Jump to content

Ban flags in front of the stages


guypjfreak
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Takes the fun out of it though 

I like it when lots of random people wave back adding to the confusion 

And doing that stupid bird thing with their hand 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/14/2022 at 1:28 PM, gfa said:

I meant for when your in the middle of the pyramid/other crowd during busy acts. Bar entrances usually do for me when it comes to finding people outside the crowd or whatever

That's what I meant though. The festival could put some high flags throughout the Pyramid field that you could use to navigate to find people in the main stage crowds. They would solve that without leading to a sea at the front obstructing everyone's view. Also they won't suddenly wander off if they get bored mid-set.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/14/2022 at 1:28 PM, gfa said:

I meant for when your in the middle of the pyramid/other crowd during busy acts. Bar entrances usually do for me when it comes to finding people outside the crowd or whatever

Get a big long bit of string. The person going to the toilet holds one end, the person staying in the crowd holds the other. Ez game.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the people 30 paces away from a tree who tell their friend on a phone 'I'm near the tree'. Must be thousands of people in that circumference area alone lmao.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I beg to differ. I always thought it was 'Bollocks, a hinty w*nk'. 

Took the bad language down.. Ti's the cider 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

I like the people 30 paces away from a tree who tell their friend on a phone 'I'm near the tree'. Must be thousands of people in that circumference area alone lmao.

I'm next to the a really tall bloke with a ruck sack on.... 

Personally never found it hard finding everyone after a piss.. 

Only time that happened was at a RHCP gig in London where I got so annoyed I gave up and went to the disabled platform and boogied with them till the end.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Took the bad language down.. Ti's the cider 

It's odd that I can drink oceans of G & T's, and do do that very same thing, but not get mental pissed. Then just about 3 pints of real ale gets me very merry. I'd quite like to get to the stage where I can drink a gallon of the stuff without shitting myself! Then, once the 8th pint has gone down, it will be 'TIME'. Time to call everyone a c**t! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

I'm next to the a really tall bloke with a ruck sack on.... 

Personally never found it hard finding everyone after a piss.. 

Only time that happened was at a RHCP gig in London where I got so annoyed I gave up and went to the disabled platform and boogied with them till the end.. 

If I have to leave my girlfriend in a massive crowd, I can always find her straight away, maybe cuz I have an innate sense of direction, maybe cuz she's got orange hair. If I can't find a mate after 5 minutes, I see that as fate and get on with my day. Lost a mate when he went for a wazz during the opening act once. Didn't see him again until the headliner, when he showed up wearing another person's coat. Both of us likely had a better festival for not being together.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

If I have to leave my girlfriend in a massive crowd, I can always find her straight away, maybe cuz I have an innate sense of direction, maybe cuz she's got orange hair. If I can't find a mate after 5 minutes, I see that as fate and get on with my day. Lost a mate when he went for a wazz during the opening act once. Didn't see him again until the headliner, when he showed up wearing another person's coat. Both of us likely had a better festival for not being together.

If I lose the wife I literally walk around shouting 

WIFFFFFFE 

I get so strange looks but it's lovely when Mrs freak all 5foot of her suddenly turns up and says 

Yes husband.. Hears your drink lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 3/7/2022 at 1:23 PM, stuie said:

Depends if you want Glastonbury to become the same as 'most festivals'.

Most festivals have an arena and a campsite.  Most festivals have stage sponsorship.   Most festivals don't let you walk around drinking your own booze for 5 days. 

Most festivals aren't as good. 

 

Went to every Glastonbury from 1994 to 2016 and back this year after failing in the last two ballots, and agree completely. The excessive flags ruin the Pyramid stage for me. Apart from that there's very little I'd change and we're very lucky to have the festival. But the flags at the Pyramid mean most of the thousands of people in attendance can't see the stage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Noooo I Love the flags, they're an iconic part of the pyramid stage!! I never take one (can't be bothered to carry it around all day) but they're great fun to read! If you're back behind the flags then it's not like you can't see much anyway, don't know what the problem is...

If you don't like being behind them then march to the front like I do!! 🤣🤘🏼

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Noooo I Love the flags, they're an iconic part of the pyramid stage!! I never take one (can't be bothered to carry it around all day) but they're great fun to read! If you're back behind the flags then it's not like you can't see much anyway, don't know what the problem is...

If you don't like being behind them then march to the front like I do!! 🤣🤘🏼

Couldn’t agree more the pyramid without flags is like curry without rice 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

lets hope the new screens bring a better quality experience which will hopefully negate the bloody flags at the Pyramid. Bigger screens should improve the view for everyone. 

New screens?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly I think the reality is that most people outside of these forums don’t mind a good flag and I am with them. There’s etiquette to adhere to in my opinion including 1 flag per pole but their addition to the atmosphere and assistance in locating friends cannot be disputed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Leyrulion said:

Flags aren't the problem, I'm actually more worried about an increase in smoke flares. They seem more prevalent at football matches this season and I really hope that isn't a trend that carries over. 

 

THIS! 2019 there were enough at lots of stages. I expect this to be worse this year.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...