretty good, decent showers in the camping field etc.

29 minutes ago, John L said:

Hated that part of it and as a direct result we spent far less than we would normally have done - by Sunday lots of stalls were taking cash as they just wanted trade.

On 3/8/2022 at 11:22 AM, John L said:

I found the wristbands worked really well last year. I set it on automatic top up and didn’t have a problem all weekend. Was nice to lock all my wallet in the car and not worry about it. 

3 hours ago, Bennykill said:

I found the wristbands worked really well last year. I set it on automatic top up and didn’t have a problem all weekend. Was nice to lock all my wallet in the car and not worry about it. 

Think it’s more of a question of how much are the traders getting ripped off and where is all your spending data going.

10 hours ago, John L said:

Think it’s more of a question of how much are the traders getting ripped off and where is all your spending data going.

The traders I spoke to all seemed to prefer the cashless system as it made their life easier. And I’m not sure what data is given away. Certainly nothing more than everyday life. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, chrissy1 said:

It says we cant take alcohol into the venue, but can we take food? and cans of coke etc?

Pretty sure food is fine and sealed cans etc as long as non alcoholic.

Try the Lakefest forum on Faceache as the organisers post on there.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546671375565863

• Like 1