2023 legend slot

ProperTea

Ozzy Osbourne, alas, would be a risk, and not due to a lack of bangers. Not really sure how he still plans to complete his current trek, frankly.

Madonna would be headliner or bust on the ego front right now, I think? In five years time, that could be a different story.

If she never does headline, then Lady Gaga in twenty years would be a sensational Legends slot pick.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Material Girl

Borderline

Into the Groove

Like a Virgin

True Blue

Papa Dont Preach

Express Yourself

Open Your Heart

Like a prayer

Music

Hung Up

Lucky Star

Holiday

There isn't anyone barring Reg who has as many bangers as just those. Unless she wants something stupid, I'd pay her. 

That would be quite something. I always think of myself as a non-Madonna fan, but I couldn't turn down that offering on a sun soaked Sunday afternoon.

1 minute ago, rottencrotch said:

Does Cher still tour? 

She did before the pandemic. Not sure if she's done any dates since.

Would be an interesting one in that she very much has the full Vegas stage set-up. Not sure how much she would - or would be willing to - compromise on that.

Also, she doesn't play Just Like Jesse James anymore, so hard pass on that alone.

Just now, NorthernSoul52 said:

Also, she doesn't play Just Like Jesse James anymore, so hard pass on that alone.

You are 100% spot on. It's the kind of thing I put on Spotify steaming at 4am and it fucks up your whole algorithm in the best way. Not like Scooter or Bonkers *side-eyes my husband* 

Just now, Rose-Colored Boy said:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/barry-manilow/2022/utilita-arena-newcastle-england-33b58c2d.html

Would be good fun but that setlist isn’t tailor-made to fit the Kylie/DiRo mould. 

Saw him a few years back. Unironically love Weekend in New England. Took the then-missus NorthernSoul52. She was not impressed.

12 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

She did before the pandemic. Not sure if she's done any dates since.

Would be an interesting one in that she very much has the full Vegas stage set-up. Not sure how much she would - or would be willing to - compromise on that.

That's bobbins. That would need to be in.

Does she do Love & Understanding? That's a banger

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

23 pages into this thread and yet to see better options for it than Cher or Barry Manilow. Will be the same by page 123.

Who do you think is left who would attract a singalong of 100,000 soles on a sunny Sunday afternoon then?

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Assuming Barbra Streisand is a no no, after Cher and Manilow, I think you probably are looking at someone like Duran Duran.

In true eFestivals fashion, we have now circled back to Duran Duran.

Hands up, who here has seen Le Bon and the lads? Also, if they bring in Nile Rodgers again, that'd be grand.

RE: Madonna, she has the biopic of her life filming at the moment. I expect once it's released it'll be the next Rocketman/Bohemian Rhapsody and she'll be very on trend and announcing huge tour runs. A legend slot would fit in with that sort of retrospective career vibe.

I can't see her doing the legends slot as part of a normal album/tour cycle as she's  normally very much in to looking forward not back.

Edited by ProperTea