Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Seems like it might just be a case of coming over for a few shows in one block rather than staying in Europe for multiple weeks. Where do we think she’ll play then? I’d say before Diana Ross makes sense but not sure if Black Dyke Band, Herbie Hancock, Angelique Kijdo (if that info was correct) and Kacey Musgraves on before Diana seems a bit strong. 

I’d say on the pyramid Saturday personally 

Billie, Doja Cat, Wolf Alice, Olivia Rodrigo, Crowded House, Rufus Wainwright, Ukrainian Celebration

Macca, NGHFB, HAIM, Paolo Nutini, Kasey Musgraves, Easy Life, Griff

Kendrick, Lorde, Elbow, Diana Ross, Herbie Hancock , Angelique Kidjo, Black Dyke Band

(Based on some of the info we have but that Sat and Sun don’t look right!)

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

Billie, Doja Cat, Wolf Alice, Olivia Rodrigo, Crowded House, Rufus Wainwright, Ukrainian Celebration

Macca, NGHFB, HAIM, Paolo Nutini, Kasey Musgraves, Easy Life, Griff

Kendrick, Lorde, Elbow, Diana Ross, Herbie Hancock , Angelique Kidjo, Black Dyke Band

(Based on some of the info we have but that Sat and Sun don’t look right!)

Think the Easy Life and Griff info is bollocks tbh - both obvious Other or John Peel acts imo, but we’ll see. 

Also if the days end up anything like this then I’m probably gonna be spending more time at the Pyramid than I have any other year (and cursing all of the inevitable clashes on all the other stages). 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Think the Easy Life and Griff info is bollocks tbh - both obvious Other or John Peel acts imo, but we’ll see. 

Also if the days end up anything like this then I’m probably gonna be spending more time at the Pyramid than I have any other year (and cursing all of the inevitable clashes on all the other stages). 

I don’t like that first 4 on the pyramid Sunday either! Makes no sense

Who's playing what day -  Arcadia

Not Friday: Calvin Harris

Not Saturday: TSHA

Free all weekend: Amelie Lens, Carl Cox (sat Glade) b2b Chase & Status, DJ EZ, Four Tet (fri live), Ishmael Ensemble, Kurupt FM, NIA Archives, Nina Kraviz

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think a lot of people assumed Four Tet was Friday night JP so that’s interesting. Probably means he’s Friday West Holts unless he’s playing lower than expected.

Could do a Fatboy Slim  and be on pre-headliner in the John Peel. 

Conversely, we don’t know for sure PS are headlining do we? I mean, it certainly makes sense, but wasn’t there doubt over them doing it in 2020? Can’t remember who we thought were more likely to take the top spots, mind…

4 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think a lot of people assumed Four Tet was Friday night JP so that’s interesting. Probably means he’s Friday West Holts unless he’s playing lower than expected.

Oh that's a good point! I think I'd rather Four Tet of the two 😬

6 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

hes doing arcadia i've heard.

Just now, Neil said:

hes doing arcadia i've heard.

Yeah he’s on the leaked poster, although I’m fairly sure Arcadia acts aren’t usually on the first big poster, so I’m assuming he’s doing a proper live set on one of the main stages as well as DJing on Arcadia. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Could do a Fatboy Slim  and be on pre-headliner in the John Peel. 

Conversely, we don’t know for sure PS are headlining do we? I mean, it certainly makes sense, but wasn’t there doubt over them doing it in 2020? Can’t remember who we thought were more likely to take the top spots, mind…

Both very good points. We never got confirmation about the final JP headliner in 2020. Editors were the Friday headliner, Primal Scream were playing Saturday and Charli XCX was headlining one night too. I think we initially assumed Charli was the Saturday to avoid a Taylor Swift clash before deciding that clashing with Dua Lipa made even less sense, so went with an Editors, Primal Scream, Charli XCX trio. There were a few other contenders too, and Primal Scream could definitely play below headline at this stage, but I think they made a bit more sense as a headliner than FKA twigs or a pre-TikTok Glass Animals. 

Either way, who are the contenders for the other JP headliners? Charli XCX will surely be one but not sure on the other(s). Maybe Idles or Glass Animals?

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah he’s on the leaked poster, although I’m fairly sure Arcadia acts aren’t usually on the first big poster, so I’m assuming he’s doing a proper live set on one of the main stages as well as DJing on Arcadia. 

Yeah I’d guess DJ on Arcadia and a live show somewhere too.

Is he definitely playing Friday? Playing the 4D chess of lineup guessing that would most likely make him WH headliner, which in turn moves Simz to Saturday, which in turn pisses me right off!

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

Yeah I’d guess DJ on Arcadia and a live show somewhere too.

Is he definitely playing Friday? Playing the 4D chess of lineup guessing that would most likely make him WH headliner, which in turn moves Simz to Saturday, which in turn pisses me right off!

Self confirmed Friday on his own tour dates, yeah. I suppose a 1-2 of Bonobo and Four Tet on WH would make sense and appeal to a certain demographic so maybe that’s what’s happening. Didn’t have him down as a headliner myself, but tbh I’m probably totally underselling how popular he is these days. 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Self confirmed Friday on his own tour dates, yeah. I suppose a 1-2 of Bonobo and Four Tet on WH would make sense and appeal to a certain demographic so maybe that’s what’s happening. Didn’t have him down as a headliner myself, but tbh I’m probably totally underselling how popular he is these days. 

Balls.

Simz was one of my must sees, but realistically she’s not winning the fight with Macca.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Balls.

Simz was one of my must sees, but realistically she’s not winning the fight with Macca.

She is for me I think.

Been back on forth on this for a while and I may end up switching last minute, but right now I’m on the Simz train over Macca.