2023 legend slot

ProperTea

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

If they can book Taylor Swift, Adele and U2 then they can certainly book Ozzy Osbourne. Come on now. Unless we’re saying he’d be headline or nothing which would obviously be a non-starter. 

I will be amazed if this Ozzy tour ever happens 

1 minute ago, brettredmayne said:

I will be amazed if this Ozzy tour ever happens 

I kind of wish it would be canned so it would release Judas Priest to play their own shows. Get the sense they would have played their own UK dates by now were it not for the fact they are shackled to the bill.

First time I ever went to Brixton was to see Judas Priest. A tidy nugget for the evening.

2 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Boooooo.

Definitely not.

Mind you, let's start placing bets for which provincial football stadium he's off to.

Tbh if he's creating a gap for anything, it's more than likely be a few more BST dates.

2 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

As a Stoke fan.

We might as well. Hopefully the info is a little duffer - no offence @nikkic!

None taken!

Given the source, there's no reason for it not to be true. He knows Elt well and worked with him for years. 

What I don't know, is when these remarks were first aired, I'm hoping a while ago and then his stance has since softened!

32 minutes ago, nikkic said:

None taken!

Given the source, there's no reason for it not to be true. He knows Elt well and worked with him for years. 

What I don't know, is when these remarks were first aired, I'm hoping a while ago and then his stance has since softened!

It would be nice to think so, to hope so!

Moving a Paris show specifically over Glastonbury weekend, to then not play at all... well, that's just teasing.

31 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

It would be nice to think so, to hope so!

Moving a Paris show specifically over Glastonbury weekend, to then not play at all... well, that's just teasing.

Would be the ultimate dick move. But ultimately it’d be his legacy being left without the cherry on top, not the festival’s. 

Just now, Green Croc said:

Where would Bon Jovi sit in the discussion?

Too expensive, likely, and with stadiums their last shows in the UK, possibly too ego-heavy to take any gig other than headline.

JBJ's voice is shot to pieces, but let it be said this is not necessarily a limitation when it comes to the Legends slot. Get enough people singing along and it works.

You Give Love a Bad Name
We Weren't Born to Follow
It's My Life
Born to Be My Baby
This House is Not for Sale
Keep the Faith
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
Lost Highway
Wanted Dead or Alive
Bad Medicine
Have a Nice Day
Who Says You Can't Go Home
I'll Be There for You
Livin' on a Prayer 

7 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Too expensive, likely, and with stadiums their last shows in the UK, possibly too ego-heavy to take any gig other than headline.

JBJ's voice is shot to pieces, but let it be said this is not necessarily a limitation when it comes to the Legends slot. Get enough people singing along and it works.

You Give Love a Bad Name
We Weren't Born to Follow
It's My Life
Born to Be My Baby
This House is Not for Sale
Keep the Faith
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
Lost Highway
Wanted Dead or Alive
Bad Medicine
Have a Nice Day
Who Says You Can't Go Home
I'll Be There for You
Livin' on a Prayer 

Yeah I wasn't sure if they'd be more of a headliner than a legend slot, feel like they could do either.

Very strong setlist, and still room for 'Always' too

13 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Rather get Al Green back if we’re doing repeats. 

Totally! 

another thought about repeat bookings, what about Paul Simon? I know he stank the place out in 11 but he admitted he got it wrong, still has the potential to put on a hit laden epic set!

3 minutes ago, blue6field said:

what about Paul Simon? I know he stank the place out in 11 but he admitted he got it wrong, still has the potential to put on a hit laden epic set!

Only if he's playing with Art Garfunkel, obvs

3 hours ago, Green Croc said:

Very strong setlist, and still room for 'Always' too

Dear God no. Absolute dirge. Although I'll admit I'm jaded by the video, which I believe to be one of the worst things ever committed to film.