Discovered acts from the line up you’ve never heard before

kalifire

6 hours ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Listened to her stuff last week and was pretty underwhelmed if I'm honest, though I suspect I might be in a minority! Also, I wasn't particularly moved by Inhaler, but I might need to give them another try as I was 'working'. So far, of the acts that are new to me I've been really impressed with Wet Leg and Beabadoobee.

Caroline Polachek is on todays menu. Such a fun time of the year!

Well if you liked Chairlift when they were around youll enjoy Caroline. Seeing as that was her former band.

5 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Enjoying listening to Matilda Mann (Strong Rumour)....

Runner up in the ETC so nailed on for a spot somewhere. Her voice reminds me a lot of Billie Marten (which is a good thing). Just updated her tracks on the Spotify playlist, she's getting 600k+ monthly listeners!!

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

6 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Confidence Man. I’d honestly never heard of them, but have spent the weekend getting to understand them and now I absolutely cannot wait to see them.

The weirdest thing is my mate has used the expression Planet Janet for years to describe people and things he thinks are mental, and one of them is called Janet Planet.

+1 for Confidence Man!

I saw them twice at Primavera (at the festival site and in one of the city gigs) and again in Manchester afterwards. They're great! Super fun, I was so pleased to see/hear them on the playlist 🙂 

• Upvote 1

On 3/18/2022 at 10:27 PM, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Ashamed to say I'd never heard Khraungbin before. 

I literally now cannot stop listening/watching them. Just so so good.

Are we thinking Park most likely? Possibly 3rd or 4th? 

Unfortunately they’re likely headliners. I do love them but I’ll not be wasting a headliner to see them - would be perfect in the sun.

6 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Unfortunately they’re likely headliners. I do love them but I’ll not be wasting a headliner to see them - would be perfect in the sun.

Obviously they’re a bit big for their ideal early afternoon set, but is there a specific reason they’re being assumed to headline somewhere? Sunset at West Holts feels the ideal place to put them.

14 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Obviously they’re a bit big for their ideal early afternoon set, but is there a specific reason they’re being assumed to headline somewhere? Sunset at West Holts feels the ideal place to put them.

Nah no reason just vibes - feels that they’re the right size to be a Park headliner. They sold Alexandra Palace next month which is like 10k capacity.

Would be great if they’re afternoon some day though. Metronomy sunny Friday afternoon and sunny Khruangbin Saturday afternoon (or even back to back) would be incredible.

3 hours ago, Wanderlei said:

Been listening to Phoebe Bridgers. She sounds ace! I hope they don't stick her on a big stage where her sound gets lost.

I've got Punisher on at the moment and am enjoying it. Still making up my mind on whether to see her, may depend on where she's playing. Daytime somewhere then great, not sure if she's my Friday night vibe though.

• Upvote 1

Can add Black Midi to the really unlikely pile.  It's interesting, but not gonna be what I'm after.

On the flip side, and this surprised me a LOT, I'd forgotten that I actually quite like Blossoms. Not going to beat a trail to watch them, but would be a pleasant way to spend a sunny hour.

16 minutes ago, Quark said:

On the flip side, and this surprised me a LOT, I'd forgotten that I actually quite like Blossoms. Not going to beat a trail to watch them, but would be a pleasant way to spend a sunny hour.

My opinion on them was massively changed after their Sefton Park gig, was so hungry for live music I snapped up tickets to that event so quickly and it ended up being a great time, they have some good sing-along anthems that would be perfect in the sun, but just like you I won't be seeking them out, will be happy enough to end up in the crowd for them though.

On 3/20/2022 at 10:14 PM, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Confidence Man. I’d honestly never heard of them, but have spent the weekend getting to understand them and now I absolutely cannot wait to see them.

The weirdest thing is my mate has used the expression Planet Janet for years to describe people and things he thinks are mental, and one of them is called Janet Planet.

They are brilliant live as well. My mate took us to see them at half 12pm in Williams Green and they got everyone moving. 

5 hours ago, Quark said:

Can add Black Midi to the really unlikely pile.  It's interesting, but not gonna be what I'm after.

BM are worth catching live just to watch the drummer. One of the best in the business. 

Knowing nothing other than the name, I'd written Burna Boy off as pretty bog standard rap that I'd have no interest in. This is some seriously groovy afrobeat / dancehall stuff!  Enjoying his last album way more than I ever expected to, just shows it's worth working your way through the poster.

Not necessarily someone I'm going to make sure I see, but far more likely to catch him than I would have been otherwise.

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Quark said:

Knowing nothing other than the name, I'd written Burna Boy off as pretty bog standard rap that I'd have no interest in. This is some seriously groovy afrobeat / dancehall stuff!  Enjoying his last album way more than I ever expected to, just shows it's worth working your way through the poster.

Not necessarily someone I'm going to make sure I see, but far more likely to catch him than I would have been otherwise.

Burna boy's grandad used to manage fela kuti, and he is massively inspired by him!

Working my way through the excellent Glastonbury 2022 play list.

New music I've discovered (up to 'G')

Amyl and the Sniffers

Beabadoobee

Big Thief

Burna Boy

Caroline Polachek

Confidence Man

Dry Cleaning

Easy Life

Girl in Red

I genuinely have enjoyed listening to all of them and would be really happy to sit and watch each one!

What a festival we have in store!

17 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

Working my way through the excellent Glastonbury 2022 play list.

New music I've discovered (up to 'G')

Amyl and the Sniffers

Beabadoobee

Big Thief

Burna Boy

Caroline Polachek

Confidence Man

Dry Cleaning

Easy Life

Girl in Red

I genuinely have enjoyed listening to all of them and would be really happy to sit and watch each one!

What a festival we have in store!

I know, feels properly stacked with good things!

Been giving Sam Fender a proper listen this past week and he's jumped right up the list for me. 

I'd obviously heard Seventeen Going Under and Hypersonic Missiles a fair bit on the radio, but never really gone much deeper than that. 

He's similar to The War On Drugs for me, in that it took a few spins to get in to, but with each listen now he grows on me. 

On 3/22/2022 at 9:27 AM, rwhitehouse13 said:

On Khruangbin as Leon Bridges is on the poster as well I guess we can presume he might join them for their set? That would be pretty special.

Given their mutual success on the Texas Sun and Texas Moon EPs this is a certainty I would think.

I saw in the who is playing which stage thread some suggestions they would be headlining at the same time - I'd be stunned if this occurred instead of reciprocal guest appearances.

7 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Been giving Sam Fender a proper listen this past week and he's jumped right up the list for me. 

I'd obviously heard Seventeen Going Under and Hypersonic Missiles a fair bit on the radio, but never really gone much deeper than that. 

He's similar to The War On Drugs for me, in that it took a few spins to get in to, but with each listen now he grows on me. 

Genuinely think it'll be one of the sets of the weekend. I put him off for quite awhile as another young hyped up guy with a guitar but the Springsteen influences are all over it. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've spent the last couple of weeks listening to Confidence Man. Completely new to me, and I love them! Bright and breezy pop with a good driving beat. My favourites are split over their two albums, and I especially love the songs that feature choirs, but I can't shake the feeling of bopping along to this with a cider in hand. Absolute bliss. They're now on my must see list.

• Upvote 1