2023 legend slot

ProperTea

41 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Just saw Spice Girls have been added as a rumour for Sunday... Could just be the act after the Legend I guess...

Even with the slating reviews the stadium four-piece reunion got, it would be a hell of a booking for Glastonbury to stick a stadium act third on the Pyramid stage when there is the chance one of their headliners would not be a stadium draw at all.

But, you never know! Anything to free up the Legend spot for Billy Joel.

7 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Even with the slating reviews the stadium four-piece reunion got, it would be a hell of a booking for Glastonbury to stick a stadium act third on the Pyramid stage when there is the chance one of their headliners would not be a stadium draw at all.

who's this? top picks seem to be AM, Elton and Taylor right now

16 minutes ago, gfa said:

who's this? top picks seem to be AM, Elton and Taylor right now

Oh, sorry, I was referring to this year as a comparative example. Like, if you'd booked the Spice Girls third on Sunday when their last tour was a sell-out stadium run, instead of the Legends slot, it would have been a hell of a swing given Kendrick Lamar can't sell out arenas over here.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I just remember the Barry Gibb/Chic combo in 2017. Both had massive crowds, although neither of those are stadium sellouts obv, just very popular with Glasto.

The thing is with the Spice Girls, I wouldn't necessarily have them down as a stadium draw normally, the 2019 one had a lot of interest because it was a reunion and a people love nostalgia. If they were touring as regularly as Kendrick or Pyramid subs/third down acts, then I don't think they would be selling out stadiums consistently.

Still though, if they're third down after the Legend, or they're actually the Legend, then so be it. Depending on clashes, I might give it a miss. Mostly because I remember on long car trips my sister would play the Spice Girls RELENTLESSLY. Haha.

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I just remember the Barry Gibb/Chic combo in 2017. Both had massive crowds, although neither of those are stadium sellouts obv, just very popular with Glasto.

The thing is with the Spice Girls, I wouldn't necessarily have them down as a stadium draw normally, the 2019 one had a lot of interest because it was a reunion and a people love nostalgia. If they were touring as regularly as Kendrick or Pyramid subs/third down acts, then I don't think they would be selling out stadiums consistently.

Still though, if they're third down after the Legend, or they're actually the Legend, then so be it. Depending on clashes, I might give it a miss. Mostly because I remember on long car trips my sister would play the Spice Girls RELENTLESSLY. Haha.

One to put you off for life!

I cannot see the combined ego of some members preventing anything but the Legends slot. But I would rather dish that out somewhere else.

I think I’d like Spice Girls in that slot. I’ve gone along to Kylie and DiRo because you kind of had to, and didn’t enjoy K and left DiRo. I can just plan to be elsewhere for the Spice Girls and be happy in advance. Would have had a decent spot for Glen Tillbrook if I hadn’t thought DiRo was “unmissable”. The Spice Girls are in no way shape or form unmissable in my opinion!! I’m sure lots will love them, and moving around elsewhere will be easier.

51 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

God their crowd is going to be fucking massive.

If I think about everyone I know that goes to Glasto, I'm pretty sure they'd all go see Spice Girls in that slot. They'd have to put someone absolutely enormous up against them.

I don't even care that it might be naff or that they can't sing, that would almost be the point, I think. 

2 minutes ago, Zacko said:

If I think about everyone I know that goes to Glasto, I'm pretty sure they'd all go see Spice Girls in that slot. They'd have to put someone absolutely enormous up against them.

I don't even care that it might be naff or that they can't sing, that would almost be the point, I think. 

the union jack dress puts me off tbh !!

4 minutes ago, Zacko said:

I wouldn't bother. Can't remember every going to a Legands slot. Hopefully there would be a massive crowd, leaving me plenty of space elsewhere.

I’l outright say that the Spice Girls is probably the biggest act they can put in the legend slot. Any act bigger than Spice Girls would likely want to headline.

When did we last have a stadium act in the legend slot?

Edited by Matt42