2023 legend slot

ProperTea

1 hour ago, blue6field said:

Totally! 

another thought about repeat bookings, what about Paul Simon? I know he stank the place out in 11 but he admitted he got it wrong, still has the potential to put on a hit laden epic set!

Saw him in Manchester in 2018 and he was incredible, absolutely nailed the setlist and finished a second encore with a load of S+G classics. Sadly think that was a farewell tour and has nothing scheduled for the future 😞

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Plus - I don't think he's 'admitted' anything.

Seem to remember him being interviewed after the show and him saying he misjudged what the show was about and would have changed the set list on reflection 

1 minute ago, blue6field said:

Seem to remember him being interviewed after the show and him saying he misjudged what the show was about and would have changed the set list on reflection 

On the BBC he told Jo Wiley that he wasn't feeling well and that he was there cos his manager told him to do it - but no great 'Ah! I got it wrong here's what I would do differently' moment.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

On the BBC he told Jo Wiley that he wasn't feeling well and that he was there cos his manager told him to do it - but no great 'Ah! I got it wrong here's what I would do differently' moment.

Fair enough, was a few years ago

Would Hall and Oates fit the bill for the legend slot?

Not saying they'll be there for '23 of course but just wondering if they're that type of act.

I'd also say Duran Duran could easily to the legend slot but I think Lebon wants a bigger slot doesn't he?

Edited by rgill3

1 minute ago, rgill3 said:

Would Hall and Oates fit the bill for the legend slot?

Not saying they'll be there for '23 of course but just wondering if they're that type of act.

I'd also say Duran Duran could easily to the legend slot but I think Lebon wants a bigger slot doesn't he?

Was thinking H&O would be a fantastic booking the other day. 

Unrelated and not for the legends slot, but I hope we get Sade one day. 

54 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Was thinking H&O would be a fantastic booking the other day. 

Unrelated and not for the legends slot, but I hope we get Sade one day. 

There isn't a bigger slot than the legends slot these days. They get a bigger crowd than any of the headliners