2023 legend slot

ProperTea

8 minutes ago, marcoolio said:

It's also worth noting that Kylie's career in the charts spans 4 decades (1980's - 2010's), while the Spice Girls' spans 4 years (1996-2000).

I'd also point out that Kylie had previous unfinished business with the Festival which added to the overall package.

I'm pretty confident in saying that if she hadn't been booked for 2005, or if she'd not been forced to pull out through cancer, then she wouldn't have been given that position in 2019. She probably would have got the nod eventually, but not for at least another 10 years.

+1 for Billy Joel.  Would be top bombing, just think of the setlist possibilities...

My Life
An Innocent Man
Movin' Out
New York State Of Mind
She's Always A Woman
River Of Dreams
Scenes From An Italian Restaurant
Piano Man
We Didn't Start the Fire
Uptown Girl
Still Rock & Roll To Me

Maybe far too recent but Bruno Mars? Or would he headline? 

Just the Way You Are

Talking to the Moon

Locked Out of Heaven

Grenade

24K Magic

Smokin Out the Window (guest with Andersoon Paak and SS)

Leave the Door Open (guest with Andersoon Paak and SS)

That's What I Like

Marry You

When I Was Your Man

11 minutes ago, Quark said:

+1 for Billy Joel.  Would be top bombing, just think of the setlist possibilities...

My Life
An Innocent Man
Movin' Out
New York State Of Mind
She's Always A Woman
River Of Dreams
Scenes From An Italian Restaurant
Piano Man
We Didn't Start the Fire
Uptown Girl
Still Rock & Roll To Me

Vienna. Fucking Vienna.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Andy0808 v5 said:

Piano man on the pyramid would be unreal.  Does Joel often come round these ways?

No idea tbh. Also got no idea what he's like in terms of ego, perception of Glastonbury and all that good stuff. But it's not necessarily one that anyone would have expected Diana Ross to be up for a few years ago, so who knows?

Aerosmith, Spice Girls or Cher for next year i think. Could very much see Cher or Spice girls in the Legends, with Taylor headlining the same day.

Would LOVE Billy Joel

What about someone like Andrea Bocelli? Never see him as a name mentioned! Imagine "Time to say Goodbye" being belted out 

Others:

Kate Bush, Stevie Nicks (not sure on this one, as i think they will always hold out hope for full FM), Celine Dion, Roger Waters, Madonna (more likely full headline), Eagles (again headline more likely), Sting/ The Police, Ozzy, Bon Jovi, Phil Collins/ Genesis, ABBA

Got LOADS to keep them stocked for the next few years. 

Or it will be Coldplay.... 😬 

4 hours ago, Quark said:

No idea tbh. Also got no idea what he's like in terms of ego, perception of Glastonbury and all that good stuff. But it's not necessarily one that anyone would have expected Diana Ross to be up for a few years ago, so who knows?

He’s big mates with macca and the boss so if anyone can convince him it’s a good gig it’s them two.