2023 legend slot

ProperTea

8 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Tears for Fears?

It's actually quite hard to think of viable options for it. Could Britney eventually get the call? 

Eventually, but I don’t think Britney will hit the road any time soon. 

Pink would be a good modern act to do it. 

As much as I’d love it to be Carole I think they may shake it up a bit. Was ELO the last “band” we had do it?

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Duran Duran have the perfect mix of nostalgia, cheese, camp, party vibes and an Arsenal of crowd pleasing mega-bangers that most people know.

They would smash it into next century.

I completely agree with you. Then again, I saw them in Birmingham last year (little warmup show at the O2 Institute) and the crowd were like statues. Even during Girls on Film i hardly saw anyone dancing. Sad!

40 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Eventually, but I don’t think Britney will hit the road any time soon. 

Pink would be a good modern act to do it. 

As much as I’d love it to be Carole I think they may shake it up a bit. Was ELO the last “band” we had do it?

Christina would be a decent shout to do it first imo, she could do with the publicity boost at this point...

Shania would also be a great call if they can pull it off

If we are still thinking 80s though, it's gotta be Hall & Oates for me

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Shania Twain 

Get her off the Vegas residency and you got a winner. Saw the show just last week and it was excellent. Fit in all the songs you would wanna hear in an hour 45 minutes, and that was including taking time to talk to fans and take photos plus 5 costume changes so you just might have to trim 4 songs to get it down to 80 ish mins.

Duran Duran makes way too much sense and those guys know they can nail it, but still got some ego since they keep playing hyde park.

Britney would be a bad idea, she would mime 90% of the time. Thats what you want? And she isnt gonna perform anywhere anytime soon. She wants to have another kid and go scorched earth on her family first.

Christina doesnt need the publicity, but she would very much put on a great performance. And would be the youngest legend at barely  age 42. Is that how much the festival has to stretch on getting an artist to be a ''legend''?

They didnt even book Janet Jackson as a legend and she had that catalog to do it.

Edited by Suprefan

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Duran Duran have the perfect mix of nostalgia, cheese, camp, party vibes and an Arsenal of crowd pleasing mega-bangers that most people know.

They would smash it into next century.

Apparently there has been communication between the two parties. No idea what they were offered, but ‘they are being divas, and insisting on headlining’. Was told this around their album launch last Sep.