2023 legend slot

ProperTea

18 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Bryan Adams would absolutely smash it if they wanted to go for something slightly different than your Dolly/Lionel/Kylie etc. 

Said this a few back, and will very happily echo again.

Can't Stop This Thing We Started
Run to You
Somebody
Shine a Light
Heaven
It's Only Love
The Only Thing That Looks Good on Me is You
Thought I'd Died and Gone to Heaven
Here I Am
When You're Gone
(Everything I Do) I Do It for You
18 'til I Die
Summer of '69
Cuts Like a Knife
All for Love

(Thought I'd Died and Gone to Heaven is seldom played, but I just darn love it.)

Edited by NorthernSoul52

The Rock for the Dads slot sort of fizzled out after Motorhead and ZZ Top. Obviously it was due to stage a comeback this year in the guise of Aerosmith but for me it should coexist with the Sunday Teatime, not be absorbed into it.

Shopping list should be:

Aerosmith

Alice Cooper

Def Leppard 

Judas Priest

The Cult

The Groover from Vancouver

etc

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah - he could easily rock up to the Pyramid and do his show without it being the main event.

My formula for success is to get Bryan Adams and Cher for different slots on the same weekend.

Anything to stave off the threat of Take That or Robbie for another year. 

Looking at Cher's discography and setlist from 2019 tour, I dunno tbh. There's obvs a couple of big songs in there, but I reckon there would be quite a bit of filler. 

The shorter 2019 set (closer to what she'd get on sunday teatime) had no Gypsies Tramps & Thieves, Jesse James, Love & Understanding, or One By One. Quite a few ABBA covers.

The finishing run of songs would be decent, but I dunno as it would be one for the ages unless she tweaked it slightly.

9 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Said this a few back, and will very happily echo again.

Can't Stop This Thing We Started
Run to You
Somebody
Shine a Light
Heaven
It's Only Love
The Only Thing That Looks Good on Me is You
Thought I'd Died and Gone to Heaven
Here I Am
When You're Gone
(Everything I Do) I Do It for You
18 'til I Die
Summer of '69
Cuts Like a Knife
All for Love

(Thought I'd Died and Gone to Heaven is seldom played, but I just darn love it.)

Yep. Needs to be booked while he’s still got the chops, whether in the Legends Slot or elsewhere. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

Looking at Cher's discography and setlist from 2019 tour, I dunno tbh. There's obvs a couple of big songs in there, but I reckon there would be quite a bit of filler. 

The shorter 2019 set (closer to what she'd get on sunday teatime) had no Gypsies Tramps & Thieves, Jesse James, Love & Understanding, or One By One. Quite a few ABBA covers.

The finishing run of songs would be decent, but I dunno as it would be one for the ages unless she tweaked it slightly.

Yeah - would need to be the right setlist. Wouldn't even mind a couple of ABBA covers, although assume they were associated with her appearance in the Mama Mia sequel.

(Diana Ross doing I Will Survive was on paper an odd choice but had people going batshit in the moment)

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah - would need to be the right setlist. Wouldn't even mind a couple of ABBA covers, although assume they were associated with her appearance in the Mama Mia sequel.

(Diana Ross doing I Will Survive was on paper an odd choice but had people going batshit in the moment)

DiRo does that every time. I was hoping she'd drop it for one of her own, but never mind!

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

ELO did it despite only having one song deeply rooted in normie culture, and you can guarantee Cher would be a hell of a lot more fun than that was. 

5 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

ELO did it despite only having one song deeply rooted in normie culture, and you can guarantee Cher would be a hell of a lot more fun than that was. 

Oh I'm not saying she couldn't do it.  Even with the recent setlist the last 4 songs ago would be, to quote Calgon, taps aff territory. But to make the whole thing be a bona fide classic it would need some tweaks.

Fresh from that Elton John bombshell, let him bury the hatchet - and bring Billy Joel down for a Sunday afternoon!

