2023 legend slot

ProperTea

15 minutes ago, Superscally said:

You used Tom Jones in your arguments, who was way before Dolly. Can't have it both ways. 

Also ELO weren't an abomination. Maybe in your opinion, but not the reviews. Also, it was shitting it down for most of the set, so crowd was always going to be smaller. 

Who is “arguing”?! It’s an opinion on a music forum, just happens to be different to yours, and that’s OK my dude, we don’t all have to think the same thing. 

34 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Who is “arguing”?! It’s an opinion on a music forum, just happens to be different to yours, and that’s OK my dude, we don’t all have to think the same thing. 

You're using argument in a different sense to me. I said you used it in your arguments, meaning your evidence in your point that Pulp clearly didn't fit. I expressed my opinion that there is no "fit". You used Tom Jones as one of your key pieces of evidence and then when others, like Ray Davies or Kenny Rogers were mentioned, you revised your data gathering period to suit your argument. If anyone was escalating it, it was you, as you went to great lengths to show why your opinion mattered and mine didn't. Glad you've realised that it's an opinions game now. 😘

Just now, Skip997 said:

Best thing Dido ever did was feature in Stan by Eminem.

I will go down with this ship 😊

I think the obvious thing about the legend slot is it won't please everyone. 

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Eminem for the Legend Slot?

While Eminem is long overdue an appearance at the festival, he's not legend slot material (except maybe to piss off the "camping chair/bed by 12.30 crew).

He's a headliner, preferably Pyramid but Other would do.

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

While Eminem is long overdue an appearance at the festival, he's not legend slot material (except maybe to piss off the "camping chair/bed by 12.30 crew).

He's a headliner, preferably Pyramid but Other would do.

There are several reasons why that’s never gonna happen. 

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

Ha, big yes from me. Can’t see it personally, but it’d throw the cat amongst the pigeons big time for the legends slot. 

16 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Ozzy is all very well but most Sunday afternoon Pyramid crowd wouldn’t be able to name or sing more than 1 or 2 songs. 

I'm putting Bryan Adams into the mix. Hit after hit. 

Really can't decide who's worse, if Ozzy does Black Sabbath then they had amazing tunes, but can he sing.

Bryan Adams is truly dreadful, probably go for him as worse.

Still can't decide if this is a parody forum.