2023 legend slot

ProperTea

12 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Would be the most sedate crowd for a Sunday Legend since Kenny Rogers. But that’s no bad thing. 

That was probably the last relaxing one. I am one of the people who doesn’t really like the hype of the legend slot. I think you should only go and see someone if you like them and not so you can take a selfie and say you saw the legend. 

The absolute best was Ray Davies when the football did the job of thinning the crowd out. 

22 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

There’s a few 80s acts who could do a great Legends slot. Tears for Fears have a few hits and Duran Duran could slay it. Problem there is they’re still releasing stuff and I think still see themselves as going concerns rather than having got to the ‘touring the hits round the nostalgia circuit’ stage.

Could a-ha do it, or are they too small?

Morten Harket definitely still has the pipes:

Depeche Mode is the 80s band that would absolutely kill it but given what happened with Fletch I'm not convinced that they will play another festival again.

They would be perfect though, they have more than enough hits. Although they are probably a band that works better at night rather than on a Sunday afternoon in the sunshine.

Enjoy the Silence would be incredible with that kind of audience though.

Edited by Isaact

27 minutes ago, Zacko said:

☹️

25 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Oh FFS

Essence of it is Reg describing the place as a “complete shit hole” and that he hates it with a passion. 

The one slither of hope is that it’s a conversation that happened years ago, so there’s a chance his position has altered. 

But it’s not the news we’d hoped for. 

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

He also told me a story about Elton which isn’t ideal for those of us hoping for a final hurrah on The Big One. 

Boooooo.

6 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Essence of it is Reg describing the place as a “complete shit hole” and that he hates it with a passion. 

The one slither of hope is that it’s a conversation that happened years ago, so there’s a chance his position has altered. 

But it’s not the news we’d hoped for. 

Definitely not.

Mind you, let's start placing bets for which provincial football stadium he's off to.