Discovered acts from the line up you’ve never heard before

kalifire

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2022 at 8:50 PM, Watergirl said:

Am listening to @Brave Sir Robin's playlist and really liking Hamish Hawk, whom I don't know.

Seems he was self-confirming in Feb/Mar, but now no longer on any of the lists....

Just discovered him 24 hours ago and I'm obsessed, playing Rockaway Beach in January so decided to have a listen, can't believe he hasn't had more exposure, terrific vocalist and songwriter, great on his own or with his band, really wonderful stuff.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Carried on discovering stuff even while there (the whole point I guess!)

Biggest discovery - Lynks. Decided to go to the 'secret' bit of the Rabbit Hole on Friday night, one of the best times I had the whole festival, and Lynks was AMAZING. On the picnic table stage (?) SUPER energetic, with hilarious and relevant lyrics and fab backing dancers. Even my film studies straight boyfriend was pissing himself laughing at "poor little straight boy, nobody cares that you've watched pulp fiction"

Glad we saw them!

Sama' Abduladhi. I find I've got to be really in the right mood for techno, and fortunately I was. Her Greenpeace set was great, hugely helped by watching her in the booth and seeing how much she was into what she was doing. Definitely not going through the motions, great fun.

52 minutes ago, GmasterWomble said:

Yves Tumor... Just walked past on the saturday to find food and was hooked for the entire set. Great voice and amazingly talented band, love Glasto for moments like that.  

Yes! What a sound and what a look! I really wasn't feeling well enough to get fully involved,  so thankfully they're playing Green Man and I get a do-over

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jimmillen said:

Caught The Little Unsaid in the Bimble Inn on Thursday - purely on the basis of hearing one song from them on @Brave Sir Robin’s playlist and liking it.

Really enjoyable set, talented band and the frontman is bonkers in a good way. 🙂 

Defo going to listen properly to some of their stuff now. 

Oh he’s got a great voice, discovered him at Small World tent a few years ago and following him ever since.

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

For me the discovered highlight was the Japanese psychedelic band Kikagaku Moyo on West Holts. I loved it as it was so different. What’s more they gave me one of my favourite photos of the festival 

3B1488C2-9F45-41AD-B692-78C35A04AC8C.jpeg

They were excellent. Loved the trippy visuals. 

• Upvote 1

Eva Lazarus Rumshack on Saturday evening was incredible, oozing with class and flair, we’ll be seeing her go far before too long. Same goes for Alewya on the BBC Introducing. Really discovered a whole host of female rappers and singers at this fest, much more so than previous year, everyone a great performer with lots of charisma and energy!!

On 7/1/2022 at 4:09 PM, jimmillen said:

Caught The Little Unsaid in the Bimble Inn on Thursday - purely on the basis of hearing one song from them on @Brave Sir Robin’s playlist and liking it.

Really enjoyable set, talented band and the frontman is bonkers in a good way. 🙂 

Defo going to listen properly to some of their stuff now. 

Good to hear, spreading the word out about the smaller acts is one of the main reasons for the playlist.

On 7/1/2022 at 4:10 PM, GmasterWomble said:

Yves Tumor... Just walked past on the saturday to find food and was hooked for the entire set. Great voice and amazingly talented band, love Glasto for moments like that.  

Loved these too, although I've been a fan for a while. Thought they'd be either absolutely awful or utterly brilliant - fortunately the latter. Totally OTT but such fun to watch as well as listen to.