2023 legend slot

ProperTea

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’l outright say that the Spice Girls is probably the biggest act they can put in the legend slot. Any act bigger than Spice Girls would likely want to headline.

When did we last have a stadium act in the legend slot?

Have we ever? Would be a massive booking.

1 minute ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Was right at the front for Tom. I've never seen a video of his performance and didn't know the crowd was so huge behind us.

https://youtu.be/sT7VcSAtl7Y

I added beastman realness to the crowd during Green Green Grass of Home that year, remember stumbling across the hill when he was singing it. Id literally had far too much green grass from home

46 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Yeah, can't remember ever seeing a headline act in the Legends slot. 

DiRo

Kylie

Barry Gibb 

Dolly

Tom Jones ...

Maybe James Brown? At a push...

Diana Ross couldn't sell 20k at Lytham and was giving out free tickets all over. doesn't scream stadium to me that! maybe years ago

11 minutes ago, gfa said:

Diana Ross couldn't sell 20k at Lytham and was giving out free tickets all over. doesn't scream stadium to me that! maybe years ago

15 quid at longleat. Didnt the spice girls last couple if tours just kind of disappear? You might as well say take that.  Bizarrely i reckon Robbie could (25 year tour etc) but not Take That 

4 minutes ago, danmarks said:

Yeah that was in answer to never had a legend slot who could be a headliner.

Ah ok, he was on the Sunday that year (94?) think he may have been the legend. Don't know what time he was on but def daylight 

28 minutes ago, eddie_corrigan said:

Mate went to see Duran Duran at bst and is convinced that they’d smash it out the park and after seeing the set list. I’m inclined to agree. Wee even get a bond theme! 

621E190F-E300-488B-8BF3-364383B6DDB2.jpeg

7773CE11-222A-40AE-BDF6-D9681007D393.jpeg

Bloody hell! That set list is fantastic! Book them!

27 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Paul Simon did it in 2011. Wasn't great, but I think he had a virus or something. Call me Al was still great, only song I recognised though.

I know i qas answering earliwr about people who had played the lwgend slot who could be headliners.

10 hours ago, theswanmcr said:

Not in The Spice Girls league but… Hall and Oates anyone??!

I suggested them the other day so many bangers. Would they do a similar slot to crowded house this year though?

9 hours ago, eddie_corrigan said:

Mate went to see Duran Duran at bst and is convinced that they’d smash it out the park and after seeing the set list. I’m inclined to agree. Wee even get a bond theme! 

621E190F-E300-488B-8BF3-364383B6DDB2.jpeg

7773CE11-222A-40AE-BDF6-D9681007D393.jpeg

Honestly this is the best answer what a party that would be

11 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Yeah, can't remember ever seeing a headline act in the Legends slot. 

DiRo

Kylie

Barry Gibb 

Dolly

Tom Jones ...

Maybe James Brown? At a push...

Kylie was supposed to headline 15 years prior. That still counts for something as I doubt nobody wouldve thought she didnt deserve to headline with the set she put on.

And that Duran Duran set has been the same thing theyve been doing for the last 15 years apart from slotting in a few newer tracks from albums theyve put out.

Edited by Suprefan