Resale Odds

leonaves

8 minutes ago, Neil said:

i reckon theres a better chance of getting tix in this resale than normal. its helped that the lineup announcement was fairly low-key.

Contrary to my earlier post I think you might be right. In any resale you’ll always have the hardcore types from here that missed out, they’re a given and that number will be fairly consistent every year. If the lineup had then had a mega band on it like the stones or something (as an example) then you’d probably get a ton of of people trying and registering before resale.

It’s a good lineup, but for the average joe on the street it’s probably the most obscure lineup (bar Macca) for years, plus there has been minimal fanfare from the festival. For the youguns who know more of the lineup there has been no TV coverage for a couple of years to get them interested in the first place.

Essentially there are definitely going to be more tickets in the pot (even if it’s only another 5/10%) but probably no more than the usual hardcore that would be trying anyway, give or take.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

14 minutes ago, Neil said:

i reckon theres a better chance of getting tix in this resale than normal. its helped that the lineup announcement was fairly low-key.

Yes, I agree. I can't remember the festival throwing out so many balance payment reminders on social media like they did this year. My view is that uptake is less than anticipated, 2 1/2 years is long enough for personal circumstances to change in any case, let alone what we've all been through. It'll sell out of course, but not as quickly as it would have, had the resale been in 2020 or 2021. Am I right in thinking that there wasn't going to be a resale for 2020?

Once again, I really think it'll be a case of, if you really want to go, you'll find a way to get there.

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers

17 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

2 1/2 years is long enough for personal circumstances to change in any case, let alone what we've all been through.

yeah, mine changed hugely, and that caused two tickets to go back from here, just got given a carer's ticket too which covers one of the ones that have gone back).

I don’t see there being less demand, yes more might be back in because of new children, change of jobs, circumstances etc but that’s natural after such a long time. I bet it’s still all sold out within 10 minutes on the Sunday and sadly there will be lots of disappointed people.

I know of 2 people who went in 2019 but decided against 2020 but due to the delay are both back in, plus my wife doesn’t have a ticket when she normally would as our son would have only been 3 months old in 2020 (I’m very lucky she encouraged me to still get one) so she is back in the game with the grandparents lined up

10 minutes ago, Barneym said:

I don’t see there being less demand, yes more might be back in because of new children, change of jobs, circumstances etc but that’s natural after such a long time. I bet it’s still all sold out within 10 minutes on the Sunday and sadly there will be lots of disappointed people.

I know of 2 people who went in 2019 but decided against 2020 but due to the delay are both back in, plus my wife doesn’t have a ticket when she normally would as our son would have only been 3 months old in 2020 (I’m very lucky she encouraged me to still get one) so she is back in the game with the grandparents lined up

Oh of course, demand will outstrip supply my quite some margin. I think however that given how much the sale infrastructure can cope with on normal sale or resale day, demand could drop by a half or more and you’d still see 30/10 minute sale regardless. Even if it’s  4x oversubscribed and it dropped to 2x oversubscribed tickets would still sell as quickly as people could enter their details at 9am.

Ultimately the odds will still be against everyone trying, tickets will still go in about 10 minutes, but the odds will still be slightly better than previous recent resales. 

34 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

If there's less demand, what's the main driving force:

The line-up

Cost

Some remaining Covid fears (One of our gang has dropped out because of his wife's concerns)

Plenty have now 'done' Glastonbury, a tick off their bucket list

...etc?

For the people who've 'done' glastonbury theres 2 years worth of people who missed 'doing' glastonbury so I don't think this will make much of a difference, if anything add to the number.

3 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It’s a good lineup, but for the average joe on the street it’s probably the most obscure lineup (bar Macca) for years, plus there has been minimal fanfare from the festival. For the youguns who know more of the lineup there has been no TV coverage for a couple of years to get them interested in the first place.

Another thing to consider is a lot of festivals are sold out already - Boomtown, Boardmasters, Creamfields and R&L are all sold out - the 2nd-6th largest weekend camping festivals in the country (i think?). Boomtown, Reading and Boardmasters especially are all pretty close by to Glastonbury so people may give glastonbury a go due to not being able to go to these.

Regarding young people with my group only me and 1 other person were like huge on the idea on glastonbury - everyone else needed a bit of convincing. Its hardly the rite of passage for young people like R&L is

Edited by gfa

For the tickets that are actually available am I right in thinking it's worked out like the below.

Total: 135,000

-20,000 Coach tickets

-xxx Local area full weekend tickets

-xxx Locals Sunday tickets

- xxx Pilton resident's tickets (could these be in the crew allocation as they're free?)

-xxx allocation for children under 13 (they don't know how many will actually turn up until the day so they'll have to allocate a proportion of the capacity to them, do these come out of general sale or "crew" allocation?)

= General sale tickets available 90,000 (ish).

Putting that all down I'm amazed anyone actually managed to get tickets. 🤣

Edited by Leyrulion

8 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

I'll be trying for 4 in the resale. 1 of our previous group didn't pay up so roughly a 10% drop off from me 

Think there'll be more available but demand probably just as high

PM me the details, you very kindly sorted me out way back in the first sale.

I'm in the resale spreadsheet pot for Mrs J, but if we can get everyone sorted nice and quickly I'll happily try for you if I get through.

14 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

For the tickets that are actually available am I right in thinking it's worked out like the below.

Total: 135,000

-20,000 Coach tickets

-xxx Local area full weekend tickets

-xxx Locals Sunday tickets

- xxx Pilton resident's tickets (could these be in the crew allocation as they're free?)

-xxx allocation for children under 13 (they don't know how many will actually turn up until the day so they'll have to allocate a proportion of the capacity to them, do these come out of general sale or "crew" allocation?)

= General sale tickets available 90,000 (ish).

Putting that all down I'm amazed anyone actually managed to get tickets. 🤣

Broadly, speaking, yes, but I think you're way low on the number hitting general sale.

The 5,000 Locals Sunday tickets are a separate thing with their own allocation. Any other locals tickets count against the 135,000, but the numbers on those are tiny.

Kids under 13 and Hospitality are part of the of the crew (or to be more exact, non public) allocation.

After the most recent increase the licence says that there can be up to 142,000 public tickets sold (not including u13 or sunday) total - we still don't know for sure either way if the extra 7,000 went on sale or not but I'm inclined to think they did. The festival announced 22,000 coach tickets had been sold in the October 2019 sale.

I reckon about 22,000 in the Coach and ~115,000 in the General October 2019 sales.

Edited by incident

We've had to put one back in the pot but I am trying for three people at the moment.

I think the last two years have made people rethink their priorities a lot, and that accounts for us losing ticket and one other person who just decided to give it a miss this year.

I'm expecting 15-20k back in the resale (inc coach). 

34 minutes ago, waltere said:

I'm pretty sure Download is actually the 2nd biggest

I thought DL and Reading where similar sizes?

Did people not get the chance to return their tickets when 2020 AND 2021 got cancelled? I imagine a few people put their tickets in around that time as well with change of plans/other plans happening the following (2) years.

53 minutes ago, waltere said:

I'm pretty sure Download is actually the 2nd biggest

Completely forgot Download

19 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I thought DL and Reading where similar sizes?

Did people not get the chance to return their tickets when 2020 AND 2021 got cancelled? I imagine a few people put their tickets in around that time as well with change of plans/other plans happening the following (2) years.

Download never gets close to selling out anyway i thought?

Either way its 5/7 of the biggest weekend festivals sold out.

Just now, gfa said:

Completely forgot Download

Download never gets close to selling out anyway i thought?

Either way its 5/7 of the biggest weekend festivals sold out.

Yup, 2019 you could get tickets pretty much 2 weeks before as a friend from work did just that. 

As for this year, demand seems to be a bit middling for Download just due to the genres/acts but thats it every year 

I wonder if there's a fair amount of Glasto goers who bought tickets to European festivals such as Primavera instead of bothering with the resale as well? Chance to tie in much needed sun + a festival after two years out?

Saying that, I got a ticket for Primavera but will look to sell it on if I get lucky in the Glasto resale.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

PM me the details, you very kindly sorted me out way back in the first sale.

I'm in the resale spreadsheet pot for Mrs J, but if we can get everyone sorted nice and quickly I'll happily try for you if I get through.

Legend, will do once I've confirmed who wants them, if the numbers work I'll try for Mrs j as well. Glad your lot all got sorted 

1 minute ago, a6l6e6x said:

Legend, will do once I've confirmed who wants them, if the numbers work I'll try for Mrs j as well. Glad your lot all got sorted 

Need to triple check everyone has paid from my group. I know five out of the six did, just waiting for the last one to confirm.

11 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Will also help that it's happening on Mothers' Day, which may lead to a lot of casual punters forgetting/getting distracted.

Don't understand why that would make any difference old son.. Personally