2023 legend slot

ProperTea

21 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Why would anyone want Clapton after all his shit he has said lately anyway.

what has he said lately....? his facism stuff was 30 years ago.

33 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Santana would  need to be guest heavy. Why would anyone want Clapton after all his shit he has said lately anyway.

Clapton has been the same for decades, and plenty of people who say 'shit' get booked all the time...

Santana wouldn't need to be guest heavy - he plays all the hits just with his band, a la Chic.

30 minutes ago, Neil said:

what has he said lately....? his facism stuff was 30 years ago.

Recently it's just been anti-vax stuff with Van Morrison and that hasn't harmed Van Morrison's chances of playing. He's a horrible guy so hopefully he never will play though. 

On 3/8/2022 at 9:50 AM, Hugh Jass II said:

Aerosmith undoubtedly have the name and chops to do it.

Just depends how keen the festival are to go "rock" for this slot, or whether they'd rather keep it as a pop focused slot.

The ELO debacle must still loom large.

We loved the ELO performance! It was what our parents played all the time when we were kids so we knew every word and were singing/dancing our little socks off. Maybe we just made our own party though, if the general consensus is that it was bad... 🤔 🤷‍♀️

10 hours ago, incident said:

It's a straight up fact that the worst song ever is Barbie Girl by Aqua.

Closely followed by that new Fontaines DC one.

Try the new Machine Gun Kelly song (emo girl) it puts those to shame.

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Might be a great springboard for Britney Spears to relaunch, following her conservatorship unpleasantness. Ticks all the boxes for the legend/teatime slot 

I don’t see it. Tbh I’m sure touring is the last thing on her mind right now and I’m sure she just wants to live her life a little, but also she’s hardly known for being a great live vocalist and more or less mimes for most of her sets iirc (or at least has the backing track turned wayyy up). She’d obviously go down a storm regardless, but I don’t see the festival making moves to get her any time soon - maybe further down the line when she’s a bit more road-tested and back at it properly.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I don’t see it. Tbh I’m sure touring is the last thing on her mind right now and I’m sure she just wants to live her life a little, but also she’s hardly known for being a great live vocalist and more or less mimes for most of her sets iirc (or at least has the backing track turned wayyy up). She’d obviously go down a storm regardless, but I don’t see the festival making moves to get her any time soon - maybe further down the line when she’s a bit more road-tested and back at it properly.

Didn't seem to be an issue for Dolly! 

You're probably right, though. That said, it's another 15 months away, she might fancy it by then...

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah she’s just broken away from a contract which requires intense touring etc and control I really can’t see her walking into another one anytime soon.

Perhaps a one off show at somewhere like Coachella but not a world tour yet.