Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

20 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Don't shoot me down if it's been discussed already but could it possibly be Noel is headlining the Other stage against Paul? 

Force the crowds to split?

Who the af would go see Noel over Macca tho? 

On 5/5/2022 at 10:10 AM, FloorFiller said:

So if we assume they might’ve moved Fender to the Pyramaid now that they don’t have a huge act to go against him, we looking at Diana > Fender > Elbow > Kenny and then presumably Lorde is our missing Saturday Other headliner?

I’m rewatching Fender’s reading set from 2021 and it would be absolutely criminal not to put this man on the pyramid one evening. Such a party

7 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

image.thumb.png.68cef93a068db38eb35952e0fac91101.png

Phoebe Bridgers has a new US tour poster with a double date listed for Outside Lands, and then a single date listed when she's elsewhere. Same thing as Glasto. So its probably just a thing her designers are doing and d4bs down the idea of two sets I reckon.

(I didn't spot this someone else did but I won't say their name...) 

Outside Lands has late night gigs around the festival. Likely hinting towards that sort of thing. So she could be playing a theatre gig on Friday and the fest proper on Sat. 

3 hours ago, SouthbanKen said:

Who the af would go see Noel over Macca tho? 

Theres been plenty of people echoing their thoughts on Macca not being their thing because its apparently lacking somehow in his setlist. I guess not being 35 Beatles songs  during the show is a bad thing.

8 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

image.thumb.png.68cef93a068db38eb35952e0fac91101.png

Phoebe Bridgers has a new US tour poster with a double date listed for Outside Lands, and then a single date listed when she's elsewhere. Same thing as Glasto. So its probably just a thing her designers are doing and d4bs down the idea of two sets I reckon.

(I didn't spot this someone else did but I won't say their name...) 

Wait what doesn’t that indicate the opposite? Glasto isn’t on this poster, and Outside Lands has a double date and the other festivals on this poster don’t, so maybe she’s doing double dates at both Glasto and Ourside Lands?

I can’t fathom how one would conclude the opposite from this?

Edited by MaxPower
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Wait what doesn’t that indicate the opposite? Glasto isn’t on this poster, and Outside Lands has a double date and the other festivals on this poster don’t, so maybe she’s doing double dates at both Glasto and Ourside Lands?

I reckon it probably is an indication that she will be at those festivals on both those days. Could be for a guest slot with another artist and her own slot. Could be she just wants to see some other people so is hanging around. She definitely has history with a few other artists that she could join on stage.

5 hours ago, MaxPower said:

I was very hopeful a that would be the case till you look through and see Glasto and Outside Lands appear to be the only festivals without dates confirmed where there is more than one options available with the other dates. It could just be coincidence but I now think that is why.

6 minutes ago, Ashl said:

I was very hopeful a that would be the case till you look through and see Glasto and Outside Lands appear to be the only festivals without dates confirmed where there is more than one options available with the other dates. It could just be coincidence but I now think that is why.

Im still not following the logic here - how is that not an indication she’s appearing on both those days?

If that was the approach with all the other festivals then it would be make sense, but if it is just those two, isn’t that indication that they are different from the rest?

1 hour ago, MaxPower said:

Im still not following the logic here - how is that not an indication she’s appearing on both those days?

If that was the approach with all the other festivals then it would be make sense, but if it is just those two, isn’t that indication that they are different from the rest?

It could be either way around, either she is playing both days or where the festivals have not annouced day splits every available day is listed one of those two things is true, we just don't know which one, I'm just leaning towards the later but it wouldn't surprise me if there was no pattern as with everything else here and Glasto had 2 performances and Outside Lands didn't or visa versa! We can review in August!

What's stopping Fatboy just being stuck against Macca. PSB were rebooked and Other is missing a dance headliner - would be pretty much the opposite of Macca except not very new but he would draw a fair crowd i reckon?

Just now, gfa said:

What's stopping Fatboy just being stuck against Macca. PSB were rebooked and Other is missing a dance headliner - would be pretty much the opposite of Macca except not very new but he would draw a fair crowd i reckon?

It's not impossible - but my gut feeling is that if he was going to do that, then it'd be his only set of the weekend - or at least, the only announced one. The fact that he's been announced for Silver Hayes and Shangri La probably is a good indication that he's not playing a main stage.

Just now, incident said:

It's not impossible - but my gut feeling is that if he was going to do that, then it'd be his only set of the weekend - or at least, the only announced one. The fact that he's been announced for Silver Hayes and Shangri La probably is a good indication that he's not playing a main stage.

He was on the big poster though - i thought that ruled him out of only being at smaller stages?

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

He was on the big poster though - i thought that ruled him out of only being at smaller stages?

I don't think he was on the 2022 poster, and even if he had been it wouldn't be a factor - it's fairly common that a handful of the names on the poster are playing beyond the "big 5" stages.

Just now, incident said:

I don't think he was on the 2022 poster, and even if he had been it wouldn't be a factor - it's fairly common that a handful of the names on the poster are playing beyond the "big 5" stages.

fair enough 👍

27 minutes ago, gfa said:

Norman has said he’s no longer playing T’Other

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gfa said:

not read down to see if someone else said this, but I’m 99% sure he confirmed via Insta DMs that he isn’t headlining Other Stage.

18 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Theres been plenty of people echoing their thoughts on Macca not being their thing because its apparently lacking somehow in his setlist. I guess not being 35 Beatles songs  during the show is a bad thing.

I can get not being into Macca, I can even get being a bit blah if he’s not gonna roll out pure Beatles hits, but anyone who feels that way surely isn’t gonna be into a Noel, a 90s version of McCartney who equally ain’t gonna play a wall to wall set of his Oasis bangers. 

19 minutes ago, nikkic said:

F6213591-B0A9-4761-860A-529CE29E99EC.thumb.jpeg.c004abc35591cb9f06828c150eb41f25.jpeg

Like him or loathe him, you have to tip your hat to Big Norm. The fact that he was due to headline The Other, but got bumped down and doesn’t seem to hold any grudge and is still doing multiple sets over the weekend Is a pretty cool way to be. He loves the festival as much as anyone I reckon. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SouthbanKen said:

I can get not being into Macca, I can even get being a bit blah if he’s not gonna roll out pure Beatles hits, but anyone who feels that way surely isn’t gonna be into a Noel, a 90s version of McCartney who equally ain’t gonna play a wall to wall set of his Oasis bangers. 

Well it seems there are people in that camp also. Might not have had as much time to be disillusioned over whT he does. Ive seen Noel a couple times but I havent seen Liam. And now just hope they can combine forces again and get the Oasis return out of the damn way.