Miami 2017 (Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway)
The Entertainer
My Life
The Longest Time
Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)
New York State of Mind
She's Always a Woman
It's Still Rock and Roll to Me
The River of Dreams
Uptown Girl
Scenes From an Italian Restaurant
Piano Man
You May Be Right
We Didn't Start the Fire
Only the Good Die Young

Very tasty. Alas, imagine fees and ego would facilitate anything other than a headline request.

6 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Fresh from that Elton John bombshell, let him bury the hatchet - and bring Billy Joel down for a Sunday afternoon!

Miami 2017 (Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway)
The Entertainer
My Life
The Longest Time
Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)
New York State of Mind
She's Always a Woman
It's Still Rock and Roll to Me
The River of Dreams
Uptown Girl
Scenes From an Italian Restaurant
Piano Man
You May Be Right
We Didn't Start the Fire
Only the Good Die Young

Very tasty. Alas, imagine fees and ego would facilitate anything other than a headline request.

Yeah considering that he consistently sells out the likes of Madison Square Garden five times over any time he tours the U.S. I can’t see him ever accepting anything other than headliner, which of course he won’t be offered. Shame though as that set you’ve posted would be an all timer for the legends slot. 

Would be happy for a Cher or Billy Joel Sunday set. Or maybe Carol King ( with James Taylor dropping by) 

or for Uk legends possibly Sir Tom as he is getting on a bit now - I know he has done it before but he at least can still sing! I can’t think of any other serious Uk options unless they went for the group option - Spice Girls, Take That etc 

Funnily enough this came up on my Facebook memories today from 2016 - some have been fulfilled, some have dropped off the radar but nothing really new to add to others' suggestions:

Elton
Diana Ross
Cliff
George Michael
Barry Gibb
Billy Joel
Phil Collins 
Tina Turner
Cher
Kylie
Chic

2 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Funnily enough this came up on my Facebook memories today from 2016 - some have been fulfilled, some have dropped off the radar but nothing really new to add to others' suggestions:

Elton
Diana Ross
Cliff
George Michael
Barry Gibb
Billy Joel
Phil Collins 
Tina Turner
Cher
Kylie
Chic

Cliff it is.

...a reunited Roxy Music, anyone? Dates across the back end of the year.

Street Life
Pyjamarama
More Than This
Jealous Guy
In Every Dream Home a Heartache
Love is the Drug
Out of the Blue
Do the Strand
Oh Yeah
Same Old Scene
Dance Away
Virginia Plain
Over You
Let's Stick Together
Avalon
Editions of You

16 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

...a reunited Roxy Music, anyone? Dates across the back end of the year.

I think this is a good shout. Although think we are more likely to end up with the Spice Girls next year.

Annie Lennox, has also been mentioned, does she still tour?

18 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Elton
Diana Ross
Cliff
George Michael
Barry Gibb
Billy Joel
Phil Collins 
Tina Turner
Cher
Kylie
Chic

looking at others, who I don’t think have already played Glastonbury. I don’t want some of these , but how about -

Culture Club

Erasure

Duran Duran

Donovan (might be better on Acoustic stage)

Spandau Ballet 

The B-52s

John Lydon

Sam Moore (although at 86, probably not)

Eric Burdon (only a year older than Paul McCartney)

Roger McGuinn - (think he might have played already and again probably best on the acoustic stage. Still all those Byrds songs would be lovely).

The Human League 

Tears for Fears

23 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Rock for the Dads slot sort of fizzled out after Motorhead and ZZ Top. Obviously it was due to stage a comeback this year in the guise of Aerosmith but for me it should coexist with the Sunday Teatime, not be absorbed into it.

Shopping list should be:

Aerosmith

Alice Cooper

Def Leppard 

Judas Priest

The Cult

The Groover from Vancouver

etc

Brain Adams has also been discussed. To add to above soft rock options -

Bon Jovi 

Deep Purple 

Journey (have songs used in Stranger Things season 4)

Boston

Kiss

Eagles