2023 legend slot

ProperTea

Billy Joel would be my dream but he'd be spenny

Cher would be great, spice girls would be like the biggest ever crowd at glasto 

Would love journey, Bryan Adams, deep purple, bon Jovi out of those soft rock options 

Kiss are definitely in it for the money 

23 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Rock for the Dads slot sort of fizzled out after Motorhead and ZZ Top. Obviously it was due to stage a comeback this year in the guise of Aerosmith but for me it should coexist with the Sunday Teatime, not be absorbed into it.

Shopping list should be:

Aerosmith

Alice Cooper

Def Leppard 

Judas Priest

The Cult

The Groover from Vancouver

etc

I’ve seen Steve Halkett twice recently, and he would be absolutely superb in this slot. Ideally with Peter Gabriel, Mike Rutherford and Tony Banks as special guests.

On 7/2/2022 at 9:38 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Rock for the Dads slot sort of fizzled out after Motorhead and ZZ Top. Obviously it was due to stage a comeback this year in the guise of Aerosmith but for me it should coexist with the Sunday Teatime, not be absorbed into it.

Shopping list should be:

Aerosmith

Alice Cooper

Def Leppard 

Judas Priest

The Cult

The Groover from Vancouver

etc

Bon jovi 

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Peter Gabriel would be a complete dream. Didn’t know he was still active - setlist.fm have his last solo show down as in 2014. 

He did the Sting shows a few years back, but talk is he has a new record out end of the year and plans to tour it next year.

Would be shocked if his tour consisted of more than forty dates all in all - twenty in US/CA, fifteen in mainland Europe and five on British shores.

If it coincides, feels like it's could be Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham, London and Glastonbury.

4 minutes ago, Boozie19 said:

Bon jovi 

Would need to be another Aerosmith in that they’re a stadium sized act willing to play lower at Glastonbury for whatever reason. Also, from some of the live vids I’ve seen of them lately, Jon’s voice is pretty much kaput so the performance itself might be a bit shit (but the bangers are there so that wouldn’t matter too much). 

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Would need to be another Aerosmith in that they’re a stadium sized act willing to play lower at Glastonbury for whatever reason. Also, from some of the live vids I’ve seen of them lately, Jon’s voice is pretty much kaput so the performance itself might be a bit shit (but the bangers are there so that wouldn’t matter too much). 

Aye, it is a bit of a tough one. Jon's voice is kaput, but if you could grease the wheels with enough of a singalong - and possibly gear the setlist towards some less testing numbers, of which there are a few - it might do the business.

Cannot imagine it is a coincidence we seldom see Always in their shows these days.

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

There’s also the issue of it being likely that Aerosmith would play a song which could be interpreted as transphobic. Personally I don’t think it is but encouraging the Twitter TERF community to get involved in Glastonbury discourse is probably something we could do without. 

Think that’s been absent from their setlists for their most recent shows, tbf. One of their bigger hits so I’m sure it stung to have to do so, but they’re obviously aware of the controversy that would come with it, and they’ve dodged a fair amount of that over their career as it is. 

3 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

There’s also the issue of it being likely that Aerosmith would play a song which could be interpreted as transphobic. Personally I don’t think it is but encouraging the Twitter TERF community to get involved in Glastonbury discourse is probably something we could do without. 

given that macca failed to acknowledge the whole non-binary community without any backlash, I believe we're in the clear 

4 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Avoiding Twitter completely is a good way to not see that.

The song is a light hearted pisstake of hair metal and Motley Crue in particular. Its fine.

Just now, The Nal said:

Avoiding Twitter completely is a good way to not see that.

The song is a light hearted pisstake of hair metal and Motley Crue in particular. Its fine.

Hasn’t stopped them from removing it from their setlists, though. They’ve got enough tunes to fill a setlist without it. I’m sure they feel it’s just not worth the grief that will almost undoubtedly come with them playing it. 

1 minute ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

It is odd to think that, if this was five years ago, Elton John probably would have been a lock-in for the Legends slot.

Shows what a farewell tour with a slew of football stadiums under your belt can do for your prospects.

Stock in Elton has risen for a number of reasons - the tour, sure, but also the movie, the massive hit single, etc.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Hasn’t stopped them from removing it from their setlists, though. They’ve got enough tunes to fill a setlist without it. I’m sure they feel it’s just not worth the grief that will almost undoubtedly come with them playing it. 

Hadn’t noticed this - good on them.