Discovered acts from the line up you’ve never heard before

kalifire

5 hours ago, Splonk said:

Liking it mucho!

Another for the must-see list 🙌

The worst thing in the world is finding a band you love and then realising you've missed them at Glastonbury when you could have seen them. Painful stuff. Probably worthy of another thread in itself.

In that case:  you missed Sampa The Great and Emma-Jean Thackray at G19 😉 

Still working through the poster. So far Angelique kidjo and Arlo Parks. The wife text me earlier to say she discovered Bicep.

I was listened to @Brave Sir Robin’s playlist while doing house jobs on Sunday and mini moth (age 4) spontaneously started dancing. “This is nice music daddy” she said, ‘twas Doja  Cat. She’s not wrong.

8 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Really liking this Jessie Ware album, "What's Your Pleasure?". Where do we reckon she'll be playing?

I think she's someone who will get bumped up to a bigger stage. In 2020 she was due to play I think Wow stage but that album was pretty big and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see her somewhere like John Peel instead now. 

Just now, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Yeah was gonna say, pretty sure I missed it as it would’ve been impossible to make it in time after Stormzy.

Didn't watch Stormzy, watched Michael Kiwanuka then a bit of Tame Impala, then a bit of Interpol but didn't settle anywhere. The heat from the day had beaten us and we just ended up drifting back to the tent.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Didn't watch Stormzy, watched Michael Kiwanuka then a bit of Tame Impala, then a bit of Interpol but didn't settle anywhere. The heat from the day had beaten us and we just ended up drifting back to the tent.

At least the following day was nice and mild for you!

1 minute ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

At least the following day was nice and mild for you!

Yeah Saturday daytime wasn't a huge amount of fun either. Mrs J and I ended up finding some shade in the Acoustic Field and staying there for hours people watching. Ended up missing a few things I wanted to see that afternoon (Slowthai, Fontaines DC) as we just couldn't be arsed to move.

The difference to the day before though was that the heat broke in the early evening and the evening run of Johnny Marr, Liam G, Shame and Killers was incredibly fun.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Yeah Saturday daytime wasn't a huge amount of fun either. Mrs J and I ended up finding some shade in the Acoustic Field and staying there for hours people watching. Ended up missing a few things I wanted to see that afternoon (Slowthai, Fontaines DC) as we just couldn't be arsed to move.

The difference to the day before though was that the heat broke in the early evening and the evening run of Johnny Marr, Liam G, Shame and Killers was incredibly fun.

Yeah, I don’t remember the heat too well on the Friday but between getting up, watching VW on the Park and then Slowthai, Saturday was absolutely awful.

I do remember it randomly cooling down around the time of Sigrid (think she must’ve been on after Johnny Marr), thankfully.

1 minute ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Yeah, I don’t remember the heat too well on the Friday but between getting up, watching VW on the Park and then Slowthai, Saturday was absolutely awful.

I do remember it randomly cooling down around the time of Sigrid (think she must’ve been on after Johnny Marr), thankfully.

It was hot and humid on the Friday, the sort of heat that just saps all your energy, and it kept up well into the night.

Saturday was just fucking hot, but at least it cooled down from about 5 onwards.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

It was hot and humid on the Friday, the sort of heat that just saps all your energy, and it kept up well into the night.

Saturday was just fucking hot, but at least it cooled down from about 5 onwards.

Yeah thinking back now I reckon I stayed in my tent hungover and missed the first couple of acts I wanted to see, then headed over to John Peel for Fontaines and Pond, so didn’t have to stand outside in the sun until the evening (Lauryn Hill). Probably why it doesn’t stick in my head as much compared to Saturday.

41 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Friday I was okay with, at least I thought so, then I woke up Saturday with major heat stroke and ended up just relaxing where ever there was shade until late afternoon. 

20 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Turnstile 4am on the Hell Stage surely?

We always say this sort of thing with any heavy/psychedelic band on the lineup. It would be great, but hardly anyone does a 2nd set in the SE Corner, and even then, they rarely put any well-known bands on later than about 1.

Personally I'd be surprised if Turnstile did more than one set (although I'd be delighted). They have no history with the festival and AFAIK aren't known for doing extra/late night sets.

Knew one of the songs already but been listening to Gabriels a bit more. Was talking to someone about them the other day, West Holts seems obvious but a late night set somewhere like Pussy Parlure would be amazing. Think the sound would really suit that more intimate setting.

8 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I was planning on seeing Robert Plant and Alison Krauss on the off chance they do some Zeppelin songs but I've now heard some of their original stuff and I'm looking forward to the whole set now

I suppose you would say they are an americana group.

The last song sounds like fever!

I saw them play in 2008 - they did some Zeppelin stuff of varying quality. He seems intent on ruining Black Dog at more or less every show, and this was no exception, but on the other hand they did sublime versions of The Battle of Evermore and Hey Hey, What Can I Do. But you're right, I enjoyed the other stuff just as much if not more so, and Alison Krauss has the most wonderful voice.