Refund after full ticket balance payment

AmazingAbby

Hello 

Just wondering if anyone had experienced getting a refund after paying the full ticket balance? The website states you can apply for a full refund until 6th May but it's not something I've ever done. My boyfriend might have to go on tour for work (he's a sound tech) but it's not fully confirmed yet. I obviously want to be mad but the pandemic screwed his job over for so long it's hard to not be happy for him 😞 Don't want to risk not paying then find out we can go but also nearly £500 is a lot of money to risk losing. Also don't want to be selfish and pay for a ticket I might not use which could have gone in resale. Possibly the worst decision ever! 

1 hour ago, AmazingAbby said:

Hello 

Just wondering if anyone had experienced getting a refund after paying the full ticket balance? The website states you can apply for a full refund until 6th May but it's not something I've ever done. My boyfriend might have to go on tour for work (he's a sound tech) but it's not fully confirmed yet. I obviously want to be mad but the pandemic screwed his job over for so long it's hard to not be happy for him 😞 Don't want to risk not paying then find out we can go but also nearly £500 is a lot of money to risk losing. Also don't want to be selfish and pay for a ticket I might not use which could have gone in resale. Possibly the worst decision ever! 

I don't have personal experience of this, but anecdotally from here & other places where Glastonbury is discussed lots of people take it as read you can get a refund up to 6th May (Minus the £25 admin fee). Don't recall ever seeing anyone complain they weren't able to get a refund, so if that's in line with what the website says then I would have thought you'll be fine... albeit a bit gutted. 

And as for wasting the ticket, I think there is a micro-resale after the 6th May for refunded tickets - so someone will still get to benefit from it 🙂

Hope you get it worked out one way or another, I don't envy you the decision!

ETA: If you decide to go ahead with the balance payment, I'd suggest contacting See tickets to confirm exactly how you need to request a refund and by when - so you don't miss the opportunity. It would be good to know this before you pay the balance really, but if you haven't contacted them already I doubt they'll get back to you within the next 8 hours. ☹️

Edited by jimmillen

Copied from the GF official info:

If you are unable to come to the Festival, and require a refund for your ticket, please contact See Tickets by emailing glastonbury@seetickets.com or at www.seetickets.com/customerservice before midnight Friday May 6th 2022 to log your request for a refund.

A £25 administration charge will be retained from all refunded tickets.

An additional £10 administration charge will be retained from any cancelled coach packages. (£25 ticket cancellation fee + £10 coach cancellation fee).

System works. Had previous experience.

• 2 months later...
32 minutes ago, Charliehmiller said:

Similar to the above, my partner may not be able to come to Glastonbury now and wants to know if there's anything she can do about a refund?

I know it's past May 6th so not looking likely, ant thoughts? 

Cheers 

She’d need a compelling reason, then appeal to See/Glastonbury through the usual contact channels. If it’s medical, a bereavement or something similarly serious then maybe, if she can support it with evidence. Anything else, no. 

1 hour ago, Charliehmiller said:

Similar to the above, my partner may not be able to come to Glastonbury now and wants to know if there's anything she can do about a refund?

Cheers 

Unless your partner has taken out the insurance offered when purchasing the ticket and their reason for not attending is recognised within the terms of the insurance policy, the answer is no I'm afraid. 

8 hours ago, Charliehmiller said:

Cheers 

Worst comes to worst flog it on twitter. Heaps of my friends have bought tickets off randomers in the past, theres loads of people that will pay anything to get in.

• 1 year later...

Hey, figured I would ask on this old thread.... 

I am wondering if I go for tickets in the resell and I fail to bag the 6 I need, could I request a refund? 

Because the limit is 4 and I need 6 for my family there a chance I could only get 4 (slim chance getting any I know) I which case I rather not go at all then pick which of my kids and their partners to leave behind if that makes sense? 

5 minutes ago, CurlyPutz said:

I am wondering if I go for tickets in the resell and I fail to bag the 6 I need, could I request a refund? 

Because the limit is 4 and I need 6 for my family there a chance I could only get 4 (slim chance getting any I know) I which case I rather not go at all then pick which of my kids and their partners to leave behind if that makes sense? 

Yes you can, here is a screenshot and a link to the full ticket information page. Remember that you will need to pay in full to book. 🙂https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/

Screenshot_20231123-140446.png

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CurlyPutz said:

If you're doing it like that, might be better to buy a group of 2 first, and then the group of 4 to complete it - as you'll incur a 25 quid loss on each cancelled ticket.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, incident said:

If you're doing it like that, might be better to buy a group of 2 first, and then the group of 4 to complete it - as you'll incur a 25 quid loss on each cancelled ticket.

Was thinking the same and great advice as seems to be your standard 😊