Ban flags in front of the stages

guypjfreak

2 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Top one.

You're missing the apostrophe on Pierce O'Brien's Barmy Army.

You don't want people thinking you're illiterate. 

Afraid that’s @the wonderwhy’s fault. He made the original flag and unfortunately his brain doesn’t work very well.

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

When did the chairs start to really become an issue?

I can't recall them at festivals much before 2003 and perhaps over the next couple of years they started to become a feature at main stages.

At Beautiful Days last year they were a real pain, trying to get to the bar and having to weave in and out of massive rows of chairs/blankets etc was very irritating.

Ae you saying Levellers fans are old AF?

Me? Pro flag. 

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

But if it’s not in some way spelt incorrectly, is it an EDL flag at all?

It does look worryingly EDL. The sort of thing that gets carried through a provincial town centre when there's no football on.

Edited by Hugh Jass II

After 3 years of not being there, I can safely say, when the time comes, I will not give a shit about flags.  The more the merrier. 

Fuck carrying one around, that's not for me.  If you are inclined to do so, crack right on and fly your flag proudly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Need to ban people that get all pissy about you moving past them in a crowd tbh 

This is the absolute worst - such a pain trying to get near the barrier past heaps of people who have no intention of going in any further (which is fine) but are also not allowing others to when theres tons of space.

Edited by gfa

The only times I've ever had an issue with it is when its either A. Blocking the screens. Which putting a ban on in the front area wouldn't stop and B. When I'm stood next to 2-3 of them during a headline set in the front barrier, thats the worst. 

I'd say a ban on blankets/chairs in the front barrier would be the easiest option to do, it helps movement and stops crushe Eg, people not being able to walk even NEAR people with blankets and having to stop and then walk around them does nothign for the flow of movement when people are trying to get in and out. 

During Kylie we were on the left of the sound desk and a lady had set up a large picnic blanket(4 people could sit on it easily), with a bag of booze, sat down on it with shoes off waiting for people to come. They never arrived and she kept sat on the blanket the whole set looking miserable, checking her phone, the only time she got up was when a guy came out of the sound desk area and into the crowd and accidently stood on her blanket, so she stood up and started shouting at him. Why are you even at the festival if that's your attitude. 

1 minute ago, gfa said:

This is the absolute worst - such a pain trying to get near the barrier past heaps of people who have no intention of going in any further (which is fine) but are also not allowing others to when theres tons of space.

Yup, this is another pet peeve. People assuming you're gonna stand in front of them and that they have a 'right' to their spot, 100 yards away from the stage. Once you're in the barrier, its fair game I will ask people, but anywhere outside of that nah. 

33 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

It does look worryingly EDL. The sort of thing that gets carried through a provincial town centre when there's no football on.

That's the England flag in general though, which is unfortunate. 

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

Yup, this is another pet peeve. People assuming you're gonna stand in front of them and that they have a 'right' to their spot, 100 yards away from the stage. Once you're in the barrier, its fair game I will ask people, but anywhere outside of that nah. 

We had a bit of an incident just before Arctic Monkeys in 2013.

There was about 20 of us stood together waiting for them to come on and a mate of ours who'd been in a different part of the site watching something else was struggling to find us in the crowd. So I spoke to him on the phone told him to get by an ice cream van we could both see and I would collect him, all worked fine but by the time we got back to our crowd AM were due on within about 2-3 minutes so the crowd had swelled.

We weaved our way through everyone and then finally just about got to our crowd and this group of people (who sounded like they were from Yorkshire) had in the meantime since i had gone to collect our mate stood behind our crowd, I tapped one guy on the shoulder asking if we could get through and he told me to 'fuck off mate, I'm not moving anymore for anyone' and I think he was trying to protect his good view, I tried to explain that our group were stood in front of him but he and his two mates then deliberately made a human shield so we couldn't pass and when I tried to go round them they kept moving in front of us.

Eventually my mate got pissed off with it and pushed me very hard into them and the guy who had sworn at me then swung at me shouting because we had knocked his cool box and stood on his girlfriends blanket.

We then both had to stand at the front of our group away from them for the entire set as he continued to give verbal's during the set despite people from both parties trying to calm him down.

Ridiculous.