Discovered acts from the line up you’ve never heard before

kalifire

Probably a bit of a poor one but i'd never heard of the avalanches (none of my group had either, they haven't really about since we started going to shows i think is why). Not surprised i like them giving their 4 recommended artists off them on spotify is LCD, animal collective, hot chip and caribou but i think a few of us will be making an appearance clash dependent! What stage are they meant to be on?

edit - saturday park

Edited by gfa

13 minutes ago, GeezLouise said:

Continuing the A-Z listen and reached L.  I have discovered Lamb today but I'm suspicious that I'm listening to the wrong Lamb as they don't really sound Avalon Stage to me? Am I listening to the right folks? 

image.png.bb8f3cd1525bcfe7e07ffa2d2f23f0be.png

You certainly are. Enjoy

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 1:31 PM, chazwwe said:

Genuinely think it'll be one of the sets of the weekend. I put him off for quite awhile as another young hyped up guy with a guitar but the Springsteen influences are all over it. 

I love his music, was gutted when he didn't play  in 2019. One of my mates in Florida, a guy in his sixties and an avid Springsteen fan, has been telling all of his mates in the States to listen, saying 'England finally has it's own Springsteen'

Yola for me, never heard of her before, slightly gutted that I didn't stick around at Avalon in 2019 after Bar Stewards, when she played.

Although none of my group are bothered, I will still probably see her at Leftfield. Sunday evening headliners are looking really poor so far, no interest in PSB or Kendrick.

Hadn't heard of Easy Life before but really enjoying them. Will be a great early Pyramid set, lets hope the suns out for them. Also i never really got the Blossoms, thought they were just more indie landfill which i am pretty much over, my age probably, but really enjoying their new album and it's got me re listening to the old stuff. I'll be watching them for sure.

Love this time of year for discovering stuff i'd not listened to before, some have become faves over the years. 

Edited by ghandi

3 hours ago, ghandi said:

Hadn't heard of Easy Life before but really enjoying them. Will be a great early Pyramid set, lets hope the suns out for them. Also i never really got the Blossoms, thought they were just more indie landfill which i am pretty much over, my age probably, but really enjoying their new album and it's got me re listening to the old stuff. I'll be watching them for sure.

Love this time of year for discovering stuff i'd not listened to before, some have become faves over the years. 

They were fantastic at Reading - great sunny indie band. I think the pyramid thing was a joke though (nobody is too sure). Other or Pyramid they will have a great crowd, definitely won't be missing them!

Blossoms aren't too shabby, they like to throw a cover / intros into their sets too which is pretty fun. Not huge on that new album honestly.

On 5/7/2022 at 4:55 PM, GeezLouise said:

Continuing the A-Z listen and reached L.  I have discovered Lamb today but I'm suspicious that I'm listening to the wrong Lamb as they don't really sound Avalon Stage to me? Am I listening to the right folks? 

image.png.bb8f3cd1525bcfe7e07ffa2d2f23f0be.png

lamb are excellent. 

Mitski 

Yola 

Clairo 

Leon Bridges 

Roisin Murphy 

Suzanne Vega

All of the above thanks to Richard Munden's Glasto2022 playlist.

Additionally, a friend recommended Jamie Webster to me - he's bloody brilliant. Shot straight up my league tables list into the 2nd tier "Really want to see". 

On 5/16/2022 at 1:59 PM, Stokesy10 said:

Mitski 

Yola 

Clairo 

Leon Bridges 

Roisin Murphy 

Suzanne Vega

All of the above thanks to Richard Munden's Glasto2022 playlist.

Additionally, a friend recommended Jamie Webster to me - he's bloody brilliant. Shot straight up my league tables list into the 2nd tier "Really want to see". 

Jamie Webste? Is he expected to be announced?