2023 legend slot

ProperTea

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

How could you.

Because We Want To on the P would be iconic and it’d have the added bonus of sending Lawrence Fox into a meltdown. 

What's she going to do for the other 70 minutes?

On 7/4/2022 at 7:54 PM, ProperTea said:

RE: Madonna, she has the biopic of her life filming at the moment. I expect once it's released it'll be the next Rocketman/Bohemian Rhapsody and she'll be very on trend and announcing huge tour runs. A legend slot would fit in with that sort of retrospective career vibe.

I can't see her doing the legends slot as part of a normal album/tour cycle as she's  normally very much in to looking forward not back.

As if we are talking about Madge like she isn't a headliner.

8 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Madonna goes to the top of the Pyramid or the Legends slot, but even then, the latter would be a hard sell for her, I imagine.

Yeah that's fair. I do think the legends slot is essentially a fourth headliner at this point (see the poster) and certainly the slot that attracts the most viewers on BBC I think?  But like you say that might be a hard sell.

2022 poster

2 minutes ago, ProperTea said:

Yeah that's fair. I do think the legends slot is essentially a fourth headliner at this point (see the poster) and certainly the slot that attracts the most viewers on BBC I think?  But like you say that might be a hard sell.

2022 poster

It is a very nice poster design, I have to say.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

It is a very nice poster design, I have to say.

Lovely isn't it? Glad to be sharing secret content like the 2022 line up poster. Hehe.

I just meant the way they bill the legend on the top of the poster, I think that started in 2019? It must help them with booking people for that slot. 

Just now, ProperTea said:

Lovely isn't it? Glad to be sharing secret content like the 2022 line up poster. Hehe.

I just meant the way they bill the legend on the top of the poster, I think that started in 2019? It must help them with booking people for that slot. 

Yeah, I don't recall Jeff Lynne's ELO getting the treatment for example.

Then again, Kylie Minogue and Diana Ross arguably among the biggest they've had with international appeal.

6 minutes ago, ProperTea said:

For better or worse, Madge still sees herself as a contemporary artist on the cutting edge. The sentimental nostalgia of the Legend Slot is the polar opposite of her self image.

Saw Santana went down. Heat exhaustion? A speedy recovery.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

For better or worse, Madge still sees herself as a contemporary artist on the cutting edge. The sentimental nostalgia of the Legend Slot is the polar opposite of her self image.

Aye, exactly. Tough sell to her.

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Maybe this has been covered already, but just heard on the radio that apparently the Eavi have voiced interest in getting Billy Joel for the legends slot before he packs it in. This based off anything or is this just pure speculation being presented as fact?

I mentioned him rather hopefully the other day so if this is true I would be very happy indeed

22 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Maybe this has been covered already, but just heard on the radio that apparently the Eavi have voiced interest in getting Billy Joel for the legends slot before he packs it in. This based off anything or is this just pure speculation being presented as fact?

Id imagine they mustve asked him at some stage?

Hes in Australia in December so certainly more of a possibility now I guess. Maybe eyeing up a Euro tour.

29 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Billy Ocean has the sing along bangers.

Billy Ocean absolutely does. The man has far more than we think.

Love Really Hurts Without You, Red Light Spells Danger, Caribbean Queen (No More Love on the Run), Loverboy, Suddenly, When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going, There'll Be Sad Songs (To Make You Cry), Love Zone, Get Outta My Dreams, Get into My Car.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

There might be something to it, but equally I wouldn't rule out the possibility that the host just googled "glastonbury legend slot 2023", came across this thread, and saw Billy Joel as the most touted name..

i saw Billy Ocean at a Hop Farm festival in Kent, and he was bloody great. This might be about a decade ago (ish) but yeah, hes really engaging, has a pile of bangers, and would be very up for the kind of camp atmos that sunday afternoon entails. If Billy Joel doesnt do it, id be very content with Billy Ocean, of all the other Billies (Piper can naff off, obvs